The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 May 2018, 12:44 AM   #91
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
Well, one has to assume if he is logging on he is reading this thread. Must be unsettling.

The alleged swindle aside for a moment, I agree it would be unsettling to see family member’s data posted. This is data that I understand the poster’s gained via searching public records. But it is chilling to anyone wanting to follow the rule of law.

As for the OP’s claims - he has been surprisingly silent on the case after retaining an attorney.

It would be to the accused seller’s benefit to at least address the case unless doing so would tend to incriminate him or actions of his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 12:54 AM   #92
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
The alleged swindle aside for a moment, I agree it would be unsettling to see family member’s data posted. This is data that I understand the poster’s gained via searching public records. But it is chilling to anyone wanting to follow the rule of law.

As for the OP’s claims - he has been surprisingly silent on the case after retaining an attorney.

It would be to the accused seller’s benefit to at least address the case unless doing so would tend to incriminate him or actions of his family.

Not "surprising", I suspect most attorney's would ask the client to refrain from posting or discussing on a public forum.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 02:08 AM   #93
agp16
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rose Skydweller
MB23 Got In Touch! Thank You (+ Please Calm Down)

!!! You guys are unreal. I never thought this post would get so much attention or support from the forums. Thanks to all of you who have helped.

UPDATE: Michael reached out to me to sort out and try to make this right. I'll be totally honest. He apologized for his behavior, disclosed his personal reasons for going AWOL and offered to get onto a payment plan to get squared away.

He sent $5k towards the $35k I paid him and we're going to execute a promissory note to memorialize the rest. (If any of you guys have other ideas or know what I'm forgetting, please let me know).

Please refrain from posting any personal info, and if possible please don't blow them up in real life. I'm hoping that as long as there's (1)Honesty and (2)Progress, everyone should get a 2nd chance.

THANK YOU again to everyone here who's been so helpful. Mike is making progress and I'd like to think we'll get to a positive resolution. Please don't let this turn south on us, the community has been extremely supportive.

Thanks!!
agp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 02:10 AM   #94
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Glad to hear. All the best.
Old 7 May 2018, 02:11 AM   #95
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the update. The power of this forum is incredible.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 02:15 AM   #96
MinMay
Banned

That's great news until all your money is righteously return back to you.

It's not worth to go AWOL for 35K or let alone for any amount.

The forum has a lot of people with a lot of skills and expertise....and with lots of money :)
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 02:19 AM   #97
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Glad to hear this is on the path to resolution, and ultimately full restitution.

As for the personal date already exposed, those who posted it can contact a Mod to redact it from your post without prejudice.

Old 7 May 2018, 02:25 AM   #98
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP & Rolex
Amazing what the threat / exposure of personal info does!

I wish you luck and glad progress has been made
kultschar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 02:29 AM   #99
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
glad to hear this. hopefully you get all 35k back.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 02:36 AM   #100
gbx
"TRF" Member

Glad to hear he's reached out.

The real reason he got in touch with you is because Google has been particularly unfriendly with his details and this thread. It takes just about one sour deal to ruin a good reputation.

He has the liquidity to make this right; don't settle for a promissory note.
gbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 03:34 AM   #101
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Glad to hear some money has been returned, but keep on him until you are made whole!
teqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 03:59 AM   #102
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
Good to hear some money is being returned, I hope he makes good on his promise.

As for his personal information being on display, this is the only reason he's contacted you at all, I think it should stay where it is, at least until you have the full $35k. Might make him pay it back a little quicker.

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 04:27 AM   #103
gbx
"TRF" Member

HELP! $35K nightmare w/ MB23 aka Michael Russo Rolex dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post

As for his personal information being on display, this is the only reason he's contacted you at all, I think it should stay where it is, at least until you have the full $35k. Might make him pay it back a little quicker.

