The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 24 September 2018, 09:46 AM   #61
dba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
Sorry when someone exhibits all of these type of things it has to make you wonder if he didn't and maybe still using something.

The bottom line is that I have no proof, but if anything has shown us at least over the last 20 years Tiger Woods would fit real nicely with people like Barry Bonds and the other litany of athletes that are highly competitive and would do anything possible to win.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
I'm not convinced the technology of testing is better than what the technology is used for cheating. They do have an incentive to cheat and they often employ people who are fully aware with what technology is used for testing. Maybe we won't know.
Let us know if you need more aluminum foil for more hats.
dba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 09:52 AM   #62
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 09:54 AM   #63
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba View Post
The bottom line is that I have no proof, but if anything has shown us at least over the last 20 years Tiger Woods would fit real nicely with people like Barry Bonds and the other litany of athletes that are highly competitive and would do anything possible to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab View Post
Let us know if you need more aluminum foil for more hats.
Seriously, you felt the need to insult me because I suspect Tiger maybe taking PEDs?

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 10:04 AM   #64
Tmac478
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Skydweller
Sad. The OP starts a thread to acknowledge one of the greatest comebacks in sports history and it brings all the haters and conspiracy theorists out of the woodwork. If anyone truly believes he cheated to get this win (or any other), I can't help you. The fact is, he worked his ass off to get to this point. Not PEDs, work.
Tmac478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 10:06 AM   #65
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac478 View Post
Sad. The OP starts a thread to acknowledge one of the greatest comebacks in sports history and it brings all the haters and conspiracy theorists out of the woodwork. If anyone truly believes he cheated to get this win (or any other), I can't help you. The fact is, he worked his ass off to get to this point. Not PEDs, work.
Fact is athletes like Roger Clemens, Lance Armstrong, and Barry Bonds also worked their ass off too. Thing is the PEDs actually helped them work harder and get better results.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 10:23 AM   #66
Tmac478
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Fact is athletes like Roger Clemens, Lance Armstrong, and Barry Bonds also worked their ass off too. Thing is the PEDs actually helped them work harder and get better results.
OK, you've made your point. You're obviously a Tiger Hater. I get that. Tiger's had some indiscretions. A lot of people hate him for that.
Also, not sure if you play golf or not. I do. PEDs would probably screw up your game more than help it. Golf is a game of touch and feel, not just power. Rory McElroy out-drove everyone this week. How come he didn't win? How come some of the shortest hitters win the biggest tournaments? The bottom line is, Tiger will go down in history as one of the top 3 players of all time, dispite the conspiracy theories.
Old 24 September 2018, 10:27 AM   #67
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I am probably far off the mark here ....but I feel as though there is something American about a ‘come-back story’ especially in sports.

I was never a Tiger fan, but I love a good come back! Congrats to Tiger. I think it’s great for golf, as well.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 10:30 AM   #68
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OK, you've made your point. You're obviously a Tiger Hater. I get that. Tiger's had some indiscretions. A lot of people hate him for that.
Also, not sure if you play golf or not. I do. PEDs would probably screw up your game more than help it. Golf is a game of touch and feel, not just power. Rory McElroy out-drove everyone this week. How come he didn't win? How come some of the shortest hitters win the biggest tournaments? The bottom line is, Tiger will go down in history as one of the top 3 players of all time, dispite the conspiracy theories.
Well your wrong about a few things. For one I’m not a Tiger hater. But after all the athletes who have cheated i’m very suspicious of these miracle wonders and supper humans that can leap tall buildings at a singe bound. These athletes who are willing to do anything no matter what it is to win. Hardly conspiracy theory to suspect the same type of behavior that gave us all the miracle wonder supper humans that turned out to be nothing but people who were willing to do no matter what it took to win.

Barry Bonds as far as I know still holds the record for home runs. But as far as I know his plaque still isn’t in the Hall of Fame.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 10:46 AM   #69
Watch This
Banned

Watch: SS YMII
I don't see PED's as really being beneficial to golfers. I might be wrong but there is a disconnect there in my mind.

Tiger's demeanor has not endeared him to many. But not one person on this forum has lived the life he has, good and bad, and none here are remotely in a position to judge him.
Watch This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 10:51 AM   #70
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
I don't see PED's as really being beneficial to golfers. I might be wrong but there is a disconnect there in my mind.

Tiger's demeanor has not endeared him to many. But not one person on this forum has lived the life he has, good and bad, and none here are remotely in a position to judge him.
Now if it isn’t beneficial then why did a member post that a few no names have been caught doing it already?

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 10:54 AM   #71
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
What's he's done this summer, strictly from a golf perspective, has been absolutely amazing. His physical comeback aside, to start the season ranked #656 and finish up at #13, who does that? He very seriously contended for the last two majors, then came a whisker from winning the FedEx Cup.
Seen a lot of sports comebacks, but never anything like this.
Old 24 September 2018, 10:55 AM   #72
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
What's he's done this summer, strictly from a golf perspective, has been absolutely amazing. His physical comeback aside, to start the season ranked #656 and finish up at #13, who does that? He very seriously contended for the last two majors, then came a whisker from winning the FedEx Cup.
Seen a lot of sports comebacks, but never anything like this.
Nothing suspicious there. LOL

I haven’t even been following golf. But then again I no longer follow any sports. Too many cheaters, no longer sports if you ask me.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 10:56 AM   #73
Watch This
Banned

Watch: SS YMII
Quote:
Now if it isn’t beneficial then why did a member post that a few no names have been caught doing it already?
Dustin Johnson got a time out reportedly due to a problem with cocaine. I know of no others and really don't care because I have no first hand irrefutable knowledge of the actual facts. I suspect nor do you.
Watch This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 10:58 AM   #74
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
Dustin Johnson got a time out reportedly due to a problem with cocaine. I know of no others and really don't care because I have no first hand irrefutable knowledge of the actual facts. I suspect nor do you.
Your right, no proof. Just smells and looks awful familiar is all.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 11:03 AM   #75
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Who's thread is this?
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 11:09 AM   #76
.brian.
"TRF" Member

Watch: in Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaynyc View Post
you’re the twice a year golfer that crushes an 18 pack on the golf course.
This is me!!

Technically, I try to drink 6 before I tee off. Then I pace myself with a beer every hole and half.
.brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 12:25 PM   #77
Tmac478
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Who's thread is this?
+1. Unfortunately we have a troll who's taking it over....
Old 24 September 2018, 12:34 PM   #78
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So troll is the word when someone disagrees with you? I think I see many more trolls in you future.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 24 September 2018, 12:47 PM   #79
tritium8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Shesh!

Ibtl
tritium8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 01:15 PM   #80
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
Yes. More the pity that like Serena, he’s just not a very likeable person.
It would suck living your life under a microscope. I wonder how any of us would do in the poll of public opinion under such scrutiny.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 01:44 PM   #81
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Jack Nicklaus won his last major at 46. Tiger is 42.

There have been a few others to win a major tournament in their mid to late 40s.

Tiger is not some random guy that started winning late. He’s a child prodigy who has been successful at golf his entire life.

Let’s give the man credit for working his way back from absolute rock bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 01:59 PM   #82
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

I feel badly for those that cannot enjoy the brilliance that Tiger Woods possesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaynyc View Post
That gallery proves golf is spelled T-I-G-E-R. Anyone that says golf is not as physical as baseball and that one wouldn’t benefit from juicing, you’re the twice a year golfer that crushes an 18 pack on the golf course.

Yes, baseball is America’s Pastime but not one player in the MLB is as polarizing as Tiger. If the HR record chase never occurred, baseball would have still had the viewership and sold seats.

Tiger changed the game, made courses better and longer, started an equipment manufacturing battle, and inspired a new breed of golfers with immense athleticism. Not convinced? Nike entered the golf industry specifically because of