The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 16 June 2018, 08:50 AM   #1
Corey986
"TRF" Member

Anyone here have a new JLC triple calendar with the new rotor

If your watch was made within the last year and has the sunburst face can you tell me if the dial area where the Moon phase is located is fluted or is it smooth? I know the older ones including the meteorite ones that area is fluted with a circular pattern.

Thanks,
Corey
Corey986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 12:02 AM   #2
Corey986
"TRF" Member

I guess I should explain this better, and a small update...

I went to go check my watch moon phase with the JLC mobile app the other day and noticed the round fluting in the picture in the app. Then I went and looked at my watch and thought it didn't have the fluting. My watch has been to JLC in Texas for a warranty service on the dial.

I was wrong. Since no one responded to my posting here I thought maybe I needed to put a picture up to explain myself. So I found an old picture before the service and it showed obvious fluting. Then I went and took a picture of the watch in it's current state so I can zoom into the area to show everyone. My watch does have the fluting, but it looks like JLC went from a white background on the dial to a consistent color. It also looks like the dial is not the same kind of "sunburst"

Now I need to know is this normal, or did JLC screw up and put a defective dial that is supposed to be painted on my watch. Maybe they only use the latest parts and the new watches don't have white. Before I call JLC, I was hoping to have some information for the conversation.
Thanks,
Corey

Attached are two pics, one before service and one after....
Attached Images
File Type: png JLC_Pre_Service_small.png (262.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: png JLC_Post_Service.png (280.0 KB, 60 views)
Old 19 June 2018, 12:46 AM   #3
Corey986
"TRF" Member

OK, may have answered my own question with a little google image search.

Yep, besides the new rotor, they changed the front dial on the triple calendar for 2017 to a single color without the white around for second/moonphase dial.