The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 29 December 2017, 03:48 AM   #151
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
My cannabis portfolio is going crazy right now. 5%-8% gains all over the board per day this week.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 03:50 AM   #152
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Recreational cannabis becomes legal in all of California on January 1st. I should add to my position.

I also own MO (Altria, the largest tobacco company in the US) and PM (this split off from Altria and is the international tobacco company). I hope that as legalization spreads, MO and PM will buy some of the marijuana companies since tobacco is declining worldwide.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 04:01 AM   #153
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Recreational cannabis becomes legal in all of California on January 1st. I should add to my position.

I also own MO (Altria, the largest tobacco company in the US) and PM (this split off from Altria and is the international tobacco company). I hope that as legalization spreads, MO and PM will buy some of the marijuana companies since tobacco is declining worldwide.
It is extremely likely to happen. However, a foreign multinational is in a better position to move on an acquisition, if cannabis recreationally legal in their home country. Although, that didn’t stock Constellation Brands from buying 10% of Canopy Growth and still has warrants to up their ownership to 20%. They have easily doubled their $200MM (actually $400MM) investment since only October. Cannabis will keep grinding higher between now and July 1st, 2018, the Canadian Recreational market launch date.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 04:01 AM   #154
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post
I've only had a chance to jump in on this tread a couple of times but I wanted to chime in again. If you care to know how this has impacted my family please go back and read my posts.

Regardless of how anyone on this thread feels about recreational use can you please understand that cannabis has exhibited real medical benefits. The people who have been positively impacted by these benefits could care less about recreational use. When it comes to the way you think about this please don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Separate these 2 sides of the discussion.

There are currently many people with real chronic pain that have had no option but opioids. I don't think I need to go through that train wreck of a treatment. Right now I have no doubt that medicinal cannabis has saved my wife's life. Her life has completely turned around for the positive and she doesn't get high. I'll stop now because I'm getting a little emotional.
My mother uses CBD oil to take her chronic pain from rheumatoid arthritis and hernia away. It can be a wonderful pain killer, without poisoning the body.
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 04:07 AM   #155
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:
Recreational cannabis becomes legal in all of California on January 1st.
Which will require and involve a whole new set of interpretive laws when it comes to DUIs (and related traffic accidents/fatalities).

In today's SF Chronicle (local news section), an increasing number of pregnant women are smoking pot while carrying their unborn infants. After-effects are still subject to speculation and further research.

With freedom comes certain responsibilities. Unfortunately there will always be those who cannot bear this burden based on their inherent immaturity, stupidity and/or cluelessness. As always, society and taxpayers will pay for their indiscretions.

It's OK to smoke pot but keep your priorities 'straight'.
BristolCavendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 04:43 AM   #156
BravoOne
Banned

It's not okay for some to smoke pot, but it is legal in some states. Still a federal law against
MJ and as you have observed the health consequences for the unborn remain potentially huge.

Anyone with a lick of common sense would stay clear unless of course they are fully willing, and capable of paying the cost.
BravoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 05:01 AM   #157
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Other than Aphria what would be your second pick to buy right now in this industry?
i went over this in the last couple pages with a variety of other pics. i gave only the canadian tickers though.

APH and WEED are the safest but there are a lot of companies whose valuations need to play catch up. Cronos is catching up this week and has lots more room to grow.
bing240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 05:08 AM   #158
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
i went over this in the last couple pages with a variety of other pics. i gave only the canadian tickers though.

APH and WEED are the safest but there are a lot of companies whose valuations need to play catch up. Cronos is catching up this week and has lots more room to grow.
Cronos is definitely flying. I’m debating picking up some Hypothecary too.
Old 29 December 2017, 05:32 AM   #159
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I would say to treat it like alcohol: don't smoke if pregnant and don't drive while high. These are common sense principles, but the young and foolish will do what they want.

Prohibition did not work so well for alcohol and prohibiting marijuana has had the same effect.

IMO, It is better for states to regulate and tax the product and promote an educational program both in schools and on TV.

Yes, some people will abuse it like they abuse alcohol and prescription opioids. What state and federal governments can do is minimize the abuse to some degree and definitely issue strong DUI's to those who drive while high.

I would even suggest suspending their licenses. They should do that with alcohol also, as both endanger the lives of innocents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoOne View Post
It's not okay for some to smoke pot, but it is legal in some states. Still a federal law against
MJ and as you have observed the health consequences for the unborn remain potentially huge.

Anyone with a lick of common sense would stay clear unless of course they are fully willing, and capable of paying the cost.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 05:46 AM   #160
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would say to treat it like alcohol: don't smoke if pregnant and don't drive while high. These are common sense principles, but the young and foolish will do what they want.

Prohibition did not work so well for alcohol and prohibiting marijuana has had the same effect.

IMO, It is better for states to regulate and tax the product and promote an educational program both in schools and on TV.

Yes, some people will abuse it like they abuse alcohol and prescription opioids. What state and federal governments can do is minimize the abuse to some degree and definitely issue strong DUI's to those who drive while high.

I would even suggest suspending their licenses. They should do that with alcohol also, as both endanger the lives of innocents.
Unfortunately, you’re always going to have stupid people. Some people abuse Diet Coke and Chapstick, so what can you do, other than try to educate people. If used responsibly, cannabis is far less detrimental than alcohol, and in many cases more beneficial than certain prescription drugs without the harmful side effects. Cannabis will change the alcohol, pharmaceutical, and nutraceutical industry forever.
Old 29 December 2017, 05:46 AM   #161
SADDLE
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorliss View Post
Cronos is definitely flying. I’m debating picking up some Hypothecary too.
I've tried to find Cronos on my fidelity brokerage account and I'm having trouble finding the ticker to purchase shares... any help?
SADDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 05:51 AM   #162
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADDLE View Post
I've tried to find Cronos on my fidelity brokerage account and I'm having trouble finding the ticker to purchase shares... any help?
PRMCF...but be careful buying here since it has practically doubled in about a week. It may back off a bit. Maybe fade into it.
Old 29 December 2017, 05:54 AM   #163
SADDLE
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
PRMCF...but be careful buying here since it has practically doubled in about a week. It may back off a bit. Maybe fade into it.
Thank you!
SADDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 07:29 AM   #164
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Cronos's market cap is still only about 1/3 of ACB. It should be much closer. Medreleaf was also up 20% today. These guys round out the top 5 and needed to play catch up to the valuations of the rest.

from my earlier post though, if the trend continues down the list of top LP's, which it likely will, there are several companies who should see similar runs, especially if they pick up MOU's. Ontario, Quebec, BC, AB are all the most heavily populated provinces and have not announced their supply agreements yet.

also, a lot of the US stocks are running in anticipation of cali rec legal next week. EAT/SPLIF is one i have held for a while. It was up 136% yesterday and another 66% today.
Old 29 December 2017, 07:49 AM   #165
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
Cronos's market cap is still only about 1/3 of ACB. It should be much closer. Medreleaf was also up 20% today. These guys round out the top 5 and needed to play catch up to the valuations of the rest.

from my earlier post though, if the trend continues down the list of top LP's, which it likely will, there are several companies who should see similar runs, especially if they pick up MOU's. Ontario, Quebec, BC, AB are all the most heavily populated provinces and have not announced their supply agreements yet.

also, a lot of the US stocks are running in anticipation of cali rec legal next week. EAT/SPLIF is one i have held for a while. It was up 136% yesterday and another 66% today.
Regarding Quebec, I just bought 70,000 shares of Hydropothecary today, one of two licensed cultivators in Quebec. I may try to add another 50,000 tomorrow. Have a decent amountbof dry powder ready to deploy. The other licensed producer in Quebec is Canopy. Current market cap is only a third of Cronos but has similar sales and fully-funded production capacity plans. I suspect it could be acquired by July 1st, but if it isn’t, should have 250k sq ft of greenhouse space ready by Q2 2018, and 4x that by end of 2018. Could be the next Cronos.
Old 29 December 2017, 09:09 AM   #166
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Cronos has serious exposure to Europe and Israel. Hydro is a one-province play. You'll make $, no question though.

Have you looked seriously at EMH/VFF or FIRE?
Old 29 December 2017, 09:49 AM   #167
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I may have missed it. But any thoughts on Cannabis Wheaton?

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 02:16 PM   #168
nawarra
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5170P
Quote:
Regarding Quebec, I just bought 70,000 shares of Hydropothecary today, one of two licensed cultivators in Quebec. I may try to add another 50,000 tomorrow. Have a decent amountbof dry powder ready to deploy. The other licensed producer in Quebec is Canopy. Current market cap is only a third of Cronos but has similar sales and fully-funded production capacity plans. I suspect it could be acquired by July 1st, but if it isn’t, should have 250k sq ft of greenhouse space ready by Q2 2018, and 4x that by end of 2018. Could be the next Cronos.
I feel so dumb for not listening to your advice regarding cannabis stocks, which I read here a week ago. I am firm believer in cannabis industry just not experienced investor and afraid of penny/single digit stocks... Feel so stupid owning mostly tech in my portfolio... And I don't even have Netflix,
nawarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 02:56 PM   #169
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawarra View Post
I feel so stupid for not listening to your advice regarding cannabis stocks, which I read here a week ago. I am firm believer in cannabis industry just not experienced investor and afraid of penny/single digit stocks... Feel so stupid owning mostly tech in my portfolio... And I don't even have Netflix,
No worries, but that is why I originally recommended Canopy, Aphria, and Aurora, because they all have market caps of between $2-4.5 billion each...so definitely NOT penny stocks. Foreign-listed companies, such as those particular Canadian Stocks, trade over the counter in the U.S. That does not make them penny stocks, just foreign listed companies. There is a distinction.

I bought a decent amount of Hydropothecary shares this afternoon, and see that as a less mature, but highly explosive alternative. Another poster suggested Cronos, another good company that has risen sharply this week. Lots of ways to participate in the Cannabis industry, including the Horizons Medical Marijuana ETF...which also trades OTC in the U.S. Whatever you do, just invest an amount that you will be able to sleep with going up and down quickly day to day. There will be volatility in a fast growing space like Cannabis companies, but the prevailing trend is higher for a variety of secular reasons.

Good luck!
Old 29 December 2017, 05:53 PM   #170
nawarra
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5170P
Quote:
No worries, but that is why I originally recommended Canopy, Aphria, and Aurora, because they all have market caps of between $2-4.5 billion each...so definitely NOT penny stocks. Foreign-listed companies, such as those particular Canadian Stocks, trade over the counter in the U.S. That does not make them penny stocks, just foreign listed companies. There is a distinction.

I bought a decent amount of Hydropothecary shares this afternoon, and see that as a less mature, but highly explosive alternative. Another poster suggested Cronos, another good company that has risen sharply this week. Lots of ways to participate in the Cannabis industry, including the Horizons Medical Marijuana ETF...which also trades OTC in the U.S. Whatever you do, just invest an amount that you will be able to sleep with going up and down quickly day to day. There will be volatility in a fast growing space like Cannabis companies, but the prevailing trend is higher for a variety of secular reasons.

Good luck!
Thank you very much sir for quick and detailed response! I will look into buying cannabis stocks next year. I will pm you for additional information if you don't mind.
Happy New Year!
nawarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 08:44 PM   #171
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Wow. Just ran into a buddy of mine that lives here in Japan at an open mic night at a place I frequent. Canadian guy.

I kid you not. After customary greeting I say basically hey I invested in some cannabis companies in Canada. I’m expecting a perplexed look.?

He says “Canopy?”

Long story short he has put in all that he could afford and has set up a monthly investment. His brokerage says they have been putting people on hold from the demand.

Last thing he said was put in as much as you can afford and sit back and enjoy the ride next year.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 11:14 PM   #172
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy (126613LB)
I don't know man, that doesn't sound right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
His brokerage says they have been putting people on hold from the demand.
Old 30 December 2017, 12:47 AM   #173
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Im not sure I could invest in the demise of others.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2017, 12:50 AM   #174
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Wow. Just ran into a buddy of mine that lives here in Japan at an open mic night at a place I frequent. Canadian guy.

I kid you not. After customary greeting I say basically hey I invested in some cannabis companies in Canada. I’m expecting a perplexed look.?

He says “Canopy?”

Long story short he has put in all that he could afford and has set up a monthly investment. His brokerage says they have been putting people on hold from the demand.

Last thing he said was put in as much as you can afford and sit back and enjoy the ride next year.
Aphria is up another 5% this morning. Let’s just hope it keeps rolling as more people wake up to the growing global acceptance of legalized medical and recreational cannabis. I suspect we’re still only in the early innings of this fast paced game.
Old 30 December 2017, 12:52 AM   #175
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
My mother uses CBD oil to take her chronic pain from rheumatoid arthritis and hernia away. It can be a wonderful pain killer, without poisoning the body.
indeed, however yr brain gonna not functioning better than w/o

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2017, 12:57 AM   #176
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Im not sure I could invest in the demise of others.
Do you drink alcohol?
Old 30 December 2017, 12:58 AM   #177
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Do you drink alcohol?
No

Instagram - patton250
Old 30 December 2017, 01:01 AM   #178
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No
Better start drinking!
Old 30 December 2017, 01:07 AM   #179
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Better start drinking!
Lol. :-)

Nah.

Alcohol makes strong in men the things that should be weak.

Same can be said for any substance that causes impairment. IMHO

Instagram - patton250
Old 30 December 2017, 01:18 AM   #180
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lol. :-)

Nah.

Alcohol makes strong in men the things that should be weak.

Same can be said for any substance that causes impairment. IMHO
One has to look at the totality of potential benefits of cannabis. There seems to be over 100 therapeutic compunds in the plant that if researched properly coukd replace a lot of current prescription drugs on the market. I think this story will continue to evolve over the next 3-5 years. Because of that, there will be a lot of money to be made in the process. It’s not just about stoners getting high. That may happen too, but hopefully, with proper regulation and education, people will be more responsible than they are with alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, sugar/fat, watch collecting...