The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 9 October 2019, 04:20 PM   #91
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I like where your head is at.

I can relate. Just not quite there yet. And at this point, can't reasonably afford the G63. Certainly not with the VIG they put on it.
Just another thought, what year is your RR ATB?

If it is the pre-facelift model, there is quite a bit of difference between that and the updated model.

Insofar as the full size RR vs the RRS is concerned. The full size RR doesn't feel all that different from the RRS, it is only marginally bigger. Rides a bit softer, looks a bit different, but by and large they look and feel the same. So if you're looking for a big change, you're not going to get it.

Which leads me to my overall point, if you are to stick with RR, I would go with the SVR for a few reasons.

1: The SVR is a unique model. It has unique options and colours and is clearly an SVR as opposed to a RRS or RR which all the way from HSE to ATB look pretty similar. It has a more sporty feel. It sounds amazing, the seats are comfortable for luxury sports seats. It's fast (not the fastest), but in relative terms, it is quick.

2: It has more road presence than any other car you've listed, except the G wagon which I'd say it is on par with.

3: The updated Sport has many small changes that make it a much better vehicle. In particular, is the new infotainment system which completely destroys the old one (which was laggy and annoying). The new dual screen setup is pretty to look at and all the little touch buttons are nice little bonus.

Again, it's SVR vs G Wagon for me.

Full disclosure. I'm biased, I went for the SVR in Estoril Blue with a Carbon hood. But I did cross shop against the Cayenne Turbo, G Wagon, Full size RR and X5/X6M. New G Wagon wasn't available at the time.
PPFANBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 04:29 PM   #92
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
X7 Seth or Cullinan
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 04:33 PM   #93
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
X7 Seth or Cullinan
Well duck me we are taking the budget up a notch Danny
Old 9 October 2019, 08:00 PM   #94
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
I think the Cullinan is but ugly. Besides, as Seth is concerned about pulling up to clients in a G wagon might rub people the wrong way, I think the Rolls Royce or Bentley version are also a no no for that same reason.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 08:11 PM   #95
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
I think the Cullinan is but ugly. Besides, as Seth is concerned about pulling up to clients in a G wagon might rub people the wrong way, I think the Rolls Royce or Bentley version are also a no no for that same reason.
Ha. Yeah. Can’t imagine Danny was serious. I looked at the Levante too for a hot minute. They are all just to “much”.

As stated above, the FF isn’t so much different than the sport. That appeals to me. It’s not much of a change to any of my clients. I’ve been in a sport for years now. But it’s just enough that suits my purposes. And I do believe the brand has been diluted. I don’t think it’s a big deal to drive a Land Rover anymore. That appeals to me too.

Truly, it’s between the Tahoe and the FF at this point.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 02:44 AM   #96
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
Quote:
What I’ve learned over the years is that everyone has a different opinion. Heck, just look at this thread.

While I don’t necessarily disagree with you, I do think range rovers are everywhere. Because they are so common, I believe there is less of a stigma than there once was. Similar to Mercedes or bmw, they have diluted and weakened the luxury brand.

But again, that’s just my opinion. And I don’t disagree with yours. Ive gotten tons of comments over the years in my rr sport. I don’t think it has effected me adversly. In fact, I think it’s helped. But I’ve certainly felt uncomfortable at times.

Based on all this, I actually think my best bet is the Tahoe RST. I get to black it all out, I get a beefy engine, and I get a super comfortable drive that tears it up in the snow. I might just go this route. Something baller to me that says, I don’t give a f:(k. I like what I like. I’ve wanted one for years.

My team thinks I’ll be bored of it quick. I think they are wrong. Only one way to find out.
RR is more common here as well. I agree because of the scarcity the G the perceptions might be different to those who aren't into cars.
CamSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 03:41 AM   #97
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Surprisingly hard to find black on black with black package. From what I can tell, it’s the only one on the east coast.

Just came into the Manhattan LR dealer. Looks good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F360C5FB-5A81-49DA-8A07-C079E58CA2EB.jpeg (94.7 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpeg A993D514-D230-4669-802F-456760EEDA67.jpeg (96.1 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpeg AC985B5D-E9B2-44A7-AF23-39182015E321.jpeg (84.5 KB, 289 views)

Old 10 October 2019, 03:46 AM   #98
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSLC View Post
RR is more common here as well. I agree because of the scarcity the G the perceptions might be different to those who aren't into cars.
Please know that I’m definitely not talking smack. Im a big g wagon fan.

But even with above, it could very well be a V6 with half the options it has. There are just so many to choose from.

Heck, I acknowledge I could be way off. But it just seems less in your face. Also why I went black (well I prefer black). But some of the color combos with the black package are amazing. But also very much visually stimulating. And maybe wishful thinking, but I think this is kind of stealthy.

Old 10 October 2019, 04:17 AM   #99
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
I don’t get the whole black on black or black wheel drug dealer look? These went out of fashion on the West Coast years ago. Is that still in on the East Coast? Maybe that’s why they’re hard to find? I'm also not sure if that's very client friendly either.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 04:36 AM   #100
encarter13
"TRF" Member

I swear, every time I go a few days without spending time on TRF, I return to Seth buying a car.

I missed a few days a while back and you picked up the Cayman. Now, you're looking into another SUV.

That being said, I sure do love cars!

Tahoe is a great vehicle and I love driving/borrowing my MIL's. However, you will be disappointed with the step-down in luxury. Do not make this move. The honeymoon period will not last.

Range Rover, even if you go full size, I think this will be too much like your current daily driver. What is the point of getting something else if you are essentially getting the same vehicle?

GLE gets my vote. The wife and I test drove the 2020 GLE 450 a few weeks ago. I thought it was the perfect blend of tech, luxury, and utility. We preferred the GLE much more than the X5 we test drove later that afternoon.
Old 10 October 2019, 04:38 AM   #101
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
I don’t get the whole black on black or black wheel drug dealer look? These went out of fashion on the West Coast years ago. Is that still in on the East Coast? Maybe that’s why they’re hard to find? I'm also not sure if that's very client friendly either.
Show 10 people a painting, and you will likely get 10 different reactions to it. This entire forum is a perfect of example of different people liking different things.

If we all liked the same thing, things would be boring. Personally, I do not really like some of the preferences that others have. I am always careful to mind others feelings though. To not do so is a pretty selfish, narcissistic move in my opinion.

I do realize that some people think the world revolves around them, and that their preferences should be that of everyone else. I get it.

I can't speak to what fashions people like and don't. I like what I like. For this specific car, I have not signed the papers. But I very well might if it is still available when I am ready. From what I understand these are hard to get because they leave the dealership so very fast.

Time will tell.

Old 10 October 2019, 04:44 AM   #102
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by encarter13 View Post
I swear, every time I go a few days without spending time on TRF, I return to Seth buying a car.

I missed a few days a while back and you picked up the Cayman. Now, you're looking into another SUV.

That being said, I sure do love cars!

Tahoe is a great vehicle and I love driving/borrowing my MIL's. However, you will be disappointed with the step-down in luxury. Do not make this move. The honeymoon period will not last.

Range Rover, even if you go full size, I think this will be too much like your current daily driver. What is the point of getting something else if you are essentially getting the same vehicle?

GLE gets my vote. The wife and I test drove the 2020 GLE 450 a few weeks ago. I thought it was the perfect blend of tech, luxury, and utility. We preferred the GLE much more than the X5 we test drove later that afternoon.

Stop going away please!!!!!

Lots of reasons I like to stay similar. I will say this though, I have 10 pairs of the same pants. 10 pairs of the same shirt. I wear that same thing every day.

I like what I am comfortable in. I have worn my boots everyday for the last year or so. I have a brand new pair in the closet for when these are done.

With this, it is so similar to what I have it won't raise any eyebrows. My sport is likely more aggressive. Dark blue on all black. Anyway, this as the same engine with 518 HP and is just a lot more chill. I am looking for chill at this point.

I think the Tahoe or this will be perfect. The Tahoe is a lot less expensive. But I am not 100% on the interior. This interior is amazing. So we shall see.

Old 10 October 2019, 05:17 AM   #103
Laszlo

Quote:
Show 10 people a painting, and you will likely get 10 different reactions to it. This entire forum is a perfect of example of different people liking different things.

If we all liked the same thing, things would be boring. Personally, I do not really like some of the preferences that others have. I am always careful to mind others feelings though. To not do so is a pretty selfish, narcissistic move in my opinion.

I do realize that some people think the world revolves around them, and that their preferences should be that of everyone else. I get it.

I can't speak to what fashions people like and don't. I like what I like. For this specific car, I have not signed the papers. But I very well might if it is still available when I am ready. From what I understand these are hard to get because they leave the dealership so very fast.

Time will tell.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound derogatory, I work in product and this our daily vernacular when we’re working on positioning a product and how that product is perceived by the public at launch or how it will be perceived down the road by future customers. Even a product on market can change its perception and this particular style and scheme that was extremely popular has garnered a somewhat nefarious connotation all on its own. I was just trying to suggest that even if you like it, it carries a stigma and it might not be very client friendly. A good example of something that happened here, when California decided to reissue the famous black license plate, which signified classic cars, the good ole days, and postivtivity, has turned into a negative perception overnight and now no one wants them because they don’t want to look like they’re from out-of-town or get pulled over by the police. Brand perception is real, and it can be unfortunate. But it is what it is. And it can be costly.

Old 10 October 2019, 05:23 AM   #104
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
That RR looks good, I have a black on black SUV and I like it.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 05:33 AM   #105
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound derogatory, I work in product and this our daily vernacular when we’re working on positioning a product and how that product is perceived by the public at launch or how it will be perceived down the road by future customers. Even a product on market can change its perception and this particular style and scheme that was extremely popular has garnered a somewhat nefarious connotation all on its own. I was just trying to suggest that even if you like it, it carries a stigma and it might not be very client friendly. A good example of something that happened here, when California decided to reissue the famous black license plate, which signified classic cars, the good ole days, and postivtivity, has turned into a negative perception overnight and now no one wants them because they don’t want to look like they’re from out-of-town or get pulled over by the police. Brand perception is real, and it can be unfortunate. But it is what it is. And it can be costly.
thanks for the clarification.

clearly, this is something that I do think about. my current sport is all blacked out with matte rear-views, grill, and 22" wheels.

And keep in mind I live in Jersey. I am more worried about a Ranger Rover in Red than I am in this. The other option was a gray with the black package, and that appeared to me to stand out that much more as the black lines really contrasted the gray.

and fwiw, every single manufacturer I have built a car with (online) has a midnight or black package. I have been blacking out my wheels since way before they were in style. since before it was easy to just powder coat something or go to any shop and get them in black. it is something I always liked. but clearly, based on every manufacturer now offering it, it is something that has caught on pretty hard.

anyway...

Old 10 October 2019, 05:38 AM   #106
JK2Raptor
"TRF" Member

All great choices. My wife and I drove a G550 right after it came out. Pretty nice. The dealer even gave us an allocation to order one in our color preference. We almost did it, but I had a hard time swallowing the price. She had an LR LR4 that she absolutely loved, but it was always at the dealer for electrical problems. Got rid of it right as it went out of warranty. Her current vehicle is an Infiniti QX80. Pretty low tech for me, but she likes it. Might get her the new Defender when it comes out.

I went from a Jeep Wrangler to a Ford Raptor. Absolutely love it...what a beast. Never thought I’d own a truck, but it’s too practical and comfortable to get rid of now. Going to definitely check out the new Audi RS6 Avant though. So glad they are finally bringing it to the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JK2Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 05:56 AM   #107
Laszlo

Quote:
thanks for the clarification.

clearly, this is something that I do think about. my current sport is all blacked out with matte rear-views, grill, and 22" wheels.

And keep in mind I live in Jersey. I am more worried about a Ranger Rover in Red than I am in this. The other option was a gray with the black package, and that appeared to me to stand out that much more as the black lines really contrasted the gray.

and fwiw, every single manufacturer I have built a car with (online) has a midnight or black package. I have been blacking out my wheels since way before they were in style. since before it was easy to just powder coat something or go to any shop and get them in black. it is something I always liked. but clearly, based on every manufacturer now offering it, it is something that has caught on pretty hard.

anyway...
I go through the same things when trying to decide on the car and color combinations. How will it be perceived etc, etc. it can drive you crazy. Before picking up my white Q7 with shadow pack (it’s a great package on all cars/trucks) I was signing the paperwork on an all black one. But because of some miscommunications that deal feel through. And I loved that thing. But in hindsight the white one ended up being better for me, and the shadow pack with matte gray wheels ended up being amazing looking without pushing it too much. It kinda ended up looking nefarious enough but with a little subtlety that was more an all around blend especially for this extremely opinionated town. Anyway I do love your choice on the FFRR. It’s such a great SUV if not the very best.

Old 11 October 2019, 05:23 PM   #108
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I go through the same things when trying to decide on the car and color combinations. How will it be perceived etc, etc. it can drive you crazy. Before picking up my white Q7 with shadow pack (it’s a great package on all cars/trucks) I was signing the paperwork on an all black one. But because of some miscommunications that deal feel through. And I loved that thing. But in hindsight the white one ended up being better for me, and the shadow pack with matte gray wheels ended up being amazing looking without pushing it too much. It kinda ended up looking nefarious enough but with a little subtlety that was more an all around blend especially for this extremely opinionated town. Anyway I do love your choice on the FFRR. It’s such a great SUV if not the very best.
All that matters is how you perceive it.

Unless you get fired for looking like a "drug dealer" in an all black car...might be a bad idea.

Personally all my cars are spec'd to my liking, don't care what others think.
PPFANBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2019, 05:42 PM   #109
george_a
"TRF" Member

Can't go wrong with the X5. Drives great specially the 50i V8 version and the tech is second to non.
george_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 12:25 AM   #110
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Let's see if a bump can get Seth to update with some pics
Old 17 October 2019, 02:54 AM   #111
Ballzzz

I think he goes RR unless it gets sold.

Tahoe is cool but a very different type of cool.
Old 17 October 2019, 05:52 AM   #112
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

I had trouble deciding. So as the forum likes to suggest, I got both.

The Raptor for work, which I’ll outfit with my logo. The Range which I’ll put a stealth matte wrap on for to and from and weekend fun.

Old 17 October 2019, 06:03 AM   #113
wiswrist
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Awesome, Seth! Congrats!

What are your overall impressions of the Raptor? How’s the build quality?
Old 17 October 2019, 06:08 AM   #114
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac10000 View Post
Awesome, Seth! Congrats!

What are your overall impressions of the Raptor? How’s the build quality?
Thank you.

And the raptor is a really nice car. Build quality is top notch. So far, I’m very impressed. It’s a V6 and it’s a shockingly comfortable ride. It’s extremely smooth on the road. Which I’m almost disappointed about. There is literally no rumble to it. That’s easily corrected, but for such a beast of a vehicle, I’d have thought it would have some growl to it. Way fast enough at 450 hp.

No complaints tho. It’s a perfect work vehicle and will draw attention for the right reasons. The logo goes on this Friday.

Old 17 October 2019, 06:17 AM   #115
RLX_NY
"TRF" Member

that's a good motto, when in doubt buy both lol. congrats on the pickups Seth sweet rides
Old 17 October 2019, 06:27 AM   #116
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I had trouble deciding. So as the forum likes to suggest, I got both.

The Raptor for work, which I’ll outfit with my logo. The Range which I’ll put a stealth matte wrap on for to and from and weekend fun.
Congrats,my friend!
G8RDPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 06:32 AM   #117
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLX_NY View Post
that's a good motto, when in doubt buy both lol. congrats on the pickups Seth sweet rides
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RDPM View Post
Congrats,my friend!
Thanks guys!!!

Appreciate it.

Old 17 October 2019, 06:32 AM   #118
JK2Raptor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you.

And the raptor is a really nice car. Build quality is top notch. So far, I’m very impressed. It’s a V6 and it’s a shockingly comfortable ride. It’s extremely smooth on the road. Which I’m almost disappointed about. There is literally no rumble to it. That’s easily corrected, but for such a beast of a vehicle, I’d have thought it would have some growl to it. Way fast enough at 450 hp.

No complaints tho. It’s a perfect work vehicle and will draw attention for the right reasons. The logo goes on this Friday.

Ha, congrats! I love my Raptor and it’s still stock. Now you need to join the Ford Raptor Forum (FRF), check out all the ways to add rumble to it and turn it into an even bigger beast.

JK2Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 06:42 AM   #119
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK2Raptor View Post
Ha, congrats! I love my Raptor and it’s still stock. Now you need to join the Ford Raptor Forum (FRF), check out all the ways to add rumble to it and turn it into an even bigger beast.

That’s just great. Another damned forum.

I’m actually definitely going to do that. Thanks for the info.

Def keeping it stock for the foreseeable future. It’s awesome just the way it is. A very impressive vehicle.

Old 17 October 2019, 06:45 AM   #120
wiswrist
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thank you.

Sounds good! Looking forward to some more pics!

I’m considering getting a Raptor next year. A lot of Porsche GT guys have them as daily drivers and love them.