The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 October 2020, 05:04 AM   #1
DMoniz
"TRF" Member

Breitling eWarranty card still around?

This past weekend, I purchased a Breitling Superocean Heritage II gun metal blue dial on the mesh steel strap at my local AD. I wasn’t paying much attention when she was telling me that she just activated my warranty since I was getting the watch sized to my wrist by someone else. I didn’t think much of it until I got home and went through the box. I have just a basic credit card with the serial # on it. My question is..... did they stop using that eWarranty card that I’ve seen online or did my AD just push through some random card because they might have lost it or something weird? I just want to make sure I got everything that is supposed to come with the watch when purchased new at the AD.
DMoniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 09:26 AM   #2
vintagewatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sport 4digit ref#
As of October 5, 2020 Breitling had AD's (USA at least) stop using the electronic warranty cards and switched to a credit card style card that is activated via a smartphone app. I work at an AD, and was shown the new method last week.
vintagewatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 09:30 AM   #3
DMoniz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagewatch View Post
As of October 5, 2020 Breitling had AD's (USA at least) stop using the electronic warranty cards and switched to a credit card style card that is activated via a smartphone app. I work at an AD, and was shown the new method last week.
Thanks for that update. I guess I just missed that cutoff. By any chance do you know why Breitling suddenly made this change?
Old 14 October 2020, 09:37 AM   #4
DMoniz
"TRF" Member

Interesting. I guess I just missed out on that then. Where you told any specific as to why the change or it’s just been a pain in the ass for ADs to deal with so they just made things simpler?
Old 14 October 2020, 10:51 AM   #5
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

This might have happened because of the switch to the new block chain technology they’re using with new watches now.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 10:57 AM   #6
vintagewatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sport 4digit ref#
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoniz View Post
Interesting. I guess I just missed out on that then. Where you told any specific as to why the change or it’s just been a pain in the ass for ADs to deal with so they just made things simpler?
The main reason I believe is the new "Blockchain" feature which allows the watch owner (original or whomever if sold) to track factory service history amongst other things on Breitling's website. (link below)

www.breitling.com/us-en/service/blockchain/
vintagewatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2020, 11:49 AM   #7
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
The main reason I believe is the new "Blockchain" feature which allows the watch owner (original or whomever if sold) to track factory service history amongst other things on Breitling's website...
T4S
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 03:20 AM   #8
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
This is good to know, thanks! I wonder how long the battery in the e-Warranty cards will last?
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #9
Kevi416
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Breitling endurance

Was wondering if someone can help me out here? so I’m looking to buy a breitling endurance pro that bought in July 2021 and it has the new “credit card” style warranty card. I noticed that on almost all of the endurances the serial number begins with a 8 but the one I’m looking at starts with a 6 is this suspicious? However I did come across one that was a 2020 and it had the old digital card it’s serial started with a 6 as well so I’m kinda confused here.
Kevi416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #10
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I'm not sure, sadly , but would assume this can vary in a way that only Breitling will know. Breitling Source might have some additional details, however, post pictures if you can. This will allow some of the members with knowledge regarding this to better help.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote