The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 3 January 2018, 01:07 PM   #1
Panerai311
"TRF" Member

Panerai PAM311 Service – A Panerai/Richemont Odyssey

Dear all, please let me introduce myself first. My name is Alex and I am a watch collector for more than 20 years with main focus on Rolex, IWC, Breitling, Omega and of course Panerai.

Last year this time, I was the “lucky” owner of Three Panerai watches. PAM212 (Flyback), PAM141 (Radiomir with JLC Movement) and PAM311 – Luminor 1950 8 Days Chrono Monopulsante GMT in Titan with tobacco dial and a price tag of nearly 18.000 Euro!

And today, I sit in front of my computer to write this story without having any Panerai on my wrist. PAM212 and PAM141 got sold by mid of last Year while the PAM311 is with Panerai/Richemont, since more than 12 months!
So please, let me share with you my lovely Odyssey with Panerai/Richemont, which has started last year 31st Jan 2017.

31st Jan 2017: I went to the Panerai Boutique to treat my beloved PAM311 with a nice service. The Boutique Manager told me “No Problem” and it would take up to 7 weeks before the watch will come back in good, working condition. Well, sounds promising and I can wear my other PAM’s in the meantime a bit more. So I agreed to the terms and I told the Boutique Manager NOT to polish the watch.
The watch has been in an excellent condition and fully functional when I did the hand over the watch to the Boutique. A nice Masterpiece without any flaws.

25th Feb 2017: I received an email in the afternoon:
“Dear Mr XXXXX,
We are pleased to inform that the reparation of your timepiece has been completed and is ready for collection at your earliest convenience.
Should you not be able to collect your product in person, please provide an authorization letter and a copy of your legal identification document for the person, which is foreseen to collect your product.
According to the agreed Quotation, the charge will be 800 USD.
Thank you and we look forward to your patronage!”
I went to the Boutique to pick up the watch, so far all good. Cannot see any damage and the watch has not been polished, perfect! What a great and fast service from Panerai/Richemont.

18th Mar 2017: The linear power reserve dial is showing 2 days of power reserve left but the watch stopped working.

10th Apr 2017: Back to the Boutique and explained the problem. Manager told me “No Problem” and it will take around 4 weeks to get if fixed. Panerai will of course cover the cost and repair the watch under Repair Warranty.

6th May 2017: Another email from the Panerai Boutique:
“Dear Mr XXXXX,
We are pleased to inform that the reparation of your timepiece has been completed and is ready for collection at your earliest convenience.
Should you not be able to collect your product in person, please provide an authorization letter and a copy of your legal identification document for the person, which is foreseen to collect your product”
Great! Watch has been repaired and I can jump into the car to pick it up again, what a nice day!
Went in to the Boutique with a bright smile and asked for my beloved PAM311. The sales lady went to a room to pick up my watch and came back after a couple of minutes to handover the watch. But hold on, what’s that? A complete scratched bezel!
I was shocked and my heart sank when I have seen the deep scary scratches on the bezel. I asked “how could that happen? Have you given the watch to a trainee?”
The sales lady gave me a prompt answer “that can happen from time to time but a nice quick polish should solve the problem within no time”.
I refused the offer to polish and asked to replace the whole bezel instead. The lady told me that cannot happen without approval and she would need to contact the Panerai Service Center first to ask for permissions, which could take a couple of days.

9th May 2017: Call from the Boutique, they offer me to polish the Bezel and the whole case! I refused the offer again and told them to replace the bezel only, since the case is in perfect condition still. They need to ask the Service Center again to get permissions to replace the bezel. (I was already wondering how “professional” Panerai work, and do they really care about customer?) The lady promised me to call me back by tomorrow, which was of course not the case.

13th May 2017: No feedback from the Boutique, so I had no other choice than driving there to check the status, again. As soon as I entered the Boutique Miss “that can happen from time to time” came around the corner to shake hands. She apologized and told me she completely forgot to call me back. But I should not be worried anymore, the Bezel will be replaced and the case not polished. Okay, I cannot wait to see the result.

2nd Jun 2017: Email from Miss “that can happen from time to time”.
“Dear Mr XXXXX,
Good day.
We thank you for your patience and are pleased to inform that the reparation of your timepiece has been completed and is ready for collection at your earliest convenience.
Should you not be able to collect your product in person, please provide an authorization letter and a copy of your legal identification document for the person, which is foreseen to collect your product”
Back to the car and all the way to the Boutique, again. I did enter the Boutique and Miss “that can happen from time to time” did welcome me with a big, bright smile. Dear Mr. XXXXX we are so happy to inform you that your watch has been fixed and the bezel replaced.

Yeah, and she was absolutely right, the bezel has been replaced and was super shiny. But Stop, what is that mark on the titanium case between 4 and 5 o’clock? A huge, deep, fat and super ugly scratch along the case! I asked them how this could happen again and if Panerai/Richemont has no proper Quality control in place. No answer.

The Boutique Manager went to his room and came back with a small camera. He did start the cam and scrolled through some pictures until he found the pics that he would like to show me. Mr. XXXXX, please have a look on those pictures, can you see all the small scratches around the case? We have removed those and the watch looks now much better than before.
I asked him “why did you polish my watch without any approval?” He became silent.
But something was not right and felt super strange. So I asked him to show me the pics with the serial number of the watch on his cam. And here we go, he did show me pictures of a PAM311 but not MY PAM311! It was a watch from somebody else with a complete different serial number.So I told him that watch is not mine and he started to search his cam again to find my watch. And after a minute, he could find my watch, without any scratches on the case!
He apologized again and did offer me to polish the whole watch. I asked him if I should leave my watch for the trainee program at the Panerai/Richemont Service Center.
I refused to polish the watch otherwise it might come back with pink colored hands or plastic pusher button.
I told him as well that I will leave not my watch for another terrible service and that I prefer to wear it with this ugly, from Panerai produced, scratch instead.
A clean up of my collection will be made in addition and to sale any watches from Panerai asap.
I left the Boutique and was very sad what Panerai/Richemont has done to my watch….but the story is not over, yet.

19th Jun 2017: I did try to wind up the linear power reserve hand to 8 days but it did stop at 6 days instead. No other choice than going back to the Boutique again but this time I raised the request to send the watch to Switzerland for proper Service, since I have enough of the local Panerai/Richemont service. And as usual: no polishing!

27th Jul 2017: Email from Panerai:
“Dear Mr XXXXX,
Good day.
Thank you for your patience.
We would like to inform you that we will proceed to service your timepiece under Repair Warranty.
From the Boutique level, we have informed the Service Center and our Swiss Manufacturer, on your request for no Polishing on the timepiece.”
Complete Service:
•Movement diagnosis
•Complete dismantling of the case and movement
•If necessary, replacement of components
•Cleaning of the movement
•Complete reassembly and lubrication of the movement
•Demagnetization
•Movement regulation and timing specification values check
•Complete reassembly of the dial and hands
•Check of the parallelism between hands and dial
•Case, bracelet and crystal condition analysis
•Replacement of all the gaskets and recasing of the movement
•Aesthetical and cleanliness check
•Water resistance test
•Braceletstrap fitting (where applicable)
•Power reserve and movement functions tests (3 days minimum)
•Overall aesthetical check of the product
•Exchange hands
•Exchange barrel
•Exchange dial
At this time the watch has received 3 full service within the last 6 months! Complete reassembled and put together again. How would you feel if your car garage is reassembling your car’s engine 3 times within the last 6 months? Would you plan big journeys with the same car still?
Anyway, time for service: around 14 weeks.

