The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 17 March 2017, 03:38 PM   #61
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
this doesn't happen with the LetGo app.
Old 17 March 2017, 03:39 PM   #62
deepakc
"TRF" Member

Also, I just checked our correspondence- I never said I didn't want tracking! I asked the question "would you ship to Australia?" To which you replied "yes. Shipping is $24 flat rate to Australia via USPS". That's the extent to which we discussed shipping although I do note the cost of shipping was actually $13.
Old 17 March 2017, 03:45 PM   #63
Classique Breguet
2024 Pledge Member

The shipping was cheaper because of the lighter weight of only 2 hands
Old 17 March 2017, 03:46 PM   #64
Classique Breguet
2024 Pledge Member

Totally kidding.

Your statement shipping ended up costing $13 is correct. When I got to the post office they told me to send it in the smaller packet that would arrive just as fast and was cheaper, and since there is no tracking once it leaves USA, no loss of service.

Have you checked the package again??
Old 17 March 2017, 03:48 PM   #65
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
How did the buyer scam the seller here? Did he opened paypal dispute? Did he post on TRF to flag the seller? How is the buyer scammer?

- Sent from Tapatalk
Old 17 March 2017, 03:51 PM   #66
Classique Breguet
2024 Pledge Member

The buyer is not a scammer. I jumped to the conclusion that him telling me there was a hand missing in the package as him claiming I shipped him 2 when I promised 3, which would then lead to a claim of some sort of resolution regardless of how payment was made.
Old 17 March 2017, 04:02 PM   #67
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
^ Lol. Still attitude? You created a post as if the buyer has looted you thousands of dollars by calling him scammer, posting his real name and address and then acting smart with everyone in the forum. I don't think anyone in right mind does that for $100 stuff especially on TRF.

Anyways, it's very clear who came out right in this thread and its certainly not you! Good luck!

- Sent from Tapatalk
Old 17 March 2017, 04:14 PM   #68
Canook
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many to list
In all honesty i think this thread has run its course and no good will come of any further public comments.... the OP and the buyer should prob discuss the rest in private before "someone say something" that shouldnt be said......

2 grown men should be able to resolve this without slinging mud in public and as it sits the buyer has been forthcoming and courteous and i dont think fits the bill as a "scammer"
hence the thread should be locked and if anything new eventuates then the mods can see fit to reopen it
thats my 2 cents
-16610LV KERMIT
-116600 SD4000....16612 Yachtmaster- 16710 PEPSI
-216570(polar)
-
-Yachtmaster II 116688 126300 Datejust 41 jubilee

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
Old 17 March 2017, 04:21 PM   #69
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakc View Post
Also, I just checked our correspondence- I never said I didn't want tracking! I asked the question "would you ship to Australia?" To which you replied "yes. Shipping is $24 flat rate to Australia via USPS". That's the extent to which we discussed shipping although I do note the cost of shipping was actually $13.
Pure greed.
Old 17 March 2017, 05:32 PM   #70
johnjm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classique Breguet View Post
Totally kidding.

Your statement shipping ended up costing $13 is correct. When I got to the post office they told me to send it in the smaller packet that would arrive just as fast and was cheaper, and since there is no tracking once it leaves USA, no loss of service.

Have you checked the package again??

Real millionaires don't skimp for $11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 March 2017, 08:33 PM   #71
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classique Breguet View Post
I have already had other members PM me (which will stay private unless they intend otherwise) who have had other "strange" contacts with this individual.

Seems I'm not the only one.

This is what makes this community great.
I wonder how many "other members" are?
Old 17 March 2017, 11:22 PM   #72
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canook View Post
In all honesty i think this thread has run its course and no good will come of any further public comments.... the OP and the buyer should prob discuss the rest in private before "someone say something" that shouldnt be said......

2 grown men should be able to resolve this without slinging mud in public and as it sits the buyer has been forthcoming and courteous and i dont think fits the bill as a "scammer"
hence the thread should be locked and if anything new eventuates then the mods can see fit to reopen it
thats my 2 cents
Too late, this should have been done from the beginning.... There are a few lessons to be learned from this thread.
Old 17 March 2017, 11:31 PM   #73
blue16613
Banned

Agree. I don't see where this is fundementally any different from the controversial "he said/she said" thread that was deleted last week.

Or, is it????
Old 17 March 2017, 11:31 PM   #74
Sierrarls
"TRF" Member

A story that has always stuck with me.

A Jewish folktale, set in nineteenth-century Eastern Europe, tells of a man who went through a small community slandering the rabbi. One day, feeling suddenly remorseful, he begged the rabbi for forgiveness and offered to undergo any form of penance to make amends. The rabbi told him to take a feather pillow from his home, cut it open, scatter the feathers to the wind. The man did as he was told and returned to the rabbi. He asked, “Am I now forgiven?”

“Almost,” came the response. “You just have to perform one last task: Go and gather all the feathers.”

“But that’s impossible,” the man protested, “for the wind has already scattered them.”

“Precisely,” the rabbi answered.
Closed Thread