Nm
Old 7 May 2018, 04:51 AM   #104
simbal
"TRF" Member

I have dealt with Mike over the years and much more than 35k. I am glad he is doing the right thing. I have to say I am a little disappointed that he didn't manage this better, but I give him the benefit of doubt. Now he is going to have to rebuild years worth of solid reputation!
simbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 04:52 AM   #105
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

OP- I am very happy to read of the resolution agreed upon between you and MB23. It is a truly unfortunate situation. I too believe in second chances but also that he should have been proactive in making it right and not waiting for months, and only once he was called out on a forum. It should have never come to this and he knows it. That said, I do hope payment is made in full and that this is put to rest for good. Good luck!
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 04:57 AM   #106
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Glad to hear there is progress. So are we to assume the watch was never shipped? The AWOL situation is secondary. I'd make sure this was resolved sooner than later and get the agreement notarized.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 05:22 AM   #107
rolehex
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post

What Rule of Law? How about stealing 35k dollars form someone? This guy is a thief and should be banned from this site so he doesn't do it again. The ONLY reason he is back communicating with the buyer again is from the pressure of this site and all its amazing members and their diligence. 5k and a promise to pay is a joke...this guy should be in jail.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 05:29 AM   #108
fwong208
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cat Wall Clock
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolehex View Post
What Rule of Law? How about stealing 35k dollars form someone? This guy is a thief and should be banned from this site so he doesn't do it again. The ONLY reason he is back communicating with the buyer again is from the pressure of this site and all its amazing members and their diligence. 5k and a promise to pay is a joke...this guy should be in jail.
$35K is a lot, but Doxing his and his families info, drags other innocent people in which in all fairness, creates a more serious issue. Imagine if someone takes retribution in the form of sending threatening notes to the home where his parents, wife, or kids live in. Or if someone off-site decides to use the public information to do other sinister things with.

I agree about some sort of punishment where this forum is concerned with his account and my advice to the OP is to make sure that any payment plan is legally documented and executed.
fwong208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 05:33 AM   #109
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
Quote:
Originally Posted by agp16 View Post
!!! You guys are unreal. I never thought this post would get so much attention or support from the forums. Thanks to all of you who have helped.

UPDATE: Michael reached out to me to sort out and try to make this right. I'll be totally honest. He apologized for his behavior, disclosed his personal reasons for going AWOL and offered to get onto a payment plan to get squared away.

He sent $5k towards the $35k I paid him and we're going to execute a promissory note to memorialize the rest. (If any of you guys have other ideas or know what I'm forgetting, please let me know).

Please refrain from posting any personal info, and if possible please don't blow them up in real life. I'm hoping that as long as there's (1)Honesty and (2)Progress, everyone should get a 2nd chance.

THANK YOU again to everyone here who's been so helpful. Mike is making progress and I'd like to think we'll get to a positive resolution. Please don't let this turn south on us, the community has been extremely supportive.

Thanks!!
I am glad the OP was able to get a response from Mr. Russo, but please do not forget that you are dealing with a scammer. The OP got lucky. Most of these incidents do not end in the scammed recovering any funds. Mr. Russo was forced to step up because you were able to unmask his true identity, cause his actions to get some attention and get a lawyer involved. Mr. Russo did not voluntarily come forward out of a sense of right/wrong or duty, but rather because he was exposed. This thread should be left up as a warning to others in the watch community. Once a scammer always a scammer.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 05:35 AM   #110
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwong208 View Post
$35K is a lot, but Doxing his and his families info, drags other innocent people in which in all fairness, creates a more serious issue. Imagine if someone takes retribution in the form of sending threatening notes to the home where his parents, wife, or kids live in. Or if someone off-site decides to use the public information to do other sinister things with.

I agree about some sort of punishment where this forum is concerned with his account and my advice to the OP is to make sure that any payment plan is legally documented and executed.
People create their own nightmares. If he was an honest sorta bloke, he wouldn't be in this situation.
Old 7 May 2018, 05:42 AM   #111
gbx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The ONLY reason he is back communicating with the buyer again is from the pressure of this site and all its amazing members and their diligence. 5k and a promise to pay is a joke...this guy should be in jail.
I agree - I get the feeling that the original poster (agp16) is an extremely kind and gentle person.

5 months of an interest-free loan and a Father's birthday gift - ruined - would be enough for most people to want to turn some legal screws.

