The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 March 2018, 10:26 PM   #301
Mozzer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR & 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Do you think nine different versions of the GMT is a lot in the range maybe they’re going to Thin it out
Omega speedmaster professional
TAG Heuer Monaco
Old 27 March 2018, 10:49 PM   #302
maizerage25
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 116710BLNR
My local AD is at the show and just posted a picture of both the BLNR and the LN models from the show.
Old 27 March 2018, 11:07 PM   #303
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzer View Post
Do you think nine different versions of the GMT is a lot in the range maybe they’re going to Thin it out

No, not at all. Variety is the spice of life, plus, compared to DateJusts, the GMT line is very thin.
Old 27 March 2018, 11:18 PM   #304
Laglag
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maizerage25 View Post
My local AD is at the show and just posted a picture of both the BLNR and the LN models from the show.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 28 March 2018, 12:25 AM   #305
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
maybe... but what did they "announce" with the WG BLRO? It was discontinued but i didn't see an official announcement to the customers.
Well yes they sort of did, it's how Rolex always does it. They didn't announce it discontinuing but they introduced a new model and it no longer shows on the Rolex website. And they stated the transition to the blue dial as the black dial is no longer an option.
This was clarified Basel 2018. No more WG BLRO(black dial).
Old 28 March 2018, 02:18 AM   #306
hopkinswatch22
"TRF" Member

It does seem odd that both the BLNR and LN are missing from the price catalog as well as pulled from the AD sites. It makes sense that it would still display on Rolex site if they are phasing it out and still pushing the stock left.

I think its worth looking into the discontinuation history of other models and how they were handled. I have seen people saying both that Rolex makes announcements of discontinuations and also that announcements haven't been made and a watch will just disappear from the price list and catalog.

When the 116610LV was released and the 16610LV was discontinued was there a formal announcement the Kermit had been discontinued? I was reading other posts from the past in the forum from this timeframe and it seemed like there was no announcement. It looked as if the LVc was introduced and LV was phased out over the next few months. It continued to be sold in 2010, was still included in the catalog for a few months, then was removed from the pricelist and soon there after was gone. Although I can't confirm this, as this was before I was this far into the watch scene. Can anyone confirm? Does anyone have examples of the way other discontinuations have been handled by Rolex?
Old 28 March 2018, 02:37 AM   #307
Mozzer
"TRF" Member

As things stand I’m leaning towards it being phased out
It’s definitely not on local Rolex AD website and it’s not included in the new price guide
I have seen this with my own eyes
Yes it was on Display at Baselworld but until the remaining stock is gone it’s not officially discontinued. and imagine if everyone found out there will only be 1 ss gmt for a while the demand for the new release would go crazy

That’s what I think could be wrong time will tell
TAG Heuer Monaco
Old 28 March 2018, 02:55 AM   #308
Mozzer
"TRF" Member

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...LV#post1770405

Have a read of the link above sounds very familiar déjà vu
like what’s happening know ?
TAG Heuer Monaco
Old 28 March 2018, 03:57 AM   #309
Ruddiger
2024 Pledge Member

Howdy,

For what it's worth, I called my dealer and asked them directly. They called back and told me that according to their Rolex Rep (who they called) the BLNR and Hulk are both still available and can still be ordered.

Take care,

Ruddiger
Old 28 March 2018, 04:03 AM   #310
JacksonStone
Banned

When do ADs get the new catalogs?
Old 28 March 2018, 04:08 AM   #311
Mozzer
"TRF" Member

I was in ad today they said a few weeks at least but they had a new catalog
But put it away I was not able to view it
Maybe one of them went to basilworld
Or there not allowed to show it to customers yet
Very strange
TAG Heuer Monaco
Old 28 March 2018, 04:27 AM   #312
BLNR Nairobi
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them.
Tommie85 has put up pictures of the new catalogue in the thread linked below. There are NO pictures of the GMT II LN and BLNR. Something’s a foot.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=594691&page=3
Old 28 March 2018, 04:30 AM   #313
Mozzer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNR Nairobi View Post
Tommie85 has put up pictures of the new catalogue in the thread linked below. There are NO pictures of the GMT II LN and BLNR. Something’s a foot.

I think they are Discontinuing for sure
TAG Heuer Monaco
Old 28 March 2018, 04:35 AM   #314
RolexPD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNR Nairobi View Post

There are also no pictures of the SS Pepsi in the photos he posted either.
Old 28 March 2018, 04:36 AM   #315
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzer View Post
I think they are Discontinuing for sure
I don't see any other conclusion to reach. There may still be existing supply in the pipeline for dealers to sell; and there may be replacements coming, although who knows when, or in what form. But if these models aren't in the catalog, I think it is reasonable to conclude they are discontinued in their current form.
Old 28 March 2018, 04:39 AM   #316
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexPD View Post
For context, he was just posting pictures to answer a question I posed to him earlier, which was to confirm whether or not the green-dial YG GMT was shown. He says the pictures in the main section of the catalog match the price list (which he showed in its entirety), but because the black-dial and green-dial YGs share the same reference number, we couldn't tell by the price list alone what the status was of those models. He wasn't posting to show all of the GMTs.

Edit: looking again, the SS Pepsi is highlighted in the first of the three pictures he posted.
Old 28 March 2018, 05:58 AM   #317
Doood
"TRF" Member

Sort of off topic but let's say they do not discontinue the BLNR but re-release with the new movement. What do you fine folks think about a new version like a blue dial BLNR? What about a sunburst blue dial BLNR? I wonder what that would look like?

