The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 18 December 2018, 09:07 PM   #1
kog
"TRF" Member

Some people don't understand Rolex.

Was on youtube looking at how to spot a fake Rolex. And I have to say I was creased by a lot of the comments.

Comments like "The fake Rolex is as good as the real Rolex I couldn't tell the difference" and "why buy the real thing when you can buy the fake which is just as good" or "Proof that Rolex are grossly over priced because the fakes are a fraction of the price and you can't tell the difference" - these comments were in relation to the Submariner.

I replied that the Sub isn't a fashion statement, its a diver watch for diving, it has a depth specification on the face which isn't just for show, the watch is tested for the depth shown. The Sub is engineered to be durable, accurate and to function for the purpose for which it was made. Rolex have a system in place to repair their watches and to maintain them over the years, they have many many years of superb reputation so when you buy a Rolex you are buying a watch that will hold its value.

The fake is junk and is made only to look the same as a Rolex, that's it.

Someone replied. calling me an ignorant tw@ and said I didn't know what I was talking about, Rolex are overpriced.

It's clear from the comments many people think Rolex is nothing more than a high price status symbol that can easily be replicated in the sweatshops of China. On the one hand these people are critical of Rolex but yet they are very happy wearing a Rolex albeit a fake piece of junk.

The fact people see Rolex as a status symbol is testament to the quality in the Rolex line of watches and the reputation Rolex has built over decades of watch making. That reputation Rolex has built does not come cheap!
Old 18 December 2018, 09:09 PM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

fake watches for fake people IMO

if i can't attain whatever item luxury or otherwise i may want, i don't get the knockoff to pretend i did.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 18 December 2018, 09:10 PM   #3
james.l
"TRF" Member

Don't think you can talk about fakes on here.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 18 December 2018, 09:11 PM   #4
ozwatchguy
"TRF" Member

I hate fake items and pretenders that wear anything fake
Old 18 December 2018, 09:19 PM   #5
Terrakot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex LVc/BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kog View Post
Was on youtube looking at how to spot a fake Rolex. And I have to say I was creased by a lot of the comments.

Comments like "The fake Rolex is as good as the real Rolex I couldn't tell the difference" and "why buy the real thing when you can buy the fake which is just as good" or "Proof that Rolex are grossly over priced because the fakes are a fraction of the price and you can't tell the difference" - these comments were in relation to the Submariner.

I replied that the Sub isn't a fashion statement, its a diver watch for diving, it has a depth specification on the face which isn't just for show, the watch is tested for the depth shown. The Sub is engineered to be durable, accurate and to function for the purpose for which it was made. Rolex have a system in place to repair their watches and to maintain them over the years, they have many many years of superb reputation so when you buy a Rolex you are buying a watch that will hold its value.

The fake is junk and is made only to look the same as a Rolex, that's it.

Someone replied. calling me an ignorant tw@ and said I didn't know what I was talking about, Rolex are overpriced.

It's clear from the comments many people think Rolex is nothing more than a high price status symbol that can easily be replicated in the sweatshops of China. On the one hand these people are critical of Rolex but yet they are very happy wearing a Rolex albeit a fake piece of junk.

The fact people see Rolex as a status symbol is testament to the quality in the Rolex line of watches and the reputation Rolex has built over decades of watch making. That reputation Rolex has built does not come cheap!
Well, probably this "someone" really enjoys his "Rolls-Royce" (ex Chrysler 300M) and "Rolex"
We just don't understand

Old 18 December 2018, 09:21 PM   #6
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Some people?

I’d say most people.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 18 December 2018, 09:21 PM   #7
Brew
"TRF" Member

Why bother with youtube comments? Or comments pretty much anywhere on the internet?
Old 18 December 2018, 09:21 PM   #8
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
Why bother with youtube comments? Or comments pretty much anywhere on the internet?
Lmao. Such as here?

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 18 December 2018, 09:22 PM   #9
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
which is why im so happy many outlets (like news websites) scrapped them. Infested with trolls. I sometimes couldn't help myself and had to look and then you find yourself engaging with these people.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 18 December 2018, 09:24 PM   #10
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Lmao. Such as here?
this is the most heavily moderated site i have ever been on... and thats a good thing
Old 18 December 2018, 09:30 PM   #11
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james.l View Post
Don't think you can talk about fakes on here.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Exactly subject closed.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Closed Thread