The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 December 2020, 10:44 AM   #1
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Adjusting the Chronomat Rouleaux Bracelet

I am about to purchase my first Breitling in years. I previously owned a Navitimer that I reluctantly sold back in 2013. I fell out of love with the brand for awhile and have been really impressed recently with their new releases, refinement of their line, and reduction in sizes.

I should be getting the new Chronomat B01 42mm this Thursday. I am particularly attracted to the rouleaux bracelet. Can anyone please explain to me how this is adjusted in size since all of the videos and literature I have read suggest there are no screws, only pins? I am familiar with Rolex bracelets as well as Omega bracelets which use both pins and screws, but I am unclear what is holding the bracelet together on this model. The best video I could find detailed tubes and pins that are hammered in or out to remove links. What is holding the pins in place? Friction? Is this a job I can do at home? I have sized all of my bracelets in the past with jewelers screwdrivers. I also have a multi tool that might be helpful.

Thank you for any insight owners may have.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2020, 10:55 PM   #2
WatchFred
"TRF" Member

it would actually be good to have that bracelet professionally sized; pins are held by friction, but Breitling AD have special tools to remove the pins.
WatchFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 01:21 AM   #3
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchFred View Post
it would actually be good to have that bracelet professionally sized; pins are held by friction, but Breitling AD have special tools to remove the pins.
Thank you. That was what I was looking for. I saw some instructional videos on other brands that use pins in their bracelets and it seems that there is an asymmetry on the pin entering the bracelet in one specific side that is hammered in and creates that friction that holds it in place as you said.

It's probably something I could do with a watch hammer and pin pusher, but I agree, best to take it to an AD to adjust.
Old 30 December 2020, 10:57 PM   #4
WatchFred
"TRF" Member

yes, you probably could - I actually had a non-Breitling watchmaker adjust the bracelet for me and he succeeded easily w/ his regular tools, but he had a lot of experience that you probably don't, so better safe than sorry?

this is such a lovely (and comfortable) bracelet, it would be a shame to scratch it. Enjoy & wear it in health!
WatchFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2021, 02:56 AM   #5
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Update: Watch arrived. Had to perform several adjustments on the bracelet and move the half link over to the other side; but now that it is adjusted perfectly, it fits fantastic. The bracelet has a rattley vintage feel to it. Very comfortable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3F45A032-87F0-4226-9624-97C0F77B54E4.jpeg (108.5 KB, 132 views)