The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 December 2013, 01:38 PM   #91
Miamipawnsab
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lv,gmtc,ym,dayton
From personal experience I returned a sea dweller that was missing a spec of paint on the dial I'm talking minimal . It was stupid but who the hell told me to put a loop on . Nothing is perfect as long as it's minimal it's ok and if it's brand new and you can exchange it do it . But after a couple or weeks you will bang it up on a door or against something and then you will have a new thing to look at
Miamipawnsab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2013, 08:50 PM   #92
RyanJames
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTiic
I had an almost identical dark patch on the lume of my GMTc and it drove me crazy for a while but I think there has to be small flaw on all mass produced items and sometimes it's the bezel being slightly off or the etching on your rehaut not lining up with the markers...

I gave up caring in the end :)
RyanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2013, 09:50 PM   #93
DreambreaX
Banned

replace
DreambreaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 12:08 AM   #94
kmleffler
"TRF" Member

Watch: GS SD GMT
What matters is that it bothers you. It would bother me as well. I would try to get it replaced, but that might not be possible if the dealer filled out the warranty card with your name and the date. I feel that when you pay that much money for a watch it should be in perfect shape.
kmleffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 05:13 AM   #95
siuhen
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT- BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmleffler View Post
What matters is that it bothers you. It would bother me as well. I would try to get it replaced, but that might not be possible if the dealer filled out the warranty card with your name and the date. I feel that when you pay that much money for a watch it should be in perfect shape.
We are on the same page. I didn't want to return it for a full refund( within 7 days) cuz I love this watch. It's beautiful
siuhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 05:32 AM   #96
Eradicator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism View Post
Yeah, maybe it is annoying but look at the big picture (if there is one to look at). In my case, the rehaut crown is misaligned to the 12 o'clock marker on the dial which is annoying when I think of it, but I have never come across such a precise mechanical watch in my life: -/+ 0.5 sec per day depending on what side it rests on at night.
On mine, the rehaut looks a hair to the left ...and I mean a hair. Is that the way yours looks or is it more obvious?

Anyway, mine is also deadly accurate. I'm not fussed by it. I didn't even realize it until I read your post.
Eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 06:09 AM   #97
DiamondJack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few
Ultimately, you are the customer and if you're not 100% happy, Rolex will deal with it for you. It only matters what you think and I'd be amazed if they didn't repair it if not replace it for you. But the sooner you contact them the better......
DiamondJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 10:40 AM   #98
kdvu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siuhen View Post
Hi, everyone. Today I just picked up my first rolex. I spotted that there is a tiny tiny bubble located on the upside down triangle. It bugs me quit a bit. Is it normal? What can I do?
Thanks in advance

Congrads on yours new watch, very nice .
My first 2 rolex that I purchased , I looked at the watches really closed under the loop, but after the 3rd and 4th . I stopped looking at it really closed.
if its bugged you than I would get an exchange.
kdvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 04:54 PM   #99
Prism
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradicator View Post
On mine, the rehaut looks a hair to the left ...and I mean a hair. Is that the way yours looks or is it more obvious?

Anyway, mine is also deadly accurate. I'm not fussed by it. I didn't even realize it until I read your post.
I guess mine is a bit more obvious like the dial marker is pointing to the left edge of the bottom ellipse part of the crown logo on the rehaut.
Prism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 05:12 PM   #100
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdvu View Post
Congrads on yours new watch, very nice .
My first 2 rolex that I purchased , I looked at the watches really closed under the loop, but after the 3rd and 4th . I stopped looking at it really closed.
if its bugged you than I would get an exchange.
Today a loupe can be a new Rolex watch owners worst enemy,and with today's obsession and with alignment points that's if there is supposed to be alignment point on watches.First it was the hologram stickers then the Rolex crown must point upward on the winding crown now its inspecting every detail with high power magnifaction, gone are the days of just buying and wearing the watch. But the OP problem has been resolved it was a tiny bit of dust, yes it should not happen but it does in most every product that's produced in volume doubt if they can loupe check every single watch.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 05:21 PM   #101
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Glad they got it sorted out for you and the pen is a nice bonus.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 05:48 PM   #102
serdal22
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610-1680-16710
I aqm very happy that they fixed it for you. I would have asked them to replace the entire watch, and they replaced the dial which is good. But they scratched the bracfelet this time . . . ! I am very sensitive while wearing my watches regardless their ages and brands and models. And I expect a perfect timepiece when I but a new one, regardless the price range.

I thought Rolex quality check was perfect.

Wear it in the best of health . . .

Capt. Serdal
Casio: F-91W; MKII: LRRP UTC 48; Seafighter; Paradive; Seiko: SKX007J; 7548 -700B; 6117 - 8000 Navigator GMT; SBCM023 Prospex Perpetual x 2; CYGHAL: Alarm; Shanghai: Mechanical F.S.; Marathon: MSar 500 Pc. Ltd.; ROLEX: GMT II Pepsi; Sub 16610 T; GMT II Coke K; Sub 1680 ca.1969; PAM: PR.
serdal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 05:51 PM   #103
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
your triangle lume is uneven.

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2013, 07:37 AM   #104
siuhen
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT- BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdal22 View Post
I aqm very happy that they fixed it for you. I would have asked them to replace the entire watch, and they replaced the dial which is good. But they scratched the bracfelet this time . . . ! I am very sensitive while wearing my watches regardless their ages and brands and models. And I expect a perfect timepiece when I but a new one, regardless the price range.

I thought Rolex quality check was perfect.

Wear it in the best of health . . .

Capt. Serdal

siuhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2013, 07:42 AM   #105
Rto
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ-AP-PP-Rolex
That imperfection would not bug me till I notice…So well done! Congrats! It is a superb piece.

"Hunting is part of the joy of collecting"
Rto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2014, 11:25 AM   #106
matbaj
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 & 5167
they even managed to make scratches on the bracelet? you paid almost 10k! and the only person who is entitled to make scratches is you. i wouldn't accept a watch scratched or damaged by ad/service center and after getting a full refund i'd make them eat that pen.
matbaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2014, 01:41 PM   #107
datejusting
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Think I also see a small flaw at the bottom of the 56 min marker.
datejusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2014, 01:52 PM   #108
SteveFromNY
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
couldn't see it in the pics, but I'm glad they fixed it and gave you a $500 pen!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Authenti...item3ccdd164ce
SteveFromNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2014, 01:54 PM   #109
Tankbottoms
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610ln
I would change it!

I bought a brand new 116610ln and at about the year mark the AD had it sent to rolex for regulation. When it came back there were scratches in the case that I didn't put there. I tried to let it go, but couldn't. The AD had her guy re polish the whole watch for free and I felt much better. I don't mind a scratch or mark that I put on there cause that adds character, but I don't want character from someone else. These are expensive watches and I had to sacrifice for this one. With that said, I never wanted to regret the purchase and if that bubble makes you upset, change it!!!! You're the one that has to look at it everyday!
Tankbottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2014, 12:08 PM   #110
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
No product made by a human is perfect.

Unless you look at your watch at that magnification, I cannot even see it in the normal shot
Quite correct.
Still it's his first roller so maybe he's justified in asking for a new dial.

As others have said.
It's a mass produced man made item, and is susceptible to flaws just like all of us.
Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2014, 12:11 PM   #111
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by matbaj View Post
they even managed to make scratches on the bracelet? you paid almost 10k! and the only person who is entitled to make scratches is you. i wouldn't accept a watch scratched or damaged by ad/service center and after getting a full refund i'd make them eat that pen.
That's how it goes.
Sometimes it doesn't pay to ask for more in life.

Oh well, the scratches will come out at it's first Rolex service in 8 years time.
Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2014, 12:32 PM   #112
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
I'm actually not that critical about anything, but I do want things that are delivered new to be as nearly perfect as possible.

I'm happy to see that your watch was fixed, however, if you don't know it now, you will in a very short time realize that anything made of metal that you wear on your wrist is going to collect scratches, scrapes and dings galore.

When I delivered furniture for a living, I delivered a stereo cabinet to an Asian family. When we got it into the living room, the head of the household plugged in a 300W drop light and went over every inch of that cabinet with that light and a large magnifying glass, so you're certainly not alone nor even an extreme example of perfectionism.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2014, 12:42 PM   #113
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Congrats ya i wouldnt want any of my friends to stop and notice my bubble.
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2014, 06:13 PM   #114
Kadhytia
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX, AP, and PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachrolexryan View Post
i know it may bother you but think of it like this...say you were at a gtg and someone else had the same exact watch as you. After everyone passed around their watches a couple of times and after a few drinks, how can you tell which one is yours?
Exactly! That's your watch and there's only one exactly like it....enjoy!
x2
Kadhytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2014, 05:58 PM   #115
ROLEX NO LESS
"TRF" Member

If Rolex deemed this as a defect would they just change the faulty lume marker or replace with a new dial?
ROLEX NO LESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2014, 06:11 PM   #116
robisan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLEX NO LESS View Post
If Rolex deemed this as a defect would they just change the faulty lume marker or replace with a new dial?
They will replace it with a new dial, that's what I know.
robisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2014, 10:42 PM   #117
kmleffler
"TRF" Member

Watch: GS SD GMT
Another QC issue with a brand new Rolex. I can't understand why some forum members can say you should live with a flaw on the dial of a brand new watch that costs more than $8,000.
kmleffler is offline   Reply With Quote