The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 December 2016, 11:53 AM   #1
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Breitling Emergency Model 2

This was brought up in a previous thread but I was wondering if anyone has this model? Or experience with it? I saw it in the AD the other day and was impressed, not by the size (which IS impressive) but the capability. Since it is now dual frequency, 406 and 121, basically anywhere in the world you activate the feature it will be picked up by satellites and quite possibly save your life. I do a lot of hiking deep in the mountains and always carry a satelite PLB with me for a life-threatening emergency, but there is nothing as convenient or as ready as having one on your wrist.

I don't own a Breitling, and it is big and expensive, but if I were an Alaskan bush pilot, or forrest ranger, or anyone that spent a great deal of time in the wilderness far from help I would definitely get one of these. IMHO, Way to go Breitling!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2016, 01:01 PM   #2
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

A guy at work has both the new version and the previous version. The newer version looks almost comical on his wrist since they made it so big.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2017, 07:07 AM   #3
mmalek1
"TRF" Member

Watch: This one.
I tried this one on a strap. It is definitely big, but very light for its size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1599.jpg (81.9 KB, 842 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1598.jpg (59.1 KB, 836 views)
mmalek1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2017, 11:00 AM   #4
WJGESQ
Banned

There was a cool video on YouTube with this watch and one of aviations hot rods, a Baron.

I had inquired on this forum about the watch when it came out but I don't think it generated much interest at the time. The price is quite high if I recall.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2017, 09:19 AM   #5
GoldenBear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
I have an older 2005 version of the Emergency Mission. It is about to go in for its 4(?) year service. I have it on a black rubber dive strap. It looks great and I love it. Nice to swap in with my two Subs. Thinking about some changes, but not sure to what...Maybe Pepsi, Batman or Daytona.
Breitling Emergency Mission

**They are just watches, wear 'em.**
Old 29 March 2017, 05:39 AM   #6
stockae92
"TRF" Member

how does the emergency mission wears? heavy (because its in SS)?
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 07:01 AM   #7
speedmaster73
Banned

Emergency is titanium.

Wears light. Ridiculously huge. Much prefer old model.
speedmaster73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 07:06 AM   #8
stockae92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster73 View Post
Emergency is titanium.

Wears light. Ridiculously huge. Much prefer old model.
Isn't the Emergency made in stainless steel? Not the Emergency quartz or superquartz.
Old 29 March 2017, 07:19 AM   #9
mmalek1
"TRF" Member

Watch: This one.
The emergency mission is in stainless steel.
mmalek1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2017, 11:12 AM   #10
WJGESQ
Banned

No owners of the new emergency on this board?

Last edited by WJGESQ; 14 April 2017 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Typo.
Old 2 May 2017, 07:32 AM   #11
GoldenBear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
I like it, but I have one and the new one is $20k++....
Breitling Emergency Mission

**They are just watches, wear 'em.**
Old 11 May 2017, 12:16 AM   #12
flintsghost
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
I like it, but I have one and the new one is $20k++....
That's an awful lot of cash for any Breitling unless you need that function which most people don't. For that kind of money it should come with a medical team and stretcher to follow you around.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2017, 12:23 AM   #13
VaRobot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mark IV Red Sub
As a Private Pilot who was in the Civil Air Patrol in Colorado, I climbed inside downed aircraft and disabled ELT's. Disabled them so SARSAT would no longer hear them.

There are still over 100 missing aircraft in Colorado, many of which had ELT's. ELT's have limitations, having one in a watch might not be my 1st choice. I may choose something like this as my 1st choice:

http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/saf...FqEBoCGibw_wcB

I love the watch, but I'm not too fond of having an ELT in a watch, especially being that pricey. Just my .02
VaRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2017, 02:45 AM   #14
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaRobot View Post
As a Private Pilot who was in the Civil Air Patrol in Colorado, I climbed inside downed aircraft and disabled ELT's. Disabled them so SARSAT would no longer hear them.

There are still over 100 missing aircraft in Colorado, many of which had ELT's. ELT's have limitations, having one in a watch might not be my 1st choice. I may choose something like this as my 1st choice:

http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/saf...FqEBoCGibw_wcB

I love the watch, but I'm not too fond of having an ELT in a watch, especially being that pricey. Just my .02

I have the ACR rescue link and have it with me whenever i go hiking in the mountains. It is an essential piece of equipment for being in the wilderness and may save my life some day. My flying days are probably over, enough for me after Desert Storm, but if I were a bush pilot, or perhaps what you do as a CAP, I would definitely consider this watch. I wish it weren't so big, but there is nothing as handy as having your PLB on your wrist.
Old 15 July 2017, 03:14 AM   #15
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

i am impressed with the capability as well. It is the ultimate backcountry/camping watch for all those who are not pilots. I am seriously considering it as i spend time in the summers in the backcountry of Montana which is bear country and completely separated from civilization. I like the fact its a watch as you will always have it with you and not a sat phone or other location equipment which would probably be in your backpack and would probably be inaccessible to you the one time you would actually need it.

Speaking of pilots former Anheuser-Busch CEO was arrested for allegedly flying his helicopter drunk. What was he wearing? Emergency II. Safety first
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 423C57B400000578-4687332-image-a-2_1499865098055.jpg (60.8 KB, 535 views)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2017, 05:39 AM   #16
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
The titanium wears well. I've heard it is more water resistant than claimed. I've heard of at least two stories where it has saved a life. Good for boating and offroading as well imho.

I have seen people wear it and honestly it doesn't seem too big because you know what it is. Like a g shock you expect it to be big.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2017, 02:20 PM   #17
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Hopefully they can get the size down in the future. This thing is bad ass! At 43mm and 10k I'd be a customer.
Old 13 August 2017, 03:18 AM   #18
tk123456789
"TRF" Member

I own the Breitling Emergency II Night Mission (the blacked out version). I love it, I am 6' 3" and 225lbs so it fits me and my wrist fine. I own the old Emergency version as well, but the new one wears really well.
tk123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2017, 03:20 AM   #19
tk123456789
"TRF" Member

I am new to the forum here, so I'm not sure I can post pictures yet.
Old 13 August 2017, 06:31 AM   #20
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123456789 View Post
I own the Breitling Emergency II Night Mission (the blacked out version). I love it, I am 6' 3" and 225lbs so it fits me and my wrist fine. I own the old Emergency version as well, but the new one wears really well.
Welcome! Stick around and post some pics of it. I think black is a good look for this watch as it surely hides some of the mass.

Old 18 August 2017, 12:14 PM   #21
tk123456789
"TRF" Member

I've actually decided to sell mine. I used to travel to some questionable areas around the world. But now I don't so I'm thinking of selling mine. The black one retails for $18,700.00. I am selling it for around $12k.
Old 18 August 2017, 12:34 PM   #22
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123456789 View Post
I've actually decided to sell mine. I used to travel to some questionable areas around the world. But now I don't so I'm thinking of selling mine. The black one retails for $18,700.00. I am selling it for around $12k.
Should be quick sale?
Old 18 August 2017, 08:13 PM   #23
tk123456789
"TRF" Member

I hope so. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks!
Old 7 September 2017, 05:53 AM   #24
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
This was brought up in a previous thread but I was wondering if anyone has this model? Or experience with it? I saw it in the AD the other day and was impressed, not by the size (which IS impressive) but the capability. Since it is now dual frequency, 406 and 121, basically anywhere in the world you activate the feature it will be picked up by satellites and quite possibly save your life. I do a lot of hiking deep in the mountains and always carry a satelite PLB with me for a life-threatening emergency, but there is nothing as convenient or as ready as having one on your wrist.

I don't own a Breitling, and it is big and expensive, but if I were an Alaskan bush pilot, or forrest ranger, or anyone that spent a great deal of time in the wilderness far from help I would definitely get one of these. IMHO, Way to go Breitling!
I guess it has been a while since your thread started, are you still interested about Emergency? Over the years, I had all 3 models, Titanium, Mission, and now II. I still own Mission as I love this chrono model.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2017, 06:03 AM   #25
dysondiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: my fins
didnt richard hammond test one ,,, from memory
dysondiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2017, 04:15 PM   #26
aleeboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Had the opportunity to see this watch the other day - it's hard to come across this as it's boutique only.

I must say that I was totally blown away by the watch. Though very large, at 51mm, it wears quite well on my flat wrist. Loved the yellow dial (was the only one I could try on) and the weight was not dissimilar to my AP ROO. However, the watch is really really thick. I would be concerned about knocking it on something whilst out and about.

The box set is also really cool. Only drawbacks are the price and the fact that it's not water proof - it's rated 50m water resistance.
aleeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2017, 07:17 PM   #27
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Re energizing this thread because I saw one in the wild the other day. It was at an airport, waiting to board I noticed (kind of hard to miss at 51MM) a gentleman wearing one; black.. night mission or whatever the name is. I politely asked him and he was more then kind and enthusiastic to discuss it. He does a lot of yachting, all over the world and sometimes solo. He said the piece of mind it gives him is worth the (high) price and I can definitely understand. He said he hopes he never has to use it, but if he ever finds himself floating in the ocean with his life on the line, there is nothing as convenient as having a PLB on his wrist. I completely understand and agree, if I were in a profession that involved the possibility of being stranded (bush pilot, boater, mountain ranger) I am pretty sure I would fork up the cash as well; it could definitely save your life.
Old 13 December 2017, 01:23 AM   #28
Argo98
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Re energizing this thread because I saw one in the wild the other day. It was at an airport, waiting to board I noticed (kind of hard to miss at 51MM) a gentleman wearing one; black.. night mission or whatever the name is. I politely asked him and he was more then kind and enthusiastic to discuss it. He does a lot of yachting, all over the world and sometimes solo. He said the piece of mind it gives him is worth the (high) price and I can definitely understand. He said he hopes he never has to use it, but if he ever finds himself floating in the ocean with his life on the line, there is nothing as convenient as having a PLB on his wrist. I completely understand and agree, if I were in a profession that involved the possibility of being stranded (bush pilot, boater, mountain ranger) I am pretty sure I would fork up the cash as well; it could definitely save your life.
Very nice post!!
Argo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 07:08 AM   #29
stockae92
"TRF" Member

I also wear my Emergency when going to IKEA ... that place is designed so you can't get out ... :p
Old 14 December 2017, 06:23 AM   #30
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

I still have Emergency Mission, I sold the Titanium with UTC. I am currently using the Emergency II. It is not heavy, but rather bulky. I chose rubber bracelet because it sits lower on my wrist than Titanium bracelet. Lots of new dials available now. Piece of mind for sure whether you travel by sea, air, hiking, or dune bashing in desert.

Keeps very accurate time, alarm is loud enough, but what I miss the most (in Titanium version too) is illuminated digital dial(s). Easy to operate, main battery which runs the watch lasts circa 2 years, but in reality 3 years. You are responsible for recharging the emergency signal (PBL) battery every 2 months, I do it monthly - takes about 3 hours to fully charge it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Emergency.jpg (109.8 KB, 124 views)
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote