The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 30 June 2021, 12:34 AM   #91
tk416
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
TimepieceGentlemen - Gone already or just revamping

Just wondering if anyone had any insight into why the Timepiece Gentlemens website and IG are down and out. Noticed that Anthony's instagram is gone as well as Marcos.

Could it all be over so soon?
tk416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 12:57 AM   #92
Daveclock
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing and waiting!
Are you sure you’re not just blocked?
Daveclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 01:04 AM   #93
pikers
"TRF" Member

I know they said something about a new website coming, maybe they are making the switch over to the new site.

There is also confusion regarding The Timepiece Gentleman vs. Gentleman Timepieces branding. They could be taking this time to do a bit of rebranding...it wouldn't be a terrible idea.
pikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 01:15 AM   #94
JodyHighroller
Banned

This happened around midnight. Anthony’s last Instagram story was something along the lines of “just when you think you’ve caught up to me or figured me out, I pivot”. Things have been brewing for awhile, I think this is the start of their legal troubles.

Can you imagine if you were a person who sent your watch as consignment or sent them a $2k “investment” for their big store that isn’t going to happen? Even if it is a stunt they harm their creditability tremendously pulling something like this. I personally think they’re gone especially given all the employees IG pages are deleted except Dylan.

Someone with an inflated ego like Anthony wouldn’t dare to delete his insta voluntarily given his following lol.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 01:18 AM   #95
tk416
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveclock View Post
Are you sure you’re not just blocked?
Yes…Weird response man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikers View Post
I know they said something about a new website coming, maybe they are making the switch over to the new site.

There is also confusion regarding The Timepiece Gentleman vs. Gentleman Timepieces branding. They could be taking this time to do a bit of rebranding...it wouldn't be a terrible idea.
Yeah makes sense, and the branding was confusing. For all those that contributed to their ask, hoping for the best. TBH I find Romans show Grey market way better to watch then TPG’s recent episodes.
tk416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 01:22 AM   #96
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Fountain View Post
I wouldn't put it past them to do this to pique people's imaginations. But if there was s a problem, how many will be left " holding the bag" so that speak. Anthony has always been a " popcorn fart in a skillet". He likes to appear that he is calm, cool & collected all of the time when in reality he is juggling more balls in the air than he cares to admit. He is unpredictable & just reacts to what is happening instead of being in control & preemptive.
This will end badly based upon his inability to actually run a company.
But as always, I'll be watching their new videos.
I agree, but a stunt like this would damage their creditability if it was all for rebranding. Not to mention all their employee IG pages are down including the website. The last IG page gentleman timepieces is gone too.

Can you imagine how those folks feel who sent their watches for consignment or for their store investment of $2k each?
Old 30 June 2021, 01:26 AM   #97
itspapi
"TRF" Member

I was considering sending one of my watches to them on consignment but changed my mind when I saw that they used the watches like it was their own.
itspapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 01:29 AM   #98
slipstitchpass
"TRF" Member

I was in touch with them this week. They told me they were upgrading or re-doing their system and they are no longer responding. Thank god i didnt send them a watch!
slipstitchpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 01:30 AM   #99
pikers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspapi View Post
I was considering sending one of my watches to them on consignment but changed my mind when I saw that they used the watches like it was their own.
I was in the same boat. I was considering using them to sell a watch but I actually got a better price from DavidSW.
pikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 01:37 AM   #100
OpusXIII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy, Hulk, DJ
It always bothered me that they did, in fact, treat their inventory as their own personal candy store. Sometimes even wearing several different watches on any given day. They received them pre-owned, only to wear and use them some more before selling them. Not cool in my book. And their lack of inventory control was atrocious. Anthony, well, he's Anthony. But never got a good vibe off of Marco. Combined, they just seemed like scam artists (to me).
Old 30 June 2021, 01:40 AM   #101
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Old 30 June 2021, 01:44 AM   #102
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
Pushing consignment sales instead of buying the watch is a sign of a cash flow problem. Personally I would never sell my watches on consignment. If the doors close (for whatever reason), your watch is gone.
Old 30 June 2021, 01:49 AM   #103
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusXIII View Post
It always bothered me that they did, in fact, treat their inventory as their own personal candy store. Sometimes even wearing several different watches on any given day. They received them pre-owned, only to wear and use them some more before selling them. Not cool in my book. And their lack of inventory control was atrocious. Anthony, well, he's Anthony. But never got a good vibe off of Marco. Combined, they just seemed like scam artists (to me).
everyone does this actually and it does seem sketchy. but if you look at any other greys on youtube they all wear different watches every day. i think i've only seen 1 of the youtube channels not do this
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 01:49 AM   #104
turkeysub93
"TRF" Member

The downfall of "Hype"?

One can only hope...
turkeysub93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 01:53 AM   #105
trout_thumper21
"TRF" Member

If they are rebranding, HUGE mistake not giving people a heads up. Imagine having a piece on consignment with them, or having sent cash for a piece you haven’t yet received. This is a big F-you to those people.

If I had to guess, they are being sued over the $2,000,000 “raise” (scam) and the court issued an injunction requiring all means of conducting business—i.e. Instagram and website—to be suspended or shut down.
trout_thumper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 01:54 AM   #106
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Revamping in grey market watch sales is very strange. To take down your site and Instagram before having something else built, also very strange. It was a matter of time before the entire thing imploded, i just thought it would be another year or two.

The YouTube channel was the worst idea he’s ever had. It gave direct insight into how poorly run that business is. Watching them wear their inventory is weird. I would buy a watch from those guys at 40% off. They are sketchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:00 AM   #107
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes, it's hipster
FWIW, their personal FB accounts are down as well. That doesn't inspire confidence.

Update: one of theirs is still up.
Old 30 June 2021, 02:01 AM   #108
dcla
"TRF" Member

I just went to their site and got a notification that it is now a private site (whatever that means)
dcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:01 AM   #109
P7M8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
IG shows, user not found on both of Anthony’s pages. Even if they were switching their website over, I don’t know why they would wipe their IG page clean. I would imagine that is how a lot of customers interact with them. Maybe they are rebranding?!
P7M8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:04 AM   #110
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
Hopefully there are not too many people with consigned watches....didn't
one guy from LA give them upwards of thirty or forty watches? Was on youtube about a month ago
Old 30 June 2021, 02:05 AM   #111
itspapi
"TRF" Member

Well, normally they release a new video on Tuesdays...
Old 30 June 2021, 02:06 AM   #112
itspapi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
Hopefully there are not too many people with consigned watches....didn't
one guy from LA give them upwards of thirty or forty watches? Was on youtube about a month ago
Correct! Anthony went to his house were he had multiple cases filled with watches...
Old 30 June 2021, 02:08 AM   #113
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by daOnlyBG View Post
FWIW, their personal FB accounts are down as well. That doesn't inspire confidence.

Some education (their words) on non-refundable deposits and consignment sales... I'd normally say good riddance but I bet many would like to get a hold of them as we speak...
minute_man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:08 AM   #114
cbalster
"TRF" Member

I don't care if they wear their inventory so long as it's not on consignment or sold as brand new. If I recall, they don't wear those watches which are consigned or brand new. This seems par for the course with every grey dealer if you follow the social medias.
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:09 AM   #115
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daOnlyBG View Post
The personal FB pages being deleted definitely seems like this is more than “rebranding”.
Old 30 June 2021, 02:10 AM   #116
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes, it's hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post

Some education (their words) on non-refundable deposits and consignment sales... I'd normally say good riddance but I bet many would like to get a hold of them as we speak...
Haha. I'm mistaken, Anthony's is still up.

Edited to add: so is the business's page, which is linked here.

They have contact info available in case anyone needs to reach out to them.
Old 30 June 2021, 02:18 AM   #117
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Jesus. None of you know anything about anything...like a bunch of old women hunting and pecking in the park and gossiping about blindly...

"I bet they did this" and "I bet they did that."

Worse than my wife's women's group - and they're bad.
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:22 AM   #118
turkeysub93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcut1 View Post
Jesus. None of you know anything about anything...like a bunch of old women hunting and pecking in the park and gossiping about blindly...

"I bet they did this" and "I bet they did that."

Worse than my wife's women's group - and they're bad.
Relax, bro
turkeysub93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:23 AM   #119
shkure
Banned

That $2 mil raise was such a scam. I cant believe they are enough gullible people out there to just hand over 2k to these clowns. I am EU based, but id assume even in America there is some sort of regulation when it comes to fundraising of that calibre to retail clients. I assume some sort of business plan/ prospectus filing is needed. But im sure these clowns didnt even check.

I hope they will get in trouble for that somehow.

shkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 02:24 AM   #120
El Patron
"TRF" Member

I inquired on how the process worked and sent them some pics of my collection. They said( Marco) that they don’t have the funds to purchase out right but would sell them one at a time. Or they can get a investor to purchase all or most of them at a discount. I was thinking to my self why don’t Anthony just sell his “ personal stash” if its really his, to help his business grow. Business 1st, the flex can wait once you have a good foundation. Seem to me it was backwards. I really thought one million bucks was pocket change to these guys, especially when they are wearing some supper high dollar stuff while just chilling around the city. I was very disappointed to say the least. I was hoping they would succeed since it would be another avenue to get hard to get pieces, I guess we shall see.

El Patron is offline   Reply With Quote