10th Nov 2017: Email from Panerai:
Dear Mr XXXXX,

Into the car and to the Boutique again. What will be wrong this time? Watch will fall apart as soon as I use the mono-pusher button?
I arrived at the Boutique and entered the room. The Boutique Manager came upfront and told me “Sorry, but we have a problem to open our safe. A technical Expert has been informed to solve the problem and I should come back in 90 Minutes”. Oh well, what should I do in the next 90 minutes? Go to the Rolex store and buy a proper working watch instead ;-)

Back to the store to pick up the watch, no scratches at the Bezel and no scratches on the case either. But hold on, how could this be? The watch should have a lovely, fat, deep and for free Panerai Service Center scratch between 4 and 5 o’clock.
What did happen? And yes, my nightmare become true – they polished my watch, even without my approval! At that moment the world did fall apart again.
I asked the Boutique Manager how this could happen and he told me that I approved the polish procedure. I told him that I did not and showed him all of my Panerai papers within the last couple of months. There was never ever any approval for polishing the case.
Well, he did apologize again and I left the store with a “fucked up” Panerai Watch. Bezel replaced, Case polished and 3 times reassembled. Where is the joy to wear such a fake watch, assembled by replacement parts?
At least I was feeling happy to have sold my PAM212 and PAM141 already.

30th Nov 2017: I did try to wind up the power reserve linear hand and it stopped at 6 days, again! How could that be? It has been in holy holy holy Switzerland for 14 weeks to get repaired. Or maybe not?
So I have sent an email to the Panerai Concierge Service in Europe to find out what is going on. A couple of days I received some feedback, in German:
Sehr geehrter Herr XXXXX,
herzlichen Dank für Ihre Geduld.
Unsere zuständige Abteilung hat bereits recherchiert jedoch können wir anhand Ihrer Nummern nur eine Reparatur nach XXXXXXXXXXX verfolgen.
Könnten Sie uns freundlicherweise bestätigen, in welchem Land/ Markt Sie Ihren Zeitmesser für eine Reparatur eingereicht haben?“
In other words: they can see that I have given the watch to my local Boutique for Service, but cannot confirm the watch has ever been in Switzerland, yet.

8th Dec 2017: Another Email from the Concierge Service in Europe:
“Sehr geehrter Herr XXXXX,
herzlichen Dank für Ihre Geduld.
Auf diesem Wege möchten wir Sie fragen, ob Sie zurzeit in Deutschland wohnhaft sind oder uns freundlicherweise eine Anschrift in Deutschland mitteilen können?
Dann kann unser zuständiges Service Center eine Abholung Ihres Zeitmessers veranlassen“
They ask me if I live in Germany and would be able to share my address with them. They would like to pick up my watch for Service….
I did send another email to Panerai/Richemont to explain the whole topic, again.

13th Dec 2017: Email from Richemont Northern Europe:
"Sehr geehrter Herr XXXXX,
ich nehme Bezug auf Ihre Beschwerde an unser Kundencenter. Wir verstehen Ihren Unmut über die bisherige Situation und die Geschichte Ihrer Uhr. Ich habe heute Morgen mit XXXXX telefoniert um mich auf den aktuellen Stand der Dinge bringen zu lassen.
Die Aussage die Uhr war NIE in der Schweiz ist falsch. Diese hat bereits die Manufaktur dort besucht. Meine Kollegen haben mir mitgeteilt dass Sie aktuell die Lautstärke Ihres Lünettenklickringes stört. Wir möchten versuchen die Probleme schnell und unkompliziert zu lösen, können Sie mir kurz die aktuell auftretenden Probleme bei Ihrer PAM00311 schildern?
Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe, und zögern Sie nicht uns zu kontaktieren falls Sie noch Fragen haben.
Mit vielen Grüßen
xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
Teamleiter Customer Service | Richemont Northern Europe GmbH”

They have called my local Boutique to get further details about the problem. In addition, they confirm the watch has been in Switzerland for Service. (Than why the same problem still?)
My local Boutique told Richemont Northern Europe that I have trouble with the click of the bezel (Lünettenklickringes)Oh well, I wonder if the Team leader of Customer Service has ever hold a PAM311 in his hands. Click of Bezel, so funny….
He asked me as well to explain all the problems, again.

15th Dec 2017: Email from Richemont Nothern Europe again:
“Sehr geehrter Herr XXXXX,
ich verstehe Ihre Unzufriedenheit. Im Grunde genommen bin ich nicht Ihr Ansprechpartner, aber um eine zufriedenstellende Lösung für alle Parteien zu finden bemühe ich mich gerne die entstandenen Probleme zu lösen. Ich habe nur eine Frage an Sie, inwiefern die Uhr nicht läuft nach der Intervention der Schweiz? Ist die Gangreserveanzeige immer noch nicht funktionabel? Der Vorfall mit der Politur ist sehr ärgerlich und soweit nicht zu entschuldigen.
Parallel zu meiner Email habe ich bereits die Manufaktur kontaktiert bezüglich den verwendeten Ersatzteile für die Reparatur Ihrer Uhr vor Ort. Zusätzlich möchte unser Panerai Uhrmachermeister Ihnen auch gerne anbieten diese nochmal in unserem Haus unter die Lupe zu nehmen.
Wir werden uns um eine schnelle und zufriedenstellende Lösung bemühen. Ich bedanke mich für Ihre Antwort im Voraus und wünsche Ihnen einen erfolgreichen Rest der Woche.
Falls Sie noch Fragen haben, zögern Sie nicht uns zu kontaktieren.
Mit vielen Grüßen"
He is trying hard to solve the problem and he apologize for the not approved polishing of the case. He will try to get some replacement parts for my watch to guarantee a proper repair at my local Panerai Service Center.

29th Dec 2017: Email from my beloved local Boutique:
"Good day.
We thank you for your email and patience.
From the Boutique level, in our absence, we checked with our Swiss Manufacturer and they have reverted.
On your concerns, please allow us to address it accordingly:
1. We apologize for proceeding with the dial replacement, thou it was provided as complimentary. Indeed, we only had our client’s best interest in mind, in their benefit.
2. On its polishing concern, our Manufacturer have confirmed that no polishing was done, as we had alerted them on your request. Hence, only cleaning was done on your timepiece.
Thou it was stated on the Billing summary upon your collection, it was omitted to be removed on our end. Again, we apologize for the error, and only to cause anxiety to you.
3. Lastly, regards to the “Automatic clicking sound”, our Manufacturer urged for your timepiece to be transferred back to them. For their further investigate for analysis, and to enlighten the concern.
From the view of the Service Center and our Swiss Manufacturer, they want to ensure that the timepiece is returned back to client in a good working order, internally and externally.
We trust that this information meets your needs and remain at your disposal, should you have any other enquiries or require further details.
We look forward to your favourable reply.
Again, thank you and wishing you and family a Merry Xmas and Happy 2018 ahead."

They write no polishing has been done but only cleaning instead. (Which is not true, it has been polished)
And, the watch needs to go back to Switzerland again, another Service is calling.
To be continued….

I am not sure what I should say but such a bad service should not exist. If I would deliver such service to my customers, I would be gone by now and kicked out by my company. We don’t talk about a 100 Euro watch from China, we talk about an 18.000 Euro time piece from holy Switzerland with highly paid managers and watchmakers.

I did try to contact my local Panerai Brand Manager or even the Big Boss Lady from Richemont in my country. Unfortunately, without any luck. I assume they are too busy to buy proper watches during Xmas time. Like for example watches from Rolex or Patek, but for sure not from Panerai.

I have given a perfect working watch without any damage or scratches to Panerai for a simple Service. And now, nearly 12 months later I wear a Rolex Daytona on my wrist.
The PAM311 has received a new dial, new hands, new barrels, new bezel, a complete polish without my approval and got reassembled 5 times so far. And the watch is still not working and somewhere between Timbuktu and the Moon to wait for another Service.

The watch does not belong to me anymore and I will have no pleasure to wear it. Panerai/Richemont has taken my watch apart, including all the history and experience that I had with that watch! And I paid 800 USD to get trash back, thank you Panerai and Richemont….never again.

Regards,
Alexander
Panerai311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2018, 05:14 PM   #2
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Wow, I guess I’ll be the first one to say this is way bold for a first post...sorry to hear but I don’t think this is common...
ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2018, 05:37 PM   #3
Panerai311
"TRF" Member

Yes, it is not common and it should never ever happen. But unfortunately it did!

Some other colleagues from a German Watch Forum faced similar problems with the Panerai Service.

Kind regards,
Alexander

PS I will be able to post some pics after I have reached the "10 posting qualification".
Old 4 January 2018, 12:31 AM   #4
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
my question is why did you wait so long and how come you haven't been in touch with anyone in senior mgmt at panerai?

germany has a great risti community who probably can help you identify who you need to speak with.

the limited experience i've had with pasc has been 180 degrees from you, always on time never an issue. 4 week average tat.

i guess the old adage is true....if it ain't broke, don't fix it

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2018, 06:12 AM   #5
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcourt View Post
my question is why did you wait so long and how come you haven't been in touch with anyone in senior mgmt at panerai?

germany has a great risti community who probably can help you identify who you need to speak with.

the limited experience i've had with pasc has been 180 degrees from you, always on time never an issue. 4 week average tat.

i guess the old adage is true....if it ain't broke, don't fix it

x2

I guess I don't understand supposedly suffering through all this for a year without figuring out how to complain to the right people, and then registering on Internet forums just to post this long and elaborate story.

While Panerai service isn't perfect, no brand's service is perfect, including Rolex. What is for sure is that stories like this are ultra-rare, given that no similar posts exist.

Just my two cents.... good luck.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2018, 06:52 AM   #6
Dan2010
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
x2

I guess I don't understand supposedly suffering through all this for a year without figuring out how to complain to the right people, and then registering on Internet forums just to post this long and elaborate story.

While Panerai service isn't perfect, no brand's service is perfect, including Rolex. What is for sure is that stories like this are ultra-rare, given that no similar posts exist.

Just my two cents.... good luck.
And because of the OPs post it will continue to spread around the internet how horrible Panerai service is, which of course, it is not. I am sorry for the OPs problems but it certainly isn't an epidemic problem.
Dan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2018, 07:01 AM   #7
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

I read your post and felt your pain through the ordeal. Sorry to hear, I am also attached to some of my watches. While it should not matter, the Pam’s complication threw off the technicians, or at least it seems that way. I do not know the typical procedures for sending Panerai watch for service (have only 1 Pam fairly new), but I sent my Rolex always to RSC directly to avoid AD sending the watch for me and messing up my requests.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2018, 07:19 AM   #8
nick c
Banned

Welcome aboard, I’m sorry to hear that, I seen you posted also on Paneristi.com
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2018, 12:43 PM   #9
Panerai311
"TRF" Member

Well, something did not go well. So why not posting some facts how Panerai is handling is such a topic and "throw" the first stone?
If nobody speaks up loud, how should Panerai/Richemont know that something is wrong with their service?

I did not mention the name of the Boutique or People who are involved in that topic and I did not show with a Lawyer either. (I assume most of you would do after second service already)

Sending an private letter to Panerai may get their attention but for me is it more important to make the collectors aware that something is not right!

I mean you bring a perfect working and superb shiny car to your garage for an easy service. And what you get back is a car with scratched hood and demolished engine. And you even paid a hell of money for that!

If the service would be professional, my watch would be back on my wrist by now. But in the case above, Panerai did not even know in which country my watch has been for Service and they are not able to fix the problem either.

If you are happy and satisfied with your Service Center, than all good. I wonder how you would react if the case above would happen to you as well...

Kind regards,
Alexander
Old 4 January 2018, 02:26 PM   #10
Tha Baron
"TRF" Member

Man sorry to hear that. I guess if it was me I’d think reliving all that in 4,000 word post would have made me more mad. Glad you’ve moved on
Tha Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2018, 01:19 PM   #11
Panerai311
"TRF" Member

Quick update: I had a very friendly discussion with the Managing Director of Panerai yesterday AND I got my watch back!

In addition:
- Money back for the Service Charge
- 2 Years additional guarantee
- 1 Service for Free
- Panerai Yachting Bag

Thanks a lot to Mr. Fauchille for an open, easy going conversation. I wish I could have that last year already....

Cheers,
Alexander

PS I will keep you up to date in terms of the Power Reserve issue
Old 1 February 2018, 03:02 AM   #12
Statos
"TRF" Member

Im glad you finally got connected with the right person and he took care of you. Now you know who to contact if the watch has more issues. If it does I would request a brand new watch.
Statos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2018, 05:17 AM   #13
Doctock
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
This is an unfortunate story, but not unheard of from other major brands as well.
I have a similar story involving my Glashutte Original Sport Evolution.
Quick version: Crown came off in my hand - brought it to Swatch brand AD (huge store in high-end mall in central Las Vegas strip) and requested Swiss service (NOT New Jersey - long past history of VERY bad service from Omega in NJ). Watch came back from service not working. Sent off again - came back with bracelet badly scratched. Sent back - tried to charge me for polishing bracelet & fortunately manager at store fought the charges on my behalf. Didn't have the watch for over 10 months total.

Interestingly - used the same Swatch AD for Omega service on a Speedmaster (Schumacher era) - the AD sent the watch to a non-factory service center and all service (full overhaul with repair of malfunctioning month indicator, crystal replacement, gaskets, etc) took 3 weeks and was done correctly the first time and for less than 1/2 the Omega repair center estimate.
Doctock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2018, 12:22 PM   #14
holdtime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statos View Post
Im glad you finally got connected with the right person and he took care of you. Now you know who to contact if the watch has more issues. If it does I would request a brand new watch.
I would have demanded a new watch after the first problem.
holdtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2018, 01:43 PM   #15
Panerai311
"TRF" Member

Here we go again!

Watch has been send to Panerai Boutique, again. And as usual: no response from the Panerai Team.

Read the story here: watches(dot)tigi(dot)me/panerai/
Old 14 June 2018, 02:44 PM   #16
twoweeled
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner Hulk
I have read more than a couple of stories similar to this. Maybe not to this extent, but enough to feel this is not extremely rare. Finding the correct person is not always easy to do, either. I have been thinking about where I will be sending mine for service. I've also read, finding someone to service them is difficult and getting parts is near impossible. If I have even the first phase of problems you had, I will sell my watch and never return. Love the watch, looks and I've not had problems to this point - but I minimize my problems when possible. I'll take a loss on the watch, and post everywhere I can think of, to help others avoid this type of hell. Paying this kind of money for a watch deserves a lot more than what took place here, and Panerai deserves to pay a price if they are not taking care of customers paying money like this for a watch. Everyone has problems and no one is perfect, but no company should be remotely close to this horrible. Especially a watch company charging roughly $10K for steel. I think many of us combine, what should be exceptional customer as part of the equation in the price of these watches.
twoweeled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 01:50 AM   #17
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoweeled View Post
I have read more than a couple of stories similar to this. Maybe not to this extent, but enough to feel this is not extremely rare. Finding the correct person is not always easy to do, either. I have been thinking about where I will be sending mine for service. I've also read, finding someone to service them is difficult and getting parts is near impossible. If I have even the first phase of problems you had, I will sell my watch and never return. Love the watch, looks and I've not had problems to this point - but I minimize my problems when possible. I'll take a loss on the watch, and post everywhere I can think of, to help others avoid this type of hell. Paying this kind of money for a watch deserves a lot more than what took place here, and Panerai deserves to pay a price if they are not taking care of customers paying money like this for a watch. Everyone has problems and no one is perfect, but no company should be remotely close to this horrible. Especially a watch company charging roughly $10K for steel. I think many of us combine, what should be exceptional customer as part of the equation in the price of these watches.
in the overall scheme of things this situation is extremely rare and not exclusive to panerai. there are horror stories from all watch makers.

the key is effective communication and setting a level expectation. i've never had an issue with pasc here in the usa but i also know if there would be one who to call and how to handle it. when people start demanding things that aren't reasonable that's where these situations go off the rails.

ymmv

chgo_risti on IG
Old 15 June 2018, 08:02 AM   #18
itsjknight
"TRF" Member

Quote:
in the overall scheme of things this situation is extremely rare and not exclusive to panerai. there are horror stories from all watch makers.

the key is effective communication and setting a level expectation. i've never had an issue with pasc here in the usa but i also know if there would be one who to call and how to handle it. when people start demanding things that aren't reasonable that's where these situations go off the rails.

ymmv
Totally agree. I’ve had a few horror stories with Rolex service centers.
itsjknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 09:53 AM   #19
Foxiness
"TRF" Member

I had problems with service in nyc panerai boutique. Watch was never fixed after sending it in twice and case got scratched. I think I’m done with pams only a 233 left, once it needs service I don’t know what to do with it, sell or going through hell with Panerai service
Foxiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 09:53 AM   #20
multimedia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Couldn’t agree more. Same goes for other industries where there’s a service component involved. First thing that comes to mind: cars...

Cheers,
Joe
Old 15 June 2018, 09:56 AM   #21
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I hope your experience was an anomaly.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 11:52 AM   #22
twoweeled
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxiness View Post
I had problems with service in nyc panerai boutique. Watch was never fixed after sending it in twice and case got scratched. I think I’m done with pams only a 233 left, once it needs service I don’t know what to do with it, sell or going through hell with Panerai service
LOL! That's the way I'm feeling, and I haven't even taken mine in yet. I've read and heard about too many incidents similar to this. Not to this extent, but even to experience 30% of what he did, is unacceptable. To experience all he did, is a total disregard for the customer. I was told by a couple of true Paneristi to consider a Panerai with an ETA movement instead of in-house precisely because of this. Oh well, live and learn.
twoweeled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 01:57 AM   #23
Foxiness
"TRF" Member

I don't know how a luxury brand can be like this...
Foxiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 09:17 AM   #24
itsjknight
"TRF" Member

How about a Rolex sub returned from service with a huge thumbprint under the crystal and a piece of lint floating around too. Both could be seen with the naked eye. I returned it to them to fix those issues and it came back with the case scratched up.
itsjknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 11:11 AM   #25
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxiness View Post
I don't know how a luxury brand can be like this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjknight View Post
How about a Rolex sub returned from service with a huge thumbprint under the crystal and a piece of lint floating around too. Both could be seen with the naked eye. I returned it to them to fix those issues and it came back with the case scratched up.
happens to all of them....

chgo_risti on IG
Old 8 March 2019, 09:27 AM   #26
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
This is no anomaly with Panerai/Richemont. I sent my PAM141 to the US service center for a known problem (crown/date wheel issue) and it came back with a scratch on the back of the case. The watch was absolutely pristine. I contacted them and they didn't give two s**ts. I avoid anything "made" by Richemont, they are the single worst watch conglomerate.
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2019, 01:25 AM   #27
Vbmrk
"TRF" Member

Perhaps I’m the exception? Dropped off my 514 a few months ago in person at the nyc boutique to have the movement serviced (the hour hand was basically off). Within a week or two the woman who took my watch at the boutique emailed me to let me know of the costs up front. Once I accepted she gave PSC the green light. Roughly two weeks later I received my watch from UPS at my doorstep. Basically a month all in with no issues.
Given the plethora of PSC horror stories I’ve read here over the years, it’s needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.
Vbmrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 04:22 AM   #28
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbmrk View Post
Perhaps I’m the exception? Dropped off my 514 a few months ago in person at the nyc boutique to have the movement serviced (the hour hand was basically off). Within a week or two the woman who took my watch at the boutique emailed me to let me know of the costs up front. Once I accepted she gave PSC the green light. Roughly two weeks later I received my watch from UPS at my doorstep. Basically a month all in with no issues.
Given the plethora of PSC horror stories I’ve read here over the years, it’s needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.
i’ve had nothing but excellent service from pasc, these horror stories are few and far between but get all the attention.

chgo_risti on IG