The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 3 July 2020, 07:00 AM   #1
J.L.Aaron
"TRF" Member

We Can Be Heroes...

Today we received another call asking if we or anyone we knew would be willing to purchase a Rolex watch. Watches that have been in the family with the dream to pass it on to the next generation or a watch that was purchased to be the start of a collection have now become the means to provide shelter and food for the family. Though I understand, it still makes my heart heavy.

I keep thinking that there has to be a way to support our fellow Rolex owners with something like a depository, where their watches are retained as collateral and a fund, much like “GOFUNDME’ is set up to offer temporary funding until the watch owner is able to re-pay the depository and reclaim their watch.

What I envision is complicated and has administrative and liability costs, though until you hear the anguish in someone’s voice as they describe what they are willing to accept to receive the funds as soon as possible, it drives one to a solution.

I am reaching out to all Rolex owners asking for ideas and suggestions, knowing that my idea will be shot full of holes. I expect no less, but maybe, we can be heroes….

I hope this post finds you well, hopeful and thankful for all you have.

Jana
Watchmakers International, Inc.
J.L.Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote