The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 February 2018, 04:50 AM   #241
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max16013 View Post
Wow juicy..

Think it’s funny that y’all don’t think you’d run your Rolex business, if you had one, the exact same way.

Ofc you would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can guarantee you we wouldn't.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 04:56 AM   #242
Max16013
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 16013
Bob's Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
I can guarantee you we wouldn't.

If you were running a business that you wanted to last longer than a couple weeks you’d have too!

Price may be low, but everything seemed to be made clear to OP that it wasn’t a firm price and had potential to go down once received. OP has the right the be upset, but he wasn’t lied too or mislead.. and everyone else slandering based on OP venting is messed up lol.

Max16013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 05:55 AM   #243
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
If you were running a business that you wanted to last longer than a couple weeks you’d have too!

Price may be low, but everything seemed to be made clear to OP that it wasn’t a firm price and had potential to go down once received. OP has the right the be upset, but he wasn’t lied too or mislead.. and everyone else slandering based on OP venting is messed up lol.

Many of us have personal experience with Bob’s. It’s not slander if it’s true.

Do you work there?
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 06:14 AM   #244
Max16013
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Many of us have personal experience with Bob’s. It’s not slander if it’s true.

Do you work there?

Saying their scam artists is slander, do you disagree?

And no I don’t, but I purchased the only Rolex I own from them.

If every positive comment on this thread for bobs is viewed as someone who works there, is every negative comment one of their competitors?... Jeez

Max16013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 06:47 AM   #245
kevinsmitha813
"TRF" Member

re: Humbly Disagree

Thanks Abdullah

I'm sorry, but i cant agree. I've been a very happy customer 2x.

Their web site was the first site to publish both the "buy" and "sell" prices right there in plain view. They don't hide anything. They also have a 4.8 star rating on over 2400 real customer reviews here at ekomi. Google it.
There are a few 1 start reviews but they weren't very relevant.

Buy Prices: the watch i bought was priced at or below everyone else. The Sub was priced right about the same as David SW - $8295. David SW is at $8275. Only a $20 difference. But they have a great reputation and sell hundreds of watches every month despite how they unfairly get beat up here. I also like the fact that the watch they display is in stock.

Sell Prices: The were pretty straightforward with me on my trade in as well. I knew it was an Up To price: The form says it, the email offer said it, and the Rep on the phone stated it as well. They post it right here on their site for those who care to read: see sell form terms and conditions. Link on sell Rolex page.

I'm just chiming in here with my own personal experience. Just my humble opinion.
kevinsmitha813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 07:13 AM   #246
MonBK
Banned

Quote:

May I ask what business you're running so I can be safe staying away from it?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 07:46 AM   #247
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
May I ask what business you're running so I can be safe staying away from it?
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 11:03 AM   #248
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:

Offering someone a price for a watch after seeing high res pictures and knowing every detail of the watch and then saying “well we need to service it and it is missing a link” and whatever else they tried to sell me on is what I took issue with. To say “we didn’t notice it was missing a link and we need to buy one so we need to deduct $100” is one thing. But to follow that up with “we have to service every watch we get to resell it” and not factoring that into the offer that you initially give someone to get them to ship their watch is a suspect business practice at best. You know you have to service every one but don’t factor that in??? That is like a car dealer taking a trade in and selling it to me for $x price. Then coming back and saying “well we need to change the oil and clean every car we sell so we need $500 more than we agreed to”.

Then to have your main contact person go silent for an extended period of time unannounced due to a scheduled vacation and have no one backing them up is not good business when you are holding someone’s watch you haven’t paid for.

I got an apology. I got my watch back eventually and sold it to a TRF buyer that was thrilled and got a very fair deal.

On the Rolex selling end I would 100% trust Paul and Bob’s watches to send me an authentic Rolex that has been gone thru. And that has value. Their prices are clearly marked and if you agree to pay that have at it.

The bottom line, to me, is that my experience attempting to sell my watch to them is consistent with that of many other forum members and others I have talked to. I have never bought from them so I will not speak to that experience personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 02:57 PM   #249
JZD
"TRF" Member

Bob’s pretty much charges what an AD charges for retail for pre-ownedwatches.
JZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 10:01 PM   #250
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex day date
I don't agree that every business does that to survive as I have come across honest businesses with high ethics and they're in the business for a long time.

In my experience, they reduced the price from $2200 to $1600 with a BS logic that watch needed a service and did not have box. My watch was serviced by an AD (renowned AD) two weeks before I sent it to Bobs and I included the receipt and they knew beforehand that there was no box with it. Obviously, I refused and ended up selling it to another store for $2350. That store gave me a range of 2200-2400 and sent me wire payment of $2350 directly in my account. Bobs have questionable ethics in terms of buying/trading a watch.

Again, buying with them was a great experience but I will never sell my watch to them ever.
newbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 04:07 AM   #251
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee1 View Post
I don't agree that every business does that to survive as I have come across honest businesses with high ethics and they're in the business for a long time.

In my experience, they reduced the price from $2200 to $1600 with a BS logic that watch needed a service and did not have box. My watch was serviced by an AD (renowned AD) two weeks before I sent it to Bobs and I included the receipt and they knew beforehand that there was no box with it. Obviously, I refused and ended up selling it to another store for $2350. That store gave me a range of 2200-2400 and sent me wire payment of $2350 directly in my account. Bobs have questionable ethics in terms of buying/trading a watch.

Again, buying with them was a great experience but I will never sell my watch to them ever.
A lot can happen in 2 weeks..
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 05:35 AM   #252
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmartin View Post
A lot can happen in 2 weeks..

Lol true, unfortunately nothing happened :(

Old 23 February 2018, 06:36 AM   #253
FairTradeRep
"TRF" Member

Plenty of Glass Houses here. for example.

jvmartin > Is this the same Jesse Martinez from Time and Gems?

copy
Rolex Watch USA Inc v. Watch Empire LLC et al

Michael ‘Mike’ Davidi, Stephen - Steven Brown aka Jason Smith, Jessie Martinez aka David Reed and Parsa Namazi are operating a very detailed scam and you will notice the same pattern over and over again. Google "Time and Gems Fake" to read the lawsuit by Rolex. $5 million dollar judgment

See related Rolex Forums thread 108651

FINAL JUDGMENT AND PERMANENT INJUNCTION by Judge S. James Otero: Rolex shall have judgment against defendants Michael Davidi, Horological Appraisal Group, Watch Empire LLC. Within 30 days of entry of this judgment, Defendants shall pay to Rolex statutory damages under 15 U.S.C. § 1117(c) in the sum of $5,000,000, which constitutes $1,000,000 for each of the five counterfeit trademarks (ROLEX, CROWN DESIGN, DATEJUST, OYSTER PERPETUAL and SUBMARINER). Within 30 days of entry of this judgment, Defendants shall pay to Rolex attorneys fees under 15 U.S.C. 1117(a) in the sum of 103,600.00, the amount of which has been calculated according to Local Rule 55-3. (SEE DOCUMENT FOR OTHER SPECIFICS) (MD JS-6. Case Terminated) (lc)
FairTradeRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2018, 07:37 AM   #254
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairTradeRep View Post

copy

Michael ‘Mike’ Davidi, Stephen - Steven Brown aka Jason Smith, Jessie Martinez aka David Reed and Parsa Namazi are operating a very detailed scam and you will notice the same pattern over and over again. Google "Time and Gems Fake" to read the lawsuit by Rolex. $5 million dollar judgment

FINAL JUDGMENT AND PERMANENT INJUNCTION by Judge S. James Otero: Rolex shall have judgment against defendants Michael Davidi, Horological Appraisal Group, Watch Empire LLC. Within 30 days of entry of this judgment, Defendants shall pay to Rolex statutory damages under 15 U.S.C. § 1117(c) in the sum of $5,000,000, which constitutes $1,000,000 for each of the five counterfeit trademarks (ROLEX, CROWN DESIGN, DATEJUST, OYSTER PERPETUAL and SUBMARINER). Within 30 days of entry of this judgment, Defendants shall pay to Rolex attorneys fees under 15 U.S.C. 1117(a) in the sum of 103,600.00, the amount of which has been calculated according to Local Rule 55-3. (SEE DOCUMENT FOR OTHER SPECIFICS) (MD JS-6. Case Terminated) (lc)
That's quite an extrapolation
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2018, 08:54 AM   #255
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:

copy

No it's not... funny that you joined today and think you have some kind of groundbreaking info... gee, I wonder who this brand new poster can be????
Old 23 February 2018, 01:29 PM   #256
FairTradeRep
"TRF" Member

More Info on JVMartin

Copy:

Hello,

I want to inform you that I'm cheated out of $1850,00

timeandgems

This man pretends to be David Reed. (his real name is Jessie Martinez)

He has scammed people for thousands of dollars.

He also has all fake comments everywhere on google that people trust him.

check this here.

See Better Business Bureau

There are many people being scammed by this company.

do not buy some on the website

This man belongs in jail and goes into the jail

Do not buy!!!
Old 23 February 2018, 02:48 PM   #257
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
More Info on JVMartin

Copy:

Hello,

timeandgems

check this here.

Do not buy!!!

More fake news from a brand new bobs watches crusader... who I’m sure doesn’t have a dog in this hunt...

Old 24 February 2018, 03:49 AM   #258
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

bogus "estimates"...threats of legal action...now we have a Fusion GPS Dossier on one of his critics.

It's high comedy that Bob or Paul or whoever isn't smart enough to just let this die. Keep poking, I'm sure we'd love to hear from more of your customers, victims and marks.
hambone1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 08:54 AM   #259
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
More Info on JVMartin

Copy:

Hello,

timeandgems

check this here.

Do not buy!!!
How much is Bob’s paying you to try to pin this drivel on someone else?
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 09:09 AM   #260
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
How much is Bob’s paying you to try to pin this drivel on someone else?

Just keeps bringing the thread to the top of a search. Probably hoping to cause such a shit storm it gets the thread locked. Would have been easier to let it die, but here we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 01:22 PM   #261
FairTradeRep
"TRF" Member

Just Google "Time and Gems Jesse Martinez" to read up on jvmartin.

There is plenty of info there to discredit him.

( He won't reveal his real identity because its true )

BE CAREFUL DEALING WITH HIM UNLESS YOU WANT A FAKE ROLEX.
Old 25 February 2018, 01:28 PM   #262
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Just Google "Time and Gems Jesse Martinez" to read up on jvmartin.

There is plenty of info there to discredit him.

( He won't reveal his real identity because its true )

BE CAREFUL DEALING WITH HIM UNLESS YOU WANT A FAKE ROLEX.
Thats MIGHTY aggressive accusation!
Old 25 February 2018, 02:15 PM   #263
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Thats MIGHTY aggressive accusation!

Yeah.. especially for a guy whose 2 days old to the forums and appears to have come with a clear agenda to silence me... just to make things clear for everyone, the blog he is grabbing this information from is from a random guy I have never spoken to, done business with, or dealt with which is almost 7 years old and was based off bad information which was fed to some idiot in the UAE who had no problem posting whatever he felt he needed to post in an attempt to get whatever refund/satisfaction/etc. Not only is it completely and absolutely wrong but I have done close to 100 transactions on TRF for everything from links to day date presidents without issue. I don’t even have any current listings at the time to be worried about as I have focused on wholesale but this is a sad attempt to once again plant an anonymous crusader in their favor in an attempt to create a red herring when their business practices are put under the microscope... switching the buy price on people once their goods are in your hands is just as bad as theft... they are basically playing on the customers own insecurities stemming from the fact that they have nothing in hand (neither watch or money) in order to drive down an agreed upon price... how many people have we seen post that they “hope” they get their watch back after getting a ridiculously low quote and asking for their item be shipped back... they specifically play on this same insecurity of hoping you at least get something in the end in order to essentially rob someone of their own watches’ true value... as a buyer myself, I always go into a buy knowing full well a watch will likely need a polish and service. Box, papers, extra links, etc. are never assumed but instead pluses which are factored into the price at the time of discussing the buy... I use to respect them because at least they delivered on their sales and had an impressive collection/web presence... but this is sad and obviously shows the caliber of business you are truly dealing with... bobs is a pawn shop with a fancy website, expect no better

Old 25 February 2018, 05:15 PM   #264
seoexpertmiami
"TRF" Member

Brand New to the Forums

Hi Guys

I am a local seo guy in Miami. I was looking to buy a used Rolex and stumbled on this thread.

I don't understand whats going on here, nor do I care. But I can tell you that "fresh content" is helping him greatly. Meaning, every time someone posts some new content it brings this conversation to the top of the list where Google crawls in. It makes it relevant to google. So it is like feeding the well. It helps everyone here rank better in the Google search engines for keywords.

copy

"Google has something it calls “Query Deserved Freshness (QDF).” If there's a search that is suddenly very popular versus its normal activity, Google will apply QDF to that term and look to see if there's any fresh content on that topic. If there is, that new or fresh content is given a boost in search results."
seoexpertmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 03:57 PM   #265
watchme22
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I was in Rotary International for decades before I retired. The Four-Way Test is a nonpartisan and nonsectarian ethical guide for Rotarians to use for their personal and professional relationships. Of the things we think, say, or do, you ask yourself:

1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

If each question is answered affirmatively, then I would say it's probably going to be a sound, ethical business transaction or decision. I would say to Bob's or anyone trading in the secondary market for Rolexes, Pateks, etc. -- try to apply the 4-Way Test and I bet you will build impressive relationships and an exemplary business.
watchme22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 03:51 PM   #266
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee1 View Post

what was the other store? (would like to know for the future)
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 03:53 PM   #267
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone1983 View Post
bogus "estimates"...threats of legal action...now we have a Fusion GPS Dossier on one of his critics.

It's high comedy that Bob or Paul or whoever isn't smart enough to just let this die. Keep poking, I'm sure we'd love to hear from more of your customers, victims and marks.

but still this response is weird, it seems at first Jv is denying the guy fairtraderep is referring to is him, then JV suggests that the information is about him but inaccurate:

Quote:
just to make things clear for everyone, the blog he is grabbing this information from is from a random guy I have never spoken to, done business with, or dealt with which is almost 7 years old and was based off bad information which was fed to some idiot in the UAE who had no problem posting whatever he felt he needed to post in an attempt to get whatever refund/satisfaction/etc.

I think we can all agree bobs should pay more and stick to their agreed pricing and adjust upward too. e.g. if you have extra links add more to the value commensurate to the amount that would be deducted so the business is perceived as fair. Doxing people is perhaps not the best tactic and shouldn't be on social media flow charts.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 06:12 PM   #268
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post

but still this response is weird, it seems at first Jv is denying the guy fairtraderep is referring to is him, then JV suggests that the information is about him but inaccurate:
The information is indeed incorrect... I didn't want to egg him on at first by addressing his post as I wasn't sure what his angle was but once I figured it out I felt it best to address it directly... funny... I never expected that my "a lot can happen in 2 weeks comment" would have garnered such a response... guess you never know
Old 28 February 2018, 07:41 PM   #269
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
what was the other store? (would like to know for the future)

Yoogiscloset, I sold them via direct sale.

Old 28 February 2018, 07:44 PM   #270
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The information is indeed incorrect... I didn't want to egg him on at first by addressing his post as I wasn't sure what his angle was but once I figured it out I felt it best to address it directly... funny... I never expected that my "a lot can happen in 2 weeks comment" would have garnered such a response... guess you never know

You quoted me in your “ a lot can happen in two weeks” comment and it was supposed to be a joke. Not sure what happened after that. I think this thread should be closed as it’s going crazy now.