The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 January 2021, 02:36 PM   #1
Ambria13
"TRF" Member

Stolen Datejust 36 silver dial Roman w diamonds

Hi everyone,
Thanks for adding me to the forum. My husband and I were robbed and they took my Rolex, hoping posting the info on here might help get it back.

It’s a Rolex Datejust 36 model 126234 Silver face with Roman numerals and diamonds on the VI/IX jubilee bracelet

SN- 32E99189

Thank you so much. I’m just sick over this loss :(
Ambria13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2021, 02:49 PM   #2
Doood
"TRF" Member

My goodness, so sorry for your loss. Was this here in CA?
Doood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2021, 02:57 PM   #3
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Old 7 January 2021, 03:15 PM   #4
ibz_s_b
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear that and hope you and your husband are well.

Report it to the police and perhaps your local AD so it can be flagged up on Rolex's system as stolen if it ever came in for a service later down the line.
ibz_s_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2021, 03:18 PM   #5
Ambria13
"TRF" Member

Las Vegas
Old 7 January 2021, 03:19 PM   #6
Ambria13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_s_b View Post
Sorry to hear that and hope you and your husband are well.

Report it to the police and perhaps your local AD so it can be flagged up on Rolex's system as stolen if it ever came in for a service later down the line.
And yes we filed a police report as well as reported to Rolex. Just trying every avenue possible to get the word out
Old 7 January 2021, 03:57 PM   #7
Setarip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Sorry for your loss.

Based on your posts here it appears you’ve done everything necessary with police report, reporting to Rolex and getting word out.

Hopefully your homeowners policy will cover it or your self-insured.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Setarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2021, 07:27 PM   #8
Dini
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060/126710BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambria13 View Post
Las Vegas
Sorry that had to happen to you. It happened to me with my 116710BLNR in July 2019 also in Vegas. The main thing is that you and your husband are ok, a watch at the end of the day is just a watch.
Dini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2021, 02:14 AM   #9
77T
2024 Pledge Member

I can understand your hurt over this.

After a burglary at home, I was able to recover one of the 4 Rolexes that were stolen.

If the watch has significant personal connection, you can try some extra effort...My advice is to actively engage two groups within LVMPD, and escalate if you’re not successful in finding the investigator assigned to your case.

First, try to get the investigator to pull security video of the site where this happened. In my case, we used homeowner video’s to nail down the car type. But if this happened in a public place, surveillance video may have caught the incident and then can be used to track perps to a car. I was also able to get mine to engage LPR’s on Sheriff’s patrol cars once we had a plate number. It led to apprehension in my case - yours will be different - but if you can make the personal connection - have a face-to-face meeting with the investigator - you will have a face with a case. All LEO’s will want to help but having someone who wants to help in an extra way won’t hurt.

Next, the pawn squad...many watches are pawned/sold in LV each day. It isn’t the first place the thief will go, but as the watch changes hands locally, eventually someone may hit one of them. (My Platona traded for $8K and a bag of drugs in its first transfer).

I did some stupid things to get their attention here (when at first they wouldn’t engage). The Sergeant called me to stop bugging pawn shops after they complained about me. At that point, I could then get him to make some calls to the high-end brokers and get the photo’s and serial numbers into their system within 24 hours.

I admit I went nuclear option in the first 24 hours, and was surely a pain in the rump (albeit politely) - but we recovered a Rolex + $50K out of the $250K that was burgled. Both burglars were convicted and off the street for several years.

So there is hope - all of the above is only offered in that spirit of hope. My experience may not translate into success in LV but had I sat back, I would always wonder “what if”...

I hope you can get these perps caught and recover your watch and other valuables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2021, 04:35 AM   #10
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
Sucks. Hope you're both ok. Advertise this in as many forums as you can.
swaini3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2021, 05:11 AM   #11
Ambria13
"TRF" Member

Thank you. Any suggestions on where else to post?
Old 8 January 2021, 05:12 AM   #12
Ambria13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaini3 View Post
Sucks. Hope you're both ok. Advertise this in as many forums as you can.
Thank you any suggestions on where else to post?
Old 8 January 2021, 06:01 AM   #13
Ambria13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I can understand your hurt over this.

After a burglary at home, I was able to recover one of the 4 Rolexes that were stolen.

If the watch has significant personal connection, you can try some extra effort...My advice is to actively engage two groups within LVMPD, and escalate if you’re not successful in finding the investigator assigned to your case.

First, try to get the investigator to pull security video of the site where this happened. In my case, we used homeowner video’s to nail down the car type. But if this happened in a public place, surveillance video may have caught the incident and then can be used to track perps to a car. I was also able to get mine to engage LPR’s on Sheriff’s patrol cars once we had a plate number. It led to apprehension in my case - yours will be different - but if you can make the personal connection - have a face-to-face meeting with the investigator - you will have a face with a case. All LEO’s will want to help but having someone who wants to help in an extra way won’t hurt.

Next, the pawn squad...many watches are pawned/sold in LV each day. It isn’t the first place the thief will go, but as the watch changes hands locally, eventually someone may hit one of them. (My Platona traded for $8K and a bag of drugs in its first transfer).

I did some stupid things to get their attention here (when at first they wouldn’t engage). The Sergeant called me to stop bugging pawn shops after they complained about me. At that point, I could then get him to make some calls to the high-end brokers and get the photo’s and serial numbers into their system within 24 hours.

I admit I went nuclear option in the first 24 hours, and was surely a pain in the rump (albeit politely) - but we recovered a Rolex + $50K out of the $250K that was burgled. Both burglars were convicted and off the street for several years.

So there is hope - all of the above is only offered in that spirit of hope. My experience may not translate into success in LV but had I sat back, I would always wonder “what if”...

I hope you can get these perps caught and recover your watch and other valuables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you. The detective is being as helpful as he can be and staying in touch with us but I’m not sure the hotel is doing the same unfortunately. Just praying I get some luck and it gets flagged somewhere. Even more devastating is the loss of my wedding ring of 15 years. Some people are really terrible human beings