The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 4 September 2019, 03:13 AM   #31
Phrank
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ♕
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
He also some of the finest examples of 5 digit references anywhere on the web.
Absolutely, picked up a super clean, unpolished Rolex Submariner 16613lb from him just over a year ago, absolutely love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex_Blue_191.jpg (151.9 KB, 419 views)
Phrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 03:20 AM   #32
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
I have dealt with DavidSW and watchshopping.com thru Chrono24 and both were pleasant and without any issues, DavidSW wins hands down for the speedy 24 hr delivery, the Chrono24 took a week to get the NIB Tudor and it was as described.

On both watch purchases they were exactly as described and arrived when they said they were
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 03:39 AM   #33
bgolfo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I have only bought from DavidSW and every time has been great, even visiting is store front. You can get new or used but the used ones are the best condition I have seen.
bgolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 03:56 AM   #34
Vicente
"TRF" Member

I have purchased BNIB ( rolex ) from a TS. I noticed that the watch does not match the photos online, meaning the pics are perfect with no swirls but the actual watch does. Overall , still good experience bec the watch was replaced immediately. I just wonder if the TS use generic pics for BNIB watches. I’m also curious why the used watches are pristine even if it was noted as unpolished( although I have read here a comment saying that has to be taken with a grain of salt)
Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 04:08 AM   #35
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
my two favorites are Nashville Watch (Chase) and Takuya. both have way better trade values and better pricing than DSW, by far! not quite the extensive inventory though
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 04:47 AM   #36
mitc5502
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II; SubC
I've bought from Joma a bunch, and PrestigeTime a couple of times. Process was fast and easy, but admittedly I've never had to deal with them for customer service issues. Got my ExpII 216570 from Joma shop...a bit above retail, but not more than other grays, and overnight shipping was free.

I inquired about trading in some watches to Watchbox/Govberg, and their quotes were downright insulting. Crown and Caliber offered me double for the same watches.
mitc5502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 05:15 AM   #37
zewill
"TRF" Member

Don't get the point of Jomashop?
Do they sell directly or they put users in contact?
They are advertising a Rolex DJ41 new for 9300$ or something... comes with 2 years JOMASHOP warranty. (LOL)
Who would buy this there? Rolex gives 5 years, and it's cheaper at an AD, and it's not the hardest watch to find...
zewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 05:31 AM   #38
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmk416 View Post
Curious as to members’ experiences with greys and who among them is regarded as the most honest and transparent. I realize DavidSW gets a lot of love here, which I understand; although I wonder if that’s in large part because he’s a nice guy who also happens to have the greatest Rolex availability. What about other brands, though? For example, if you were going to buy an Omega, Tudor, Oris, etc., to whom would you turn? I never hear about PrestigeTime, yet they have good Google reviews. It seems DavidSW is regarded as better than Bob’s and Chrono24. True? Thanks, all.

This may not interest you because it’s English but I’m from Dublin Ireland & there are no Grey Dealers in Ireland. So three years ago it was doing some research into Grey Dealers & I came across a Grey Dealer in the north of England & as it’s only an hours flight away from Dublin. I checked out iconicwatches & they seemed to be very good value for money & they have a Jewellers shop in a busy town center. So I contacted them about a T/T Sub Model number 116613LB with that beautiful Blue Sunburst Dial & they said that they could send the Watch to me but I wanted to visit their jewelers shop for myself to make sure everything was above board. So I flew to England & you could not come across any nicer & professional people to deal with. All their Watches are sourced but they do have some in stock Watches. So I picked up the Sub & since then I have visited their shop on another two occasions. All the Watches are brand new with all their protective stickers intact. All came with a valid warranty card. So this is my last purchase & I couldn’t be more happy with it. I hope you like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bobby81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 06:20 AM   #39
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
Another vote for David SW........ I miss Bodybump, he was good to deal with.
Where did Oscar go? I didn't know he wasn't around anymore, he was great to do business with.

If you're in the UK, Tom Coll is a brilliant grey that I'd highly recommend.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 06:34 AM   #40
Mr.Rolex1
Banned

Watch: Submariner
The grey market may not be around much longer...
Mr.Rolex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 06:44 AM   #41
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
That’s beyond a lowball....I figured bobs would have more class than that
I would never do any business with them , EVER!
DavidSW is a class act ... Never any worries !
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 06:59 AM   #42
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H25B View Post
Nashville Watch I found to be very up front, prompt, and professional.
Have not bought from them but I find their prices to be attractive.
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 07:04 AM   #43
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Had multiple deals with PrestigeTime and Element in Time.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 07:18 AM   #44
PNBLWZD
"TRF" Member

I have a question regarding NIB purchase from a gray; how does the warranted work? Often times you see the card in the pic, but who’s name and how? Or does the name not matter, as long as the original AD registered it or...? I’ve always bought from an AD so the cards are in my name, but I’ve never had to use one
PNBLWZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 07:34 AM   #45
miamiclay
2024 Pledge Member

For 5-digits, I’ll second the recommendation of Patrick / OCWatchguy, and I’ve had good dealings with Tim of Fog City Vintage and Matt Bain in Miami.
miamiclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 07:40 AM   #46
TimMB
"TRF" Member

Bob's is really bad. Offered me list for a new white face Daytons. The used car salesman they had call me said it was not that popular and that they might only break even on the deal. I understand making a profit but those guys at Bob's are ridiculous
TimMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 09:49 AM   #47
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNBLWZD View Post
I have a question regarding NIB purchase from a gray; how does the warranted work? Often times you see the card in the pic, but who’s name and how? Or does the name not matter, as long as the original AD registered it or...? I’ve always bought from an AD so the cards are in my name, but I’ve never had to use one

The Grey Dealers get their Watches from Rolex AD’s who might want to shift Watches. The card is sometimes blank. Their in stock Watches may have someone else’s name on the warranty card but once the warranty card was swiped at point of sale to activate the warranty it doesn’t matter who’s name is on the warranty the warranty follows the Watch not whoever sold it to the Grey Dealer. I have purchased three Rolex’s from a Grey Dealer in the north of England two were in stock Watches & these had someone else’s name on the warranty card. I contacted the only Rolex AD in my city & I was assured that they would honour the warranties. The third Watch that I purchased from this particular Grey Dealer was not an in stock Watch it had to be sourced. The Grey Dealer contacted me & asked me who’s name I wanted on the warranty card I gave him my name of course. After waiting for about three weeks the Grey Dealer contacted me to say that they had the Watch for me to collect. Like the other two Watches they were brand new with all there protective stickers intact & all came with all accessories. This is a photo of me latest acquisition & I am very happy with the service that this Grey Dealer provided

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bobby81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 11:35 AM   #48
Pilliam
"TRF" Member

Wow, these sure are some great responses. I never anticipated this thread would garner this many replies, and I thank all of you for chiming in. There are far more greys than I knew existed!
What actually prompted me to post was another recent thread that essentially speaks to "since Rolex SS is in short supply, what other brands are you shopping?"
Then I saw lots of Speedy pics, which led me to look around online, and I see that most all greys offer the Moonwatch at a sizable cost savings over MSRP. The problem is: I know little about Omegas model numbers, nor do I know who are the more reputable greys when it comes to the Speedy. Thanks again - you've all put me on to so many more options than I'd considered!

Last edited by Pilliam; 4 September 2019 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: typo
Pilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 12:14 PM   #49
ademarco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Tony from SDWatches met locally and was great to deal with getting my LV.
Chase from Nashville watches shipped the watch overnight and great to deal with as well for my SD43.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2019, 11:04 AM   #50
donald83
"TRF" Member

I want to get a piece from Chrono24 preferably from a grey in Germany due to the large tax savings.

Any German grey dealers to recommend?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
donald83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2019, 12:55 PM   #51
RobsterCraw
Banned

Ill add "Briboxer" to the list. Received my watch to my doorstep 20 hrs after payment. Complete set with my name on the warranty card.
RobsterCraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2019, 01:16 PM   #52
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I have dealt with two and they have both been fantastic:

1) OCRolexguy
2) Tony Geha at SDwatches. He is justrolexes

Greys serve a useful purpose and will be around as long as there are watches. If you don't like the concept, then don't use them.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2019, 02:45 PM   #53
bgolfo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I only deal with DavidSW and cannot be happier. I find his experience to be better than when I have go to AD and bought a watch
bgolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 01:04 AM   #54
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

I've bought a number of watches from greys over the year and never had a bad experience.

I've bought new from Prestige and Joma and used from Chrono24 and others, and they list the price, I buy it, they send it, I wear it. No issues.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 01:11 AM   #55
offrdmania

Ive had amazing experiences with Nasville watch and Bernard watch as well as Modern Swiss on the bay.
Old 14 October 2019, 02:17 AM   #56
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
I've bought from HQ and DSW with perfect execution. Both fast, full disclosure, and fair prices..

I also sold to Bob's and it was a flawless transaction. Blue dial YM. They bid me a decent price and then bumped themselves $300 when I sent pics. Ended up getting about $600 off what most other trusted sellers were listing this watch at. So I was very satisfied.
CamSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 01:30 PM   #57
Mick006
"TRF" Member

I would highly recommend DavidSW.
Mick006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 02:13 PM   #58
sickened1

Watch: ugiveiswatchuget
Thanh (takuya), David SW & Tony (justrolexes). You can't go wrong with any of them.
sickened1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 02:38 PM   #59
drfaulkner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Expl II, TT DJII
Authentic Watches did great for me on a new Breitling Superocean.
drfaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 02:51 PM   #60
tritium8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Got a hard to find datejust for my wife at a great price from DavidSW. Great guy!
tritium8 is offline   Reply With Quote