The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 August 2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Nidal
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC LV
Speculations for Daytona future? Another Daytona thread

An iconic watch, lots of followers, a must have for serious watch collectors.

Yet small, and not due for update in Rolex eyes but in most Rolex brand fans. It's future is reflected in its all gold peers and new ceramic RG version.

Undoubtedly there is NO wait list unless you ask about it in a small FOS AD!

It became almost a victim of its own success, 12k for a legendary movement that you paid 6-7 k for only six years ago with no change but an updated bracelet(V series on I think).

This year the launch of the ridiculously priced platinum version and last years RG ceramic bezel on leather strap almost leaves no doubt in my mind(I've been mistaken many times in the past) that wenhavento wait a few more years before they imply the new. Changes to a TT model first before we see a "new" SS Daytona. Thoughts??

PS. Count on a 16k+ new SS Daytona when it happens. Please remember that the new SS YM is 18k with almost similar level of movement sophistication.
Nidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2013, 01:16 PM   #2
carnegie
"TRF" Member

I would guess that we will see a ceramic bezel Daytona next year, 2014 in steal. How do you make a ceramic bezel two tone? The two tome will stay the way it is. The platinum version was the collectable prototype of the steel version that we will see next year. My guess only.
carnegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Billywiz
Banned

Watch: YG President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidal View Post
An iconic watch, lots of followers, a must have for serious watch collectors.

Yet small, and not due for update in Rolex eyes but in most Rolex brand fans. It's future is reflected in its all gold peers and new ceramic RG version.

Undoubtedly there is NO wait list unless you ask about it in a small FOS AD!

It became almost a victim of its own success, 12k for a legendary movement that you paid 6-7 k for only six years ago with no change but an updated bracelet(V series on I think).

This year the launch of the ridiculously priced platinum version and last years RG ceramic bezel on leather strap almost leaves no doubt in my mind(I've been mistaken many times in the past) that wenhavento wait a few more years before they imply the new. Changes to a TT model first before we see a "new" SS Daytona. Thoughts??

PS. Count on a 16k+ new SS Daytona when it happens. Please remember that the new SS YM is 18k with almost similar level of movement sophistication.
It is not small its perfect in my opinion...some of us don't want our whole wrist dominated by the case...I think the new larger cases are too big. Your implication is the Daytona needs a redesign. I suggest it certainly does not. The fashion for larger watches is already over and some are now looking quite ridiculous. Regarding this recent Rolex design it will be interesting to see how history judges it.
Billywiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2013, 04:06 PM   #4
Daytona-Dan
Banned

Watch: 116528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billywiz View Post
It is not small its perfect in my opinion...some of us don't want our whole wrist dominated by the case...I think the new larger cases are too big. Your implication is the Daytona needs a redesign. I suggest it certainly does not. The fashion for larger watches is already over and some are now looking quite ridiculous. Regarding this recent Rolex design it will be interesting to see how history judges it.
100% with you John! The size is perfect and maintains its comfort, Rolex obviously agree or they would have supersized it for the new design.

As for ceramic SS next year? I doubt it, we still need a full gold (bracelet) and then the TT so you had better warm up your patience!

Personally, I hope to grab another gold before the upgrade because while I do like the upgrades, for a fill gold model, I would rather a gold bezel, but lets see what they come up with. I'm also not 100% happy with how they have attached it, it looked like there is a metal plate underneath, you can see it in some side view pics.
Daytona-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2013, 04:25 PM   #5
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnegie View Post
I would guess that we will see a ceramic bezel Daytona next year, 2014 in steal. How do you make a ceramic bezel two tone? The two tome will stay the way it is. The platinum version was the collectable prototype of the steel version that we will see next year. My guess only.
The same way they made one for the GMT?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote