The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: Estimate wait times (roughly)
Already have my SS BLRO or within 2018 (1 year) 67 33.84%
2019 - 2 years 49 24.75%
2020 to 2022 - 3 to 5 years 36 18.18%
2023 and beyond - more than 5 years 46 23.23%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 December 2018, 05:50 AM   #1
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

POLL: Waiting "list" and their estimate wait of new SS BLRO/Pepsi at ADs only

I just wanted to get sense as to the estimate wait times of the new SS BLRO/Pepsi at ADs only

I know "lists" are sort of fiction but based on whatever make believe or real list that you are on: what have you been told or what is your calculation as to the estimate wait time for the SS BLRO from an ADs

(not grey dealers because that will be next day!)
brucethemanlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 05:53 AM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

i went to about 10 AD's in texas over the last few weeks. I had mine on so they were pretty candid with me as i was not after one. They all said they had only gotten two or three so far and the number of people waiting is several years at the current level of deliveries.

On a side note one had the WG BLRO with the blue dial which just came back from RSC as they had the black dial swapped at the request of their Rolex rep. Anyway IMO that's the better buy at the going rate.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 05:54 AM   #3
greeneyedguy
Banned

My AD got one this year. That is it.
greeneyedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 05:55 AM   #4
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i went to about 10 AD's in texas over the last few weeks. I had mine on so they were pretty candid with me as i was not after one. They all said they had only gotten two or three so far and the number of people waiting is several years at the current level of deliveries.

On a side note one had the WG BLRO with the blue dial which just came back from RSC as they had the black dial swapped at the request of their Rolex rep. Anyway IMO that's the better buy at the going rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedguy View Post
My AD got one this year. That is it.
thanks just put POLL up too!
brucethemanlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 05:55 AM   #5
2024 Pledge Member

My AD has only received one so far. They expected a second before the end of the year but haven't seen it yet.

The owner has always been honest with me so I don't think they're holding anything back.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 05:58 AM   #6
houls61
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Sub Date
My dealer has gotten 3 since Basel 2018. The first two went to the owners family members who wanted them, I got the third just this week.

Tag Heuer Calibre 17 CAY2112 Chrono
houls61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 05:59 AM   #7
LittleGothamDragon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I received mine this past month
LittleGothamDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 05:59 AM   #8
houls61
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Sub Date
Double post sorry
Tag Heuer Calibre 17 CAY2112 Chrono
houls61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 06:45 AM   #9
LondonLukeM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116508 YG
I went into my local AD yesterday to purchase a Christmas present for my fiancee (an oyster perpetual 114200 Olive Green dial). She has never shared my interest in watches but on a previous shopping trip she commented that she liked this model as it was unerstated.
Whilst I was inspecting the watch and sorting the payment the manager noticed my YG 116508 Green dial Daytona on my wrist and we got to chatting and I mentioned that I was a keen Rolex enthusiast and that I owned several 'hard to get' models such as the 116610LV and the 116710 BLNR.
He asked what I had my eye on next and I casually expressed an interest in a DD40 in rose gold. After another 10 minutes of discussion he then asked if I would be interested in purchasing the DD40 this week and after further discussion/negotiation he said that if I was interested he could sell me a 126710 BLRO(Pepsi) as long as I took the DD40!
Suffice to say I will be concluding the purchase later this week!
I have no history with this AD and I only went there as I had seen the oyster perpetual for my fiancee in the window, I think it was a case of right time/right place. It also goes to show that wait lists are somewhat of a joke! These AD's just want to make as many sales as possible and if you are in a position to buy more than one watch you are a dream customer for them!
I have now blown my whole 2019 watch budget in one hit though lol!
I just wanted to share my experience and ask if anyone else had come across any similar circumstances.
Thanks people!

(New to the forum but i shall post pics once I have collected and worked out how to do that lol!)
LondonLukeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 07:04 AM   #10
colincb
"TRF" Member

I'm 29th on the list at my AD. Sales person stated that they will likely receive one or two each year. (but no one really knows how many)
colincb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 07:06 AM   #11
farmcotton89
"TRF" Member

I’ve got both and never been on a waitlist lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
farmcotton89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 08:01 AM   #12
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonLukeM View Post
I went into my local AD yesterday to purchase a Christmas present for my fiancee (an oyster perpetual 114200 Olive Green dial). She has never shared my interest in watches but on a previous shopping trip she commented that she liked this model as it was unerstated.
Whilst I was inspecting the watch and sorting the payment the manager noticed my YG 116508 Green dial Daytona on my wrist and we got to chatting and I mentioned that I was a keen Rolex enthusiast and that I owned several 'hard to get' models such as the 116610LV and the 116710 BLNR.
He asked what I had my eye on next and I casually expressed an interest in a DD40 in rose gold. After another 10 minutes of discussion he then asked if I would be interested in purchasing the DD40 this week and after further discussion/negotiation he said that if I was interested he could sell me a 126710 BLRO(Pepsi) as long as I took the DD40!
Suffice to say I will be concluding the purchase later this week!
I have no history with this AD and I only went there as I had seen the oyster perpetual for my fiancee in the window, I think it was a case of right time/right place. It also goes to show that wait lists are somewhat of a joke! These AD's just want to make as many sales as possible and if you are in a position to buy more than one watch you are a dream customer for them!
I have now blown my whole 2019 watch budget in one hit though lol!
I just wanted to share my experience and ask if anyone else had come across any similar circumstances.
Thanks people!

(New to the forum but i shall post pics once I have collected and worked out how to do that lol!)
thats the only time a bundle makes sense... buying another watch you also want so you are doing it right. Once you feel like you are being asked to get stuff you dont want thats when its a bad move.

ive never bought in a bundle, but i know full well my previous purchase history and possible future purchases is a factor... so its sort of a long term bundle but i only get what i was going to buy anyway. without history its probably the best way to get one.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 08:03 AM   #13
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
My AD told me 200 years.

Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 08:09 AM   #14
liu_watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post
My AD told me 200 years.

At least he gave you a number. Ones I have talked to basically shrugged shoulders, shook heads - I took it as a Waitlist Perpetual.
liu_watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 09:25 AM   #15
stylinleems
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

My AD has received I believe three since Basel, mine was the third (purchased at the end of October).
stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 10:32 AM   #16
SpunkyQ8
"TRF" Member

Watch: RM,AP,PP,RLX,PAM
My Rubbish AD wouldn't even put a waitlist for these kind of watches(daytona,BLRO,HULK, James Cameron.. Etc) claiming "first comes, first serve" ..

P.S
I had my name for the Daytona since 2016 haven't even been called..
SpunkyQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 11:03 AM   #17
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

My AD has gotten 3 - first went to a flipper here, I got the second, the third shipped to a family doctor in TX
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 11:39 AM   #18
ltmgeller

Watch: Rolex
I was told by a couple ADs that I'd probably get it if I bundle a PM pieces. I've got the PM pieces I need and will wait (at least for now) for the BLRO.
Old 17 December 2018, 11:46 AM   #19
doctoryellow
"TRF" Member

I don’t think it’s possible to only buy the S/S watch without being forced to buy a PM watch with it.
doctoryellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 11:48 AM   #20
t65tampa
"TRF" Member

I asked my Rolex AD about the new stainless BLRO about 3 months ago. Took me a while to decide that I wanted one. I believe them when they say they'll do their best. I'm not going to pester them about it. I trust them and I feel they value me as a good customer. I'm not anxious about it. I've got other nice pieces I've purchased from them over the years to keep me company!
Old 17 December 2018, 12:04 PM   #21
ct.matt
"TRF" Member

Walked into a Rolex AD on a recent trip to Germany and was told 8 years for the new Daytona... Yawn
ct.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 12:06 PM   #22
KentK
"TRF" Member

It's all over the map. I was at my AD Friday to pick up some jewelry for my wife's Christmas present. I’ve had a relationship with the salesman at previous dealers for 15 years or so and purchased a couple of Rolex from this AD, so I’m a known customer. Anyway, while I was picking out the jewelry, he asked if I would like to see a Pepsi. I thought he was just going to show me one already spoken for, but when I asked he said it was mine if I wanted it. I said yes, of course and it needed to be check or cash, not credit card for MSRP. It's the first watch in all these years that I've paid retail for! He knows I’m not a flipper, bit I’m not sure if that matters. He said they do this for their good customers when they can and they have no idea when they will see another one. Great watch, by the way and surprisingly different from my BLNR. I'm thrilled.
KentK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 12:18 PM   #23
Talbel
"TRF" Member

I got mine yesterday. I believe my AD said they only got 2 or 3 this year. I have been what I would consider a good customer for 5 or 6 years, but I have never bought a PM from them.(although I have bought about 10 watches of various manufacturers there over the years) I stop in and talk watches from time to time and we have built a pretty good relationship over That period. He knows how much I love and appreciate watches and I think at the end of the day that helped. I don’t know if there is a “list” per se, but if there is I think the top producers at some of these dealers have some latitude on who they want them to go to and it may not always be about how much you spent. Just my 2 cents.
Talbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 12:20 PM   #24
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
The Waiting Is The Hardest Part!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 12:25 PM   #25
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I know there are different “levels” of dealers under RolexUSA based on sales, but I do think some of them are fudging when they give really small numbers they’ve received. And remember, this forum represents only a small percentage of Rolex buyers.

PS: I got mine without bundling, buying a PM, or being a whale.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 12:30 PM   #26
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Contacted my AD the day of the announcement. I’m patiently waiting and hoping for a call before Christmas.
Old 17 December 2018, 12:41 PM   #27
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentK View Post
It's all over the map. I was at my AD Friday to pick up some jewelry for my wife's Christmas present. I’ve had a relationship with the salesman at previous dealers for 15 years or so and purchased a couple of Rolex from this AD, so I’m a known customer. Anyway, while I was picking out the jewelry, he asked if I would like to see a Pepsi. I thought he was just going to show me one already spoken for, but when I asked he said it was mine if I wanted it. I said yes, of course and it needed to be check or cash, not credit card for MSRP. It's the first watch in all these years that I've paid retail for! He knows I’m not a flipper, bit I’m not sure if that matters. He said they do this for their good customers when they can and they have no idea when they will see another one. Great watch, by the way and surprisingly different from my BLNR. I'm thrilled.
Welcome and congratulations

Let’s see some pictures
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 12:54 PM   #28
BVLDARI
"TRF" Member

I didn't vote because my AD says I am not too far down the list but it will still be a while because they have gotten very very few of them.
BVLDARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 12:55 PM   #29
LesserBlackDog
"TRF" Member

The AD I talked to said they don’t do wait lists anymore, it got too messy with too many people upset after getting no call after a year of waiting. Sounds like they now do basically bundled sales on a first-come, first-serve basis for bi-color GMTs and all Daytonas.

The SA actually asked me if I were interested in buying something else* to make a purchase on a Batman (I am not), and I don’t have a particularly extensive purchase history with this dealer (I purchased a Tudor BB several years ago and an OP recently) so I think it’s not the buddy-buddy system for long-time purchasers that many people assume it must be. Seems like this AD would take money from whoever can afford a bundled purchase once the desirable watch has landed.

*The something else he suggested actually didn’t seem too unreasonable - he specifically mentioned diamond studs for myself, since I am wearing pale sapphire stud earrings at the moment. Probably the bundled purchase would need to be more extravagant for a Pepsi or a Daytona.
LesserBlackDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 01:22 PM   #30
kungpow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu_watch View Post
I took it as a Waitlist Perpetual.
kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote