The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 November 2019, 05:01 AM   #1
yachty 1
"TRF" Member
 
yachty 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Watch: yacht master
Posts: 706
Am I over reacting???

So as you guys know my less then a week old pam 00764 stopped working. Sent it out to Panerai and told them repeatedly there are no scratches on the watch and I am worried it will come back scratched. They assured me everything will be fine. Waited nine weeks .fast forward to today recieved the watch and low and behold scratches on 2 spots. I do have pictures from when it left thank goodness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191114_134902-768x1024.jpg (133.9 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg 20191114_134915-768x1024.jpg (107.7 KB, 230 views)
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 06:00 AM   #2
rambo99
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 947
i think you should send it back to panerai, explain to them and they should polish it back to original status for you.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 06:14 AM   #3
yachty 1
"TRF" Member
 
yachty 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Watch: yacht master
Posts: 706
Actually found another

Definitely the answer would be to have them polish it but can they not touch the rest of the watch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191114_144501-768x1024.jpg (91.6 KB, 205 views)
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 06:25 AM   #4
rambo99
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachty 1 View Post
Definitely the answer would be to have them polish it but can they not touch the rest of the watch?
is panerai service really that horrible? it looks like an easy fix to me.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 07:17 AM   #5
yachty 1
"TRF" Member
 
yachty 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Watch: yacht master
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
is panerai service really that horrible? it looks like an easy fix to me.

I get it, but who would love to get there brand new watch polished. Also how does that pass quality control. It's not only scratched once, its multiple. It's my first experience with them just sharing my story.
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 09:48 PM   #6
1William
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North Carolina
Watch: Rolex/Others
Posts: 22,218
Things happen and this is unacceptable. I would talk to the people ad the closest AD or Boutique and see what they say. If you do not have access to one I would call the Service Center and see what they say. I might be tempted to just go on with it.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 10:10 PM   #7
yachty 1
"TRF" Member
 
yachty 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Watch: yacht master
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Things happen and this is unacceptable. I would talk to the people ad the closest AD or Boutique and see what they say. If you do not have access to one I would call the Service Center and see what they say. I might be tempted to just go on with it.
Waiting to hear back from service center . I want to be assured that the whole watch wont have to get polished. They also managed to scratch case back. So watch came back with a total of 4 scratches. I forwarded all my before pictures. I definitely know these things happen but this to me is totally unacceptable at every level. Like I said watch was less then a week old. Attached is a picture of the case back. I dont know if this can be fixed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191114_194940-768x1024.jpg (165.0 KB, 136 views)
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 10:18 PM   #8
brandrea
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
brandrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Real Name: Brian (TBone)
Location: canada
Watch: es make me smile
Posts: 38,038
Geeze I hate reading threads like this. That’s disappointing
__________________
Instagram ~ brandrea3
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 11:04 PM   #9
Rebel
"TRF" Member
 
Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Real Name: Mark
Location: New Albany
Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Posts: 5,521
If you scratch it, that's one thing. If they scratch it, it's another. Hope it works out to your happiness.
__________________
-------------------------------
Member of the Nylon Nation
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 11:16 PM   #10
77T
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 30,343
Am I over reacting???

A company is gauged by its focus on not making this type of mistake, and the level of customer service after the mistake is made.

Their first question after an apology should be, “What would you wish us to do to correct this error?”

I perceive you might want them to remove the blemishes without polishing the entire case. The risk is that they scratch it in a new place while disassembling it to reach into the spots between the lugs.

Maybe the best route is to accept the scratches “as is” and ask for a full service in “X” years from now. That would include fully polishing it to new unless you’re against that.

By then you’ll have new scratches and be able to look past these first ones.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 11:52 PM   #11
Joearch
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Real Name: Joe
Location: Los Angeles
Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
Posts: 2,453
Seems so fundamental that the service center would be focused on making the watch look better after service, not worse. Why can’t Panerai recognize the impact this make on our perception of this being a premier brand. Too many stories like this.
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:31 AM   #12
yachty 1
"TRF" Member
 
yachty 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Watch: yacht master
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
A company is gauged by its focus on not making this type of mistake, and the level of customer service after the mistake is made.

Their first question after an apology should be, “What would you wish us to do to correct this error?”

I perceive you might want them to remove the blemishes without polishing the entire case. The risk is that they scratch it in a new place while disassembling it to reach into the spots between the lugs.

Maybe the best route is to accept the scratches “as is” and ask for a full service in “X” years from now. That would include fully polishing it to new unless you’re against that.

By then you’ll have new scratches and be able to look past these first ones.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am waiting to hear back from them . Your resolution toward the situation is something that I would consider. But the case back I dont think can be fixed. That's to me the one that bothers me the most . I have never in all my years of having watches scratch the case back. The other scratches in time will be a pass memory as the watch gets worn.
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:16 AM   #13
BigJack
"TRF" Member
 
BigJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Real Name: Samuel
Location: NY
Posts: 24
Hopefully it gets restored back to original state. Sorry you have to go through all this.
BigJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM   #14
thsiao
"TRF" Member
 
thsiao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,019
This is exactly why I take a million photos of the watch from every angle whenever I send a watch to be serviced. Unfortunately this kind of thing is not rare and it happens with many brands. I always make a note about the condition of my watch so they know that I am one of those “anal” customers so that hopefully they are extra careful. I hope they resolve your problem and sorry to hear that it happened.
__________________
Instagram @lifeofawis
www.lifeofawis.com
thsiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM   #15
denmanproject
"TRF" Member
 
denmanproject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Real Name: Wayne
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 2,389
Sorry to hear, that would frustrate me!
denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #16
Cru Jones
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Cru Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 29,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Geeze I hate reading threads like this. That’s disappointing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
If you scratch it, that's one thing. If they scratch it, it's another. Hope it works out to your happiness.
x2
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #17
directioneng
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
directioneng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 29,660
Very disappointing.

The case scratches can be fixed but if they couldn’t do it without damaging it the first time then who knows what the next outcome will be.

As for the case back that is a bigger issue.
Difficult to bring back to original and even more difficult to replace.

A very poor show from by Panerai.

I hope it all works out for you.
__________________
E

directioneng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:54 AM   #18
nick c
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
nick c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 26,629
Man this people that work there, do they have a heart? Probably not.
nick c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:31 AM   #19
ap1
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: usa
Posts: 13,020
Texas did that to me onetime too. Rookies there. I wouldn’t give the. A second chance to mess up more. I feel your pain
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:40 AM   #20
yachty 1
"TRF" Member
 
yachty 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Watch: yacht master
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Texas did that to me onetime too. Rookies there. I wouldn’t give the. A second chance to mess up more. I feel your pain

How did they end up resolving the problem?
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:23 AM   #21
yachty 1
"TRF" Member
 
yachty 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Watch: yacht master
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by thsiao View Post
This is exactly why I take a million photos of the watch from every angle whenever I send a watch to be serviced. Unfortunately this kind of thing is not rare and it happens with many brands. I always make a note about the condition of my watch so they know that I am one of those “anal” customers so that hopefully they are extra careful. I hope they resolve your problem and sorry to hear that it happened.

I am also Anal and they made a special note saying it was virtually brand new, so they said. The sad thing was the girl put me on hold and I am 99 percent sure she wispered it's another one. They are going to let me know Monday If the polisher is able to isolate those areas. If I dont like what I hear I might except the way its. Of course except for case back I am bothered the most by that. I will keep everyone in the loop with the outcome.
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:25 AM   #22
yachty 1
"TRF" Member
 
yachty 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Watch: yacht master
Posts: 706
On a brighter note

Mind as well wear the sh#t out of it till I send it out again..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191116_134234-768x1024.jpg (128.5 KB, 0 views)
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Banners Of The Month

Banners Of The Month


*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.