The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 23 January 2021, 12:16 PM   #1
HTXdev14
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue DJ41
15500ST - Silver Dial

Hey everyone! I’m looking to purchase my first AP! I’d love to have a blue face but... we all know how that goes. I really like the silver dial and wanted to see about how hard it is for an AP newbie to obtain? Is this another, “good luck and go grey” scenarios?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Air-King (New Model) ; DJ41-White (Roman/Fluted/Oyster) ; DJ41-Azzurro Blue (Roman/Fluted/Jubilee) ; GMT-Master II BLRO “Pepsi” - Oyster/Jubilee ; GMT-Master II CHNR “Root Beer” (TT) ; DJ41-Blue (Stick/Fluted/Oyster)
HTXdev14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 12:19 PM   #2
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Apple Watch
I was able to purchase one without any history from the AP Boutique. I would suggest you go there first and express interest. If the stars align and they have one available then you are in luck! If nothing else then go gray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 12:22 PM   #3
HTXdev14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoque View Post
I was able to purchase one without any history from the AP Boutique. I would suggest you go there first and express interest. If the stars align and they have one available then you are in luck! If nothing else then go gray.

Thank you! That’s good to hear that there is a small chance! The closest boutique for me is in Dallas (about 3 hour drive). Think there is any luck over the phone?
Air-King (New Model) ; DJ41-White (Roman/Fluted/Oyster) ; DJ41-Azzurro Blue (Roman/Fluted/Jubilee) ; GMT-Master II BLRO “Pepsi” - Oyster/Jubilee ; GMT-Master II CHNR “Root Beer” (TT) ; DJ41-Blue (Stick/Fluted/Oyster)
Old 23 January 2021, 12:25 PM   #4
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTXdev14 View Post
Thank you! That’s good to hear that there is a small chance! The closest boutique for me is in Dallas (about 3 hour drive). Think there is any luck over the phone?

Personally, I wouldn’t go over the phone but instead go there.

I was there the other day and was told there would be a shipment next week but who knows what that means.

Old 23 January 2021, 12:27 PM   #5
HTXdev14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn’t go over the phone but instead go there.

I was there the other day and was told there would be a shipment next week but who knows what that means.

Well, looks like I’ll take a road trip to Dallas haha! Other than that, how do you like yours?
Old 23 January 2021, 12:30 PM   #6
JodyHighroller
Banned

I leave near the Dallas boutique. It’ll have a greater impact if you visit in person, if possible.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 12:32 PM   #7
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Well, looks like I’ll take a road trip to Dallas haha! Other than that, how do you like yours?

Oh I love it! I have it on a rubber strap like below for a more stealthy look! I would say a good alternative for an Patek Aquanaut.

Old 23 January 2021, 12:34 PM   #8
HTXdev14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
I leave near the Dallas boutique. It’ll have a greater impact if you visit in person, if possible.
Yeah, that’s kinda what I was afraid of. I always like to go in person. Just wish there was a boutique in Houston.

Think there is no chance if I’m not there in person?
Old 23 January 2021, 12:35 PM   #9
le_baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was able to purchase one without any history from the AP Boutique. I would suggest you go there first and express interest.
Same here. I went into the boutique at the end of July 2020; introduced myself; shared that I was a "watch enthusiast" (spoke about my interest in watches, membership on watch fora, my current collection, and long-standing interest in a silver dialed Royal Oak); and confirmed that I was not a flipper. I also emailed my SA twice over the next four months to check in and reaffirm my interest. I got the call to pick up my new silver 15500 in December, just over fourth months after I first went into the store.
Old 23 January 2021, 12:35 PM   #10
HTXdev14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh I love it! I have it on a rubber strap like below for a more stealthy look! I would say a good alternative for an Patek Aquanaut.

Looks stunning! I’ve never seen one on a rubber band. Sits well on your wrist?
Old 23 January 2021, 12:39 PM   #11
HTXdev14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_baron View Post
Same here. I went into the boutique at the end of July 2020; introduced myself; shared that I was a "watch enthusiast" (spoke about my interest in watches, membership on watch fora, my current collection, and long-standing interest in a silver dialed Royal Oak); and confirmed that I was not a flipper. I also emailed my SA twice over the next four months to check in and reaffirm my interest. I got the call to pick up my new silver 15500 in December, just over fourth months after I first went into the store.
Oh wow! It’s nice to hear that SA’s are not wanting to sell to flippers. Seems like Rolex SA’s don’t care. Just sucks that I have to drive a few hours to make an introduction! How do you like your silver dial?
Old 23 January 2021, 12:40 PM   #12
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Looks stunning! I’ve never seen one on a rubber band. Sits well on your wrist?

Yes it does. Currently at the 2nd from the shortest end of the AP rubber strap. I’m a 16cm flat wrist size, on the smaller end but fit’s great nonetheless. For stainless I have a 1.5 link which does the job there as well.

It’s a bit of a drive for you and it would be disappointing if you don’t get the watch so go in with the expectation of not getting it for feelings sake.

Old 23 January 2021, 01:35 PM   #13
le_baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just sucks that I have to drive a few hours to make an introduction! How do you like your silver dial?
I think going in person conveys that you're serious and local enough to distinguish yourself from the no-doubt myriad phone calls they get. You should also find a tactful way to point out that you drove hours to get there.

I like my silver dial a lot. Before I saw it in person, I thought the Royal Oak's dial would be more of a white (like my Lange 1 and my Panoreserve) than a metallic silver. But FYI it is definitely more of a shimmering, metallic silver. I think the dial is more "loud" than a white dial; but that matches the loud bracelet so it's fine with me
Old 23 January 2021, 01:44 PM   #14
HTXdev14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes it does. Currently at the 2nd from the shortest end of the AP rubber strap. I’m a 16cm flat wrist size, on the smaller end but fit’s great nonetheless. For stainless I have a 1.5 link which does the job there as well.

It’s a bit of a drive for you and it would be disappointing if you don’t get the watch so go in with the expectation of not getting it for feelings sake.

Awesome! A friend of mine has the previous model that he let me try on. One of the most comfortable watches I’ve worn for sure.

Hey, even if it means not getting one then and there but possibly being remembered later on, the drive is worth it.
Old 23 January 2021, 01:51 PM   #15
HTXdev14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_baron View Post
I think going in person conveys that you're serious and local enough to distinguish yourself from the no-doubt myriad phone calls they get. You should also find a tactful way to point out that you drove hours to get there.

I like my silver dial a lot. Before I saw it in person, I thought the Royal Oak's dial would be more of a white (like my Lange 1 and my Panoreserve) than a metallic silver. But FYI it is definitely more of a shimmering, metallic silver. I think the dial is more "loud" than a white dial; but that matches the loud bracelet so it's fine with me
That’s a really good point. I’ll definitely have to bring that up in some way shape or form.

Hmm.. would you consider it too loud for the office?
Old 23 January 2021, 02:03 PM   #16
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
15500ST - Silver Dial

It all depends how long your willing to wait. But calling by phone and asking is zero chance.

Go in for a long chat and show your interest, lucky would be 6-12 month wait, most are over 12 months for any 15500st

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 02:11 PM   #17
HTXdev14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
It all depends how long your willing to wait. But calling by phone and asking is zero chance.

Go in for a long chat and show your interest, lucky would be 6-12 month wait, most are over 12 months for any 15500st

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don’t mind the wait at all. Just want to be lucky enough to have one that wasn’t at a grey price! Haha

Seems like everyone is in agreement that I’ll have to meet in person. Thanks!
Old 23 January 2021, 02:42 PM   #18
AG_Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 26331ST/116710BLNR
Quote:
I have worked with the Dallas boutique. I am in Fort Worth, and the Dallas boutique said they wouldnt allocate me any 15500 for atleast 24 months due to the heavy local demand from existing clients. I built a relationship over the phone with Bal Harbor with much more generous time frames (sub 12 months) and they were very helpful compared to the dallas boutique trying to push every ROO they could get into my text messages.

I ended up getting a 26331ST panda from Bal Harbor and am still waiting for 15500.
AG_Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 03:31 PM   #19
le_baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
would you consider it too loud for the office?
I think that depends on the office and your seniority. If I were a junior analyst at an investment bank, whom I hear are image-conscious and desperately want to avoid standing out, I probably wouldn't wear it. But I am a midlevel associate at a corporate law firm. So I would wear it to work given that (1) I've been around long enough to have a reputation that would not be affected by my watch and (2) almost nobody in my office would even know the 15500 from a timex.
Old 23 January 2021, 06:48 PM   #20
Bosstime
Banned

I would suggest you go there first and declare interest. If your lucky and they have exactly what you want then you shoot for the moon. If nothing else then go gray
Bosstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 11:33 PM   #21
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’ve always been curious how the watch would look on blue rubber. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!

To OP, I’d still go NYC on this hunt over Dallas. I personally don’t think MG management would let a 15500 go to a first time customer unless referred in by VIP. I could be wrong, but that is my feeling after dealing with MG in NY.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 12:05 AM   #22
lhawli
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Where did you get the rubber? I would like a black one for my 15400 black dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rolex GMT Master II [116710BLNR]
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona [116500LN]
lhawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 04:55 AM   #23
Horsin’ Around
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
I’ve always been curious how the watch would look on blue rubber. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!

To OP, I’d still go NYC on this hunt over Dallas. I personally don’t think MG management would let a 15500 go to a first time customer unless referred in by VIP. I could be wrong, but that is my feeling after dealing with MG in NY.

How do you know if you are a VIP with MG?

They sent me a nice bottle of wine for Christmas.

Where do you think that puts me on their priority list?

Horsin’ Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 09:15 AM   #24
LA-RealEstateAgent
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk And Gold Sub
Quote:

Is there a specific way of going about asking? In LA any of the boutiques tell you no chance, and suggest you call out of state. I've spoken to AD's in Nevada, Arizona, Texas and Illinois and they say they have extensive wait lists.
LA-RealEstateAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 03:43 PM   #25
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsin’ Around View Post
How do you know if you are a VIP with MG?

They sent me a nice bottle of wine for Christmas.

Where do you think that puts me on their priority list?

Pretty high IMO.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 09:04 PM   #26
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG_Watches View Post
I have worked with the Dallas boutique. I am in Fort Worth, and the Dallas boutique said they wouldnt allocate me any 15500 for atleast 24 months due to the heavy local demand from existing clients. I built a relationship over the phone with Bal Harbor with much more generous time frames (sub 12 months) and they were very helpful compared to the dallas boutique trying to push every ROO they could get into my text messages.

I ended up getting a 26331ST panda from Bal Harbor and am still waiting for 15500.
Did you have to go to Bal Harbor boutique in person or just by the phone?
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
, Seiko: SRPA21,
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 12:28 AM   #27
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
In the same boat as you. I recently decided I want a 15500. Two colleagues of mine have purchase history with the NYC boutique. They made the call and put me in contact with their SA. I went a few Saturdays ago and met with him in person.

They didn't have anything except the Code in stock - no marketing pieces etc.

Good to put a face to a name though - I expressed my interest and dial color preferences. No time frame etc was given - so not sure if I'm months, years, or never ever going to hear but we will see. We talked watches - pieces in my collection - how I acquired them etc.

Worthwhile - fingers crossed.
Old 27 January 2021, 01:00 AM   #28
AG_Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 26331ST/116710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
Did you have to go to Bal Harbor boutique in person or just by the phone?
I worked with Bal Harbor purely over the phone. Shot my SA a monthly text to check-in and wish him well so my name was always top of mind.
AG_Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 11:53 AM   #29
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG_Watches View Post
I worked with Bal Harbor purely over the phone. Shot my SA a monthly text to check-in and wish him well so my name was always top of mind.
Thanks!
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
, Seiko: SRPA21,
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote