The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 24 April 2021, 06:27 AM   #1
EconTigerOrange
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 MKI
Watchfinder USA

I’ve been on the hunt for a Panerai 233 dot dial or a 335. I found a 233 dot dial on Watchfinder’s web-site with “Box, No Papers”. The price was high, but I kept an eye on it. Once they dropped the price, I placed the order. Due to them being slow to update me on the status of the order, I had some more time to think about it. I sent an e-mail to cancel the order since the price really wasn’t a great deal - I’ve seen better here.

The manager immediately called and e-mailed asking why I wanted to cancel. I told him it was due to the pricing. He said he would see what he could do with regards to pricing and would get back to me. He ended up offering “a $300 refund as long with any Panerai strap of my choice”. I said if he could also throw in a buckle and the quick change strap tool, that would work. His reply was, “Please consider this a done deal”.

The watch arrived, which I noticed was not the original box that a 233 comes with and it had a slight rough spot on the crown guard (manager said the watch was “pristine”. These issues alone had me considering a return. Shortly after the box arrived, I received an e-mail from the manager saying that the strap I selected was too expensive and they could only provide an extra rubber strap and NO buckle. Basically, he reneged on $460 that he said was “a done deal”.

The only positive is they accept returns for 14 days, so I told him this was going back to him immediately. Stay away from Watchfinder USA. I know I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EconTigerOrange is offline   Reply With Quote