The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 15 March 2017, 12:09 PM   #1
Cdyoung2
"TRF" Member

Watch out: timeex1 aka Robert Alton

Hi folks.

Long time reader and watch enthusiast but never signed up to post. Nevertheless, I felt compelled to sign up and warn you all about a person from whom I considered buying a watch.

Beware of:
timeex1

Email account:
timeex1@yahoo.com

Name:
Robert Alton or
Robert Alton Barton, Jr.

Wire account to a Bank of America in Chicago, IL

timeex1 also has another wire account offered for funds transfer:
Wells Fargo
Nnocorp Inc
www.nnocorp.com

Scenario:
timeex1 has a Pepsi-16710 with lug holes and SEL listed for sale at $6535 with box and papers. The post also mentioned that the watch was serviced in 2015. (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=526203).

The post initially got me excited but when taking a step back, I realized that firstly, $6535 is ridiculously low for a recently service 16710 and that all the pictures had the 10:10 time with day 28.

Furthermore, when I emailed, timeex1 said that he was open for a fast sale and agreed with a price of $6200. I also noticed that timeex1 did not put a "hold pending funds" on the listing once we agreed on price.

A couple of emails later, timeex1 directed me to a Bank of America account. Another follow up email from him right after directed me to the Wells Fargo account linked to Nnocorp Inc. for funds transfer.

Doing a google search, Nnocorp has a dummy website with prefabricated Wordpress template with no content - (luckily I do this stuff to recognize it).

A simple follow up email from me asking timeex1 to just send me a picture with the watch, Rolex papers AND TODAY's date to verify that he has the watch before sending funds did not happen. I now see that the listing is "bumped" today without responding to me.

Looking now more into timeex1 post history, all the posts from the account came in this month alone. Furthermore, his posts did not contain any real substance.

Now, if I receive a picture with the watch and current date together to verify possession, then I would be more than willing to apologize and take this post down if possible. It hasn't happened though.

Be careful. Happy to send screen shots of our emails to anyone concerned.

I recall reading a signature line from a forum member that basically says if you buy expensive once you cry once, but if you buy cheap, you cry all the time - poor paraphrase.

For me - Lesson learned to buy from trusted dealers and err on more expensive and real than run the risk of fake.
Cdyoung2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 04:26 PM   #2
Bobble_wobble
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV, 16710LV
Thanks for the heads up, Cd. I sent him a PM with a basic inquiry regarding the same watch in question and got back a reply. Didn't pursue it anymore after that. It appears he's been banned, so thanks to the mods for doing mod stuff.
Bobble_wobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2017, 04:12 AM   #3
dcrc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610/16570/16710
Thank you cdyoung2. Good investigating.

I also contacted timeex1, aka Robert Alton, about the watch at timeex1@yahoo.com. Robert Alton said that he would "hold the watch" for me also and similarly, I was concerned that there was no hold status change on the listing.

I subsequently asked for references and got a couple after a day or two. I emailed one person and only heard back after 2 days.

It turns out that the "stress free transaction and honest seller, deal with confidence" email was sent during the period when timeex1 was warned about his posting/on probation. As such, I am including a list of possible fraudulent emails.

I guess we should be also on the look out for these emails too:

timeex1 - Robert Alton's email to me:
---
"here are some of my references buddy

john may
rexon513@gmail.com0
traded 116710 for 116610 (march 2017

Willie choi
lanz.f5@gmail.com
Sold Rolex vintage sub 5513 (may 2016)

Mark Robert
ghnmtwin@gmail.com
Sold Rolex 116710 BLNR in November 2016

Blaze01
Timeonline43@yahoo.com
Sold citizen to him in feb 2017

They all can attest to successful transactions with me.

Let me know,
Thanks"
--

Thanks again, cdyoung2

PM if you also want screenshots of the emails.
dcrc is offline   Reply With Quote