The SkyDweller in question stopped appearing on his Instagram page on December 17th, so I want to believe that s/he only carelessly enriched a dishonest FedEx employee. Maybe driving to the FedEx store in a yellow lambo and leave the package on the counter is a bad idea.

But given the way Michael Russo portrays himself in social media. 5k and a promissory note is really an insult.
Old 7 May 2018, 07:06 AM   #112
Tonyfsu21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx View Post
Millions of dollars in watches are transacted on this forum annually using the exact methodology the OP used.

Blaming the victim here is not helpful.
Precise statement. I would send trusted seller AKA Takuya $1m with zero concern.
Tonyfsu21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 07:49 AM   #113
goin camping
"TRF" Member

OP, I hope this works out for you... But if it does not.

You can sue him here in California*, serve him in NY and he will have to come to L.A. to defend himself for the trial.

No need for you to hire a NY Atty. or go to court there.

Best of luck.

*You entered into a contract in Santa Monica, CA. (L.A. County) thus L.A., CA. has jurisdiction. Jurisdiction rules are your friend. ;)
goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 07:58 AM   #114
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin camping View Post
OP, I hope this works out for you... But if it does not.

You can sue him here in California*, serve him in NY and he will have to come to L.A. to defend himself for the trial.

No need for you to hire a NY Atty. or go to court there.

Best of luck.

*You entered into a contract in Santa Monica, CA. (L.A. County) thus L.A., CA. has jurisdiction. Jurisdiction rules are your friend. ;)

You are correct, but it's not as easy as it may seem. He could sue him in CA and get a default judgement if he doesn't defend, but unless Mr. Russo owns property or assets in CA, the OP will need to take the CA judgment to a Court in NY and try to get them to recognize the judgment. Mr. Russo could have a lawyer oppose the foreign judgment in NY, thus forcing the OP to get a lawyer in NY.
Old 7 May 2018, 08:01 AM   #115
Razorsedge1
"TRF" Member

Wow! I was not very optimistic about you getting your money back. I hope he follows through with payment plan.

That being said I would only buy a watch face to face or by using a credit card which gives you some recourse. Just not worth the risk in my opinion.

Best of luck!
Razorsedge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 08:40 AM   #116
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
What Rule of Law?

It is a concept best described in this article. https://www.americanbar.org/content/...thcheckdam.pdf

Even after catching a thief red-handed, there are proper procedures.

Old 7 May 2018, 08:55 AM   #117
Rick_Nashville
2024 Pledge Member

To OP, so glad to hear that you are on the path of restitution, but in the future (for our sake and for yours, lol), and I *know* you know this, but please stick with Rolex ADs or the most elite of the trusted sellers here.
Rick_Nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 09:08 AM   #118
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
HELP! $35K nightmare w/ MB23 aka Michael Russo Rolex dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Nashville View Post
To OP, so glad to hear that you are on the path of restitution, but in the future (for our sake and for yours, lol), and I *know* you know this, but please stick with Rolex ADs or the most elite of the trusted sellers here.

OP said that he did 5 deals with MB23 over the course of the last few years. He had every reason to trust him just as much if not more than any other “trusted seller”. It’s not like he was being careless.
c41006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 11:45 AM   #119
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Nashville View Post
Yes, this was not a fly-by-night shady backstreet vendor. He's been selling HIGH end prestige brands for at least 6 years and has(d) a registered office in the watch and jewelry district in NYC. There was no way the buyer could have known the deal would go sour. The fact he hadn't listed a watch since last summer was a bit of a red flag but after several successful transactions he would not have thought to check or be suspicious.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 03:53 PM   #120
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

Impo......your right to privacy is reduced when you abscond with someone's money. Don't be fooled. The seller was fine kicking the can down the road for 5 months. Only when made public did he connect with the OP and attempt to make it right.

Outside of a coma.....there are not many excuses that prevent someone from contacting you in this day and age. For 5 months.....the OP was a prince and totally patient. More than most would have done.

Hopefully it works out. This is a good lesson to be learned.
Gina Marie is offline   Reply With Quote