The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 January 2022, 06:14 AM   #1
"TRF" Member

So let the wait begin…

Probably indefinitely!!!

Went to pick up 5 watches that were taken in for service at my AD, which included 2 Rolexes, a Graham, a Panerai, and a Ball. While I was in there my SA asked me if my wife loved the earrings that I bought my wife for Christmas and I told her that she absolutely loved them.

She then asked me if there was anything else that I wanted, and I asked her if I could be put on the list for a 228239 with a black dial. She brought the manager out who explained that they could not take orders for them, but that no other customer was on the list for that particular model, so if they happened to get one in, it was mine. However it had been over a year since they had seen a WG DD, so my wait may be a while. I told him I understood what was happening in the marketplace, and told him I wasn’t interested in going grey market at this time, and that I was willing to be patient. He brought out a black dial stainless DJ with oyster bracelet to see if I had any interest in that, which I politely declined.

So we shall see. I also told him that I would like a matching lady datejust with President bracelet for the Mrs as well.

Does anyone know if ADs call other ADs to do swaps of inventories? Kind of like dealer swaps with cars? Anyhow I know I may be waiting long or indefinitely, but I don’t NEED it now and I have to believe that the price spike is going to correct itself at some point, but obviously could be wrong. Hope I’m definitely not wrong about a car market correction. Sold my 2004 360 6 speed at a nice profit this year and need to replace it with another prancing horse!!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Graham Silverstone Stowe GMT 2BLCD.W04A
Ball Engineer II Green Berets NM2028C-L4CJ-BK
8202632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2022, 06:17 AM   #2
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Sounds like you’ve good relationship with your AD and some purchase history. My bet is that they will contact their Rolex rep and get you what you’re looking for sooner than later. Just because they haven’t seen a WG DD in over a year doesn’t mean they can’t get one. Keep us posted and hope it comes in soon
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2022, 06:28 AM   #3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcampado View Post
Sounds like you’ve good relationship with your AD and some purchase history. My bet is that they will contact their Rolex rep and get you what you’re looking for sooner than later. Just because they haven’t seen a WG DD in over a year doesn’t mean they can’t get one. Keep us posted and hope it comes in soon
Hope so too! Thanks for the kind words and optimism!
Graham Silverstone Stowe GMT 2BLCD.W04A
Ball Engineer II Green Berets NM2028C-L4CJ-BK
8202632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2022, 06:44 AM   #4
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8202632 View Post
Probably indefinitely!!!

Went to pick up 5 watches that were taken in for service at my AD, which included 2 Rolexes, a Graham, a Panerai, and a Ball. While I was in there my SA asked me if my wife loved the earrings that I bought my wife for Christmas and I told her that she absolutely loved them.

She then asked me if there was anything else that I wanted, and I asked her if I could be put on the list for a 228239 with a black dial. She brought the manager out who explained that they could not take orders for them, but that no other customer was on the list for that particular model, so if they happened to get one in, it was mine. However it had been over a year since they had seen a WG DD, so my wait may be a while. I told him I understood what was happening in the marketplace, and told him I wasn’t interested in going grey market at this time, and that I was willing to be patient. He brought out a black dial stainless DJ with oyster bracelet to see if I had any interest in that, which I politely declined.

So we shall see. I also told him that I would like a matching lady datejust with President bracelet for the Mrs as well.

Does anyone know if ADs call other ADs to do swaps of inventories? Kind of like dealer swaps with cars? Anyhow I know I may be waiting long or indefinitely, but I don’t NEED it now and I have to believe that the price spike is going to correct itself at some point, but obviously could be wrong. Hope I’m definitely not wrong about a car market correction. Sold my 2004 360 6 speed at a nice profit this year and need to replace it with another prancing horse!!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

If you look at the information presented, I think you should be good. They said they have not received a WG DD in over a year … that would make me think they are overdue. And since no one else is on that list your wait will be minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2022, 09:19 AM   #5
afmars
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO
I wouldn’t be surprised if you get a call sooner rather than later.
afmars is offline   Reply With Quote