The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 26 January 2021, 10:59 PM   #61
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
I predict there will be no stainless steel replacement.
You know, it is possible. Quote from Thierry Stern from a Timezone interview back in 2017:

TZ: Let's talk about the production of your regular references. You are in a 7-8 year cycle, are you keeping to that cycle? Many were surprised that last year, for the 10th anniversary of the Nautilus, you did not renew the collection.

Thierry Stern: The 7-8 year cycle is not a rule, instead we try to get a sense of the market. And the evolution for the client is different. Now people like to buy watches all the time. Watches like the Nautilus are iconic watches, they like that. I am not sure whether, if I stop producing the Nautilus, people will like that. Sometimes I ask myself: Should I stop producing the Nautilus? Because if we made a lot of them, this will also be dangerous. Should we apply the rule of the 7 year cycle? No, we have to follow the trend of our time but also apply limits. The 7 year cycle is a good guide. We can always make something new. We can rethink the dial or the movement. We can't rethink the design. That's impossible - but we can do something similar. One day the Nautilus will be stopped, I will have to make that decision. It could be a disaster for our clients, but we would have made enough Nautilus and we will introduce something better.
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 01:13 AM   #62
321Forever
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
"Because if we made a lot of them, this will also be dangerous." -Thierry Stern

Oy yoy yoy. So many dangers...
321Forever is offline   Reply With Quote