Don't get me wrong, I do not think either are a realistic possibility, but when I saw the WG BLRO with new blue dial, it had me fantasizing....... Ok back to reality.
Old 28 March 2018, 06:51 AM   #318
f458
Banned

Watch: DSSD 114060 sub bl
I would not buy it on a jubilee bracelet.
Old 28 March 2018, 07:30 AM   #319
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruddiger View Post
Howdy,

For what it's worth, I called my dealer and asked them directly. They called back and told me that according to their Rolex Rep (who they called) the BLNR and Hulk are both still available and can still be ordered.

Take care,

Ruddiger
To echo this I called my AD and they just put an order in for one today. Had not heard of it being discontinued which of course doesn't mean its not going to be discontinued, but as of today RUSA is still taking orders for the BLNR.
Old 28 March 2018, 07:47 AM   #320
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doood View Post
Sort of off topic but let's say they do not discontinue the BLNR but re-release with the new movement. What do you fine folks think about a new version like a blue dial BLNR? What about a sunburst blue dial BLNR? I wonder what that would look like?

Don't get me wrong, I do not think either are a realistic possibility, but when I saw the WG BLRO with new blue dial, it had me fantasizing....... Ok back to reality.

Sounds like too much blue IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 March 2018, 08:03 AM   #321
vinny84
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruddiger View Post
Howdy,

Take care,

Ruddiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
To echo this I called my AD and they just put an order in for one today. Had not heard of it being discontinued which of course doesn't mean its not going to be discontinued, but as of today RUSA is still taking orders for the BLNR.
It is possible that AD’s can still order them but meanwhile, behind closed doors, Rolex are shipping out the last of the batch.

Only time will tell
Old 28 March 2018, 08:04 AM   #322
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
It is possible that AD’s can still order them but meanwhile, behind closed doors, Rolex are shipping out the last of the batch.

Only time will tell
True
Old 28 March 2018, 08:11 AM   #323
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexPD View Post
There are.
Old 28 March 2018, 08:49 AM   #324
Mozzer
"TRF" Member

Pepsi is in new catalog not BLNR
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A270CF66-3F94-44C0-BE3A-19392867F80E.jpeg (63.2 KB, 473 views)
TAG Heuer Monaco
Old 28 March 2018, 09:10 AM   #325
Watch This
Banned

Watch: SS YMII
11 pages. 324 posts. No verifiable definitive answer. Awesome.
Old 28 March 2018, 09:15 AM   #326
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinswatch22 View Post
It does seem odd that both the BLNR and LN are missing from the price catalog as well as pulled from the AD sites. It makes sense that it would still display on Rolex site if they are phasing it out and still pushing the stock left.

I think its worth looking into the discontinuation history of other models and how they were handled. I have seen people saying both that Rolex makes announcements of discontinuations and also that announcements haven't been made and a watch will just disappear from the price list and catalog.

When the 116610LV was released and the 16610LV was discontinued was there a formal announcement the Kermit had been discontinued? I was reading other posts from the past in the forum from this timeframe and it seemed like there was no announcement. It looked as if the LVc was introduced and LV was phased out over the next few months. It continued to be sold in 2010, was still included in the catalog for a few months, then was removed from the pricelist and soon there after was gone. Although I can't confirm this, as this was before I was this far into the watch scene. Can anyone confirm? Does anyone have examples of the way other discontinuations have been handled by Rolex?
Rolex kept the 116520 on the website alongside the 116500 until remaining stock was sold in 2016.
Old 28 March 2018, 09:17 AM   #327
Glidelock
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
11 pages. 324 posts. No verifiable definitive answer. Awesome.
Old 28 March 2018, 09:30 AM   #328
hopkinswatch22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post

Only time will tell
This is the way I'm leaning as well, the 116710 BLNR and LN are being phased out. Now whether we get a 126710 BLNR or not is anyones guess. I tend to think with the new two tone bezel CHNR's being released the BLNR is done, they stick to having an all black option and we get a 126710 LN with a different color GMT hand. But hey at the end of the day all we can do is just sit back, enjoy the products and speculate, because no one really knows except Rolex.
Old 28 March 2018, 09:40 AM   #329
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinswatch22 View Post
This is the way I'm leaning as well, the 116710 BLNR and LN are being phased out. Now whether we get a 126710 BLNR or not is anyones guess. I tend to think with the new two tone bezel CHNR's being released the BLNR is done, they stick to having an all black option and we get a 126710 LN with a different color GMT hand. But hey at the end of the day all we can do is just sit back, enjoy the products and speculate, because no one really knows except Rolex.
I'm guessing this is how it plays out as well. The LN either gets (quietly) updated between now and next Basel (depending on how fast remaining reference supply is sold) or included in the new launches next year. My guess is they keep it on an Oyster bracelet since they know both the Pepsi bezel and jubilee bracelet is more polarizing to some customers. I don't think the same necessarily happens with the BLNR. It's had an amazing run and will surely be back in the future...but Rolex may think its time to make room for other/new models to step into the limelight.

I cannot imagine a situation where the standard LN does not get the movement/case update.
Old 28 March 2018, 09:42 AM   #330
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
I’m 5 digit man now, I don’t care
Closed Thread