The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 October 2019, 11:42 AM   #31
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawirider View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. Another question...I don’t really want to start another thread. So I have a couple other interested buyers. They want to meet at a jeweler to get it verified. I am 100% fine with that. I have nothing to worry about and I want the buyer to be fully satisfied and happy. The only thing is I know a lot of jewelers will want to remove the case back. I’m ok with this too, but I don’t want to have my watch opened if the buyer is not serious. Is there any agreement you guys come upon when selling a watch? I would love to tell the gentleman that if he 100 percent wants the watch, once the case is removed and it is indeed verified to be authentic than the watch is his. But of course words are just that, words. What I’m getting at is I just don’t want my watch opened countless times for no reason. This whole watch selling thing seems like a hassle. I guess this is why it’s easiest to sell to a trusted reseller. But the last couple offers on my watch were much lower than I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trading it in is far easier even with a loss. Dealing with PITA and OCD buyers is even worse. No different than trying to sell a car. Cheaper watches are much easier but expensive ones not so easy.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 11:47 AM   #32
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys. Another question...I don’t really want to start another thread. So I have a couple other interested buyers. They want to meet at a jeweler to get it verified. I am 100% fine with that. I have nothing to worry about and I want the buyer to be fully satisfied and happy. The only thing is I know a lot of jewelers will want to remove the case back. I’m ok with this too, but I don’t want to have my watch opened if the buyer is not serious. Is there any agreement you guys come upon when selling a watch? I would love to tell the gentleman that if he 100 percent wants the watch, once the case is removed and it is indeed verified to be authentic than the watch is his. But of course words are just that, words. What I’m getting at is I just don’t want my watch opened countless times for no reason. This whole watch selling thing seems like a hassle. I guess this is why it’s easiest to sell to a trusted reseller. But the last couple offers on my watch were much lower than I want.

Dont take this the wrong way, but I don’t think selling watches is for you. The questions you are asking are precisely why people sell to watch dealers at a lower price.
Old 15 October 2019, 04:52 PM   #33
rolehex
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Here is what I would do.
  • Mention your concern about not wanting to have your watch opened up many times for "tire kickers".
  • Meet at jeweler.
  • Have buyer examine the watch before being opened up.
  • If the buyer likes the watch, then the deal is made right then and money is exchanged.
  • Then you have the jeweler open it up in front of you both, (that watch is never out of your site.)
  • The money will be returned, IF and only IF, the watch is NOT authentic.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 08:29 PM   #34
Kawirider
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
Dont take this the wrong way, but I don’t think selling watches is for you. The questions you are asking are precisely why people sell to watch dealers at a lower price.

No offense taken. I sold a lot of motorcycles and vehicles on Craigslist so I’m familiar with selling, but I admit selling watches is a bit of a hassle. I’ll give it a couple more weeks and if I get fed up I’ll just deal with the loss.

Kawirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 08:30 PM   #35
Kawirider
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolehex View Post
Here is what I would do.
  • Mention your concern about not wanting to have your watch opened up many times for "tire kickers".
  • Meet at jeweler.
  • Have buyer examine the watch before being opened up.
  • If the buyer likes the watch, then the deal is made right then and money is exchanged.
  • Then you have the jeweler open it up in front of you both, (that watch is never out of your site.)
  • The money will be returned, IF and only IF, the watch is NOT authentic.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. I think it’s pretty reasonable for both parties. Now let’s hope the buyer agrees. Lol

Kawirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 08:39 PM   #36
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
i met a seller at Chase and took her to the teller window with me, so she could see the Chase employee certifying my check in front of her.
Why is your buyer bringing a check with him, when he should do it on site at the bank with you.. just saying
Exactly this.

I’ve done two watch deals this way and the teller certifies the check while we are both present. No problem with using this whatsoever.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote