The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 24 September 2018, 07:04 AM   #31
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kram View Post
haters gonna hate. tiger has been the most dominant golfer in arguably the most competitive era. and if he regains previous form, that is just amazing.

But not if he cheated to get there.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 07:09 AM   #32
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
haters gonna hate. tiger has been the most dominant golfer in arguably the most competitive era. and if he regains previous form, that is just amazing.
Yup

IBTL (possibly lol).
Old 24 September 2018, 07:11 AM   #33
lig
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
But not if he cheated to get there.
You’ve made your point. You think he’s cheating. You’ve provided zero evidence other than your suspicions.

IIRC the tour is blood testing now. That ought to be enlightening.
lig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 07:14 AM   #34
Mr Kram
"TRF" Member

conspiracy theories. LOL. he's never been under suspicion by the media, his peers or the golf community in general.
Mr Kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 07:14 AM   #35
weksa
"TRF" Member

One thing that Tiger has done very well for golf is popularized it for the common man. Can't say the same for other golf legends.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
weksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 07:19 AM   #36
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lig View Post
You’ve made your point. You think he’s cheating. You’ve provided zero eveidence other than your suspicions.

IIRC the tour is blood testing now. That ought to be enlightening.

Many who were caught cheating in baseball were not caught by any of the tests at the time. Often they came to light by other means. With all the technology it seems the cheaters are often using the better technology.

Yes, let's see if they in fact catch any cheaters. I think they may very well do so. Find it hard to believe any sport is completely clean. However given what we have seen in the past that doesn't mean they will catch all of them.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 07:20 AM   #37
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
conspiracy theories. LOL. he's never been under suspicion by the media, his peers or the golf community in general.

It's not a conspiracy, but like I said he certainly meets all of the criteria we have seen in the past. So yes, call me suspicious.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 07:23 AM   #38
Mr Kram
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's not a conspiracy, but like I said he certainly meets all of the criteria we have seen in the past. So yes, call me suspicious.
ok, agree to disagree.
Old 24 September 2018, 07:30 AM   #39
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:

He was always really into lifting and was a good size once he grew out of the college skinny awkward phase. The tour does drug test now and Tiger is no exception. He has absolutely been tested multiple times this season. He could certainly still be taking something but i don’t really see the advantage for him in golf.

He can’t get too big or bulky because he would lose some touch. I’m not sure what PED would really be helpful for him. Now Justin Thomas, richly Fowler, one of the smaller guys... sure.

I don’t believe his length is really that impressive, at least not to me. It doesn’t make me think for a second he’s on something. I’m significantly longer at 30 than i was at 21. Technology has improved immensely, the ball is better, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 07:40 AM   #40
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
He was always really into lifting and was a good size once he grew out of the college skinny awkward phase. The tour does drug test now and Tiger is no exception. He has absolutely been tested multiple times this season. He could certainly still be taking something but i don’t really see the advantage for him in golf.

He can’t get too big or bulky because he would lose some touch. I’m not sure what PED would really be helpful for him. Now Justin Thomas, richly Fowler, one of the smaller guys... sure.

I don’t believe his length is really that impressive, at least not to me. It doesn’t make me think for a second he’s on something. I’m significantly longer at 30 than i was at 21. Technology has improved immensely, the ball is better, etc.

If you seen some of my other comments some of these same things where said about hitters and then pitchers back in the day.

I'm glad they're finally conducting testing. Finally, yes given all the other sports with this issue they've woken up and decided maybe they should do so as well. WE probably have no idea how prevalent that cheating was going on because there were no tests. But as I've said in the past we've also seen where a good number of cheaters used the better technology and some of these cheaters were caught by other means and methods because the tests themselves simply weren't good enough.

If I understand correctly some enhancers actually allow the body to simply recover quicker. Where you might have been exhausted now you are able to train more.

The bottom line is that I have no proof, but if anything has shown us at least over the last 20 years Tiger Woods would fit real nicely with people like Barry Bonds and the other litany of athletes that are highly competitive and would do anything possible to win.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 07:47 AM   #41
lig
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The bottom line is that I have no proof

And a couple of no names have already been caught.
Old 24 September 2018, 07:47 AM   #42
Dilemma
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If I understand correctly some enhancers actually allow the body to simply recover quicker
That's it. That's all they do. Even if Woods was juiced up I doubt it'd benefit him much if at all compared to Baseball player for example. Golf just isn't that kind of physical game.
Dilemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 07:50 AM   #43
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:

And a couple of no names have already been caught.

And that's also kind of what happened initially in Baseball if I remember correctly.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 07:50 AM   #44
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilemma View Post
That's it. That's all they do. Even if Woods was juiced up I doubt it'd benefit him much if at all compared to Baseball player for example. Golf just isn't that kind of physical game.

Then why would he juice up? LOL

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 07:52 AM   #45
lig
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And that's also kind of what happened initially in Baseball if I remember correctly.
And you still have zero proof. Right up with Alex Jones on the credibility meter.
Old 24 September 2018, 07:52 AM   #46
Dilemma
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Then why would he juice up? LOL
Maybe he's preparing for a second career in MMA after Golf?
Dilemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 07:54 AM   #47
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And you still have zero proof. Right up with Alex Jones on the credibility meter.

You do know I said suspicion and suspect don't you? You do know what that means don't you?

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 07:54 AM   #48
Mr Kram
"TRF" Member

if you don't think tiger moves the needle, look at the gallery.
Old 24 September 2018, 07:56 AM   #49
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
if you don't think tiger moves the needle, look at the gallery.

Barry Bonds moved that needle too. So did McGuire and Sosa. Big deal.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 08:04 AM   #50
Mr Kram
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Barry Bonds moved that needle too. So did McGuire and Sosa. Big deal.
not even close.
Old 24 September 2018, 08:05 AM   #51
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
not even close.

Your right, the baseball stadiums and that TV audience was a lot larger.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 08:07 AM   #52
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you seen some of my other comments some of these same things where said about hitters and then pitchers back in the day.

I'm glad they're finally conducting testing. Finally, yes given all the other sports with this issue they've woken up and decided maybe they should do so as well. WE probably have no idea how prevalent that cheating was going on because there were no tests. But as I've said in the past we've also seen where a good number of cheaters used the better technology and some of these cheaters were caught by other means and methods because the tests themselves simply weren't good enough.

If I understand correctly some enhancers actually allow the body to simply recover quicker. Where you might have been exhausted now you are able to train more.

The bottom line is that I have no proof, but if anything has shown us at least over the last 20 years Tiger Woods would fit real nicely with people like Barry Bonds and the other litany of athletes that are highly competitive and would do anything possible to win.

We will surely know in a few days lol. I imagine today he will be tested after his win. Lance was cheating for years, everyone knew it and he still passed some insane number of tests. Your right that he fits the athlete that we have seen do it in the past. I just think we are in the wrong sport. I can’t recall anyone ever being popped in the PGA for PEDS?

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 08:09 AM   #53
Mr Kram
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your right, the baseball stadiums and that TV audience was a lot larger.
yup, even more proof how little those guys moved the needle in relation. LOL
Old 24 September 2018, 08:13 AM   #54
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We will surely know in a few days lol. I imagine today he will be tested after his win. Lance was cheating for years, everyone knew it and he still passed some insane number of tests. Your right that he fits the athlete that we have seen do it in the past. I just think we are in the wrong sport. I can’t recall anyone ever being popped in the PGA for PEDS?

Well, someone here just said they caught a few no names. Since they haven't started testing but just recently who knows what they were doing. As I keep saying they used to say the same thing about baseball. First hitters and then pitchers. Then they found some hitters and then they eventually caught a pitcher.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 08:16 AM   #55
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'm not convinced the technology of testing is better than what the technology is used for cheating. They do have an incentive to cheat and they often employ people who are fully aware with what technology is used for testing. Maybe we won't know.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 08:32 AM   #56
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

That gallery proves golf is spelled T-I-G-E-R. Anyone that says golf is not as physical as baseball and that one wouldn’t benefit from juicing, you’re the twice a year golfer that crushes an 18 pack on the golf course.

Yes, baseball is America’s Pastime but not one player in the MLB is as polarizing as Tiger. If the HR record chase never occurred, baseball would have still had the viewership and sold seats.

Tiger changed the game, made courses better and longer, started an equipment manufacturing battle, and inspired a new breed of golfers with immense athleticism. Not convinced? Nike entered the golf industry specifically because of Tiger. Scotty Cameron is able to make and sell $10K putters. FedEx puts up $10MM and soon to be $15MM a year to award the season points leader.

Agree, disagree, be indifferent. It doesn’t matter.
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 08:34 AM   #57
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

And as far as PED suspensions on the PGA Tour, it isn’t transparent. You are asked to take a break in private. If you recall Dustin Johnson took a prolonged leave due to illegal substances being found in random testing.
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 09:27 AM   #58
JimSnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ask me later.....
This was a great moment in golf today. We all make mistakes. It's not what you accomplish in life, but what you overcome.
Old 24 September 2018, 09:37 AM   #59
austinp
"TRF" Member

I love that he is playing well again. It certainly raises my interest level. He does seem to be trying to be friendlier as well which is wonderful to see. I hope he crushes in the Ryder Cup next week.
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 09:38 AM   #60
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
I agree that there is a lot of controversy around Tiger Woods. But I admit that, today, he made a remarkable comeback. If we leave golf aside, just being able to collect the pieces of a shattered life and be on the spotlight again...wow. Just WOW!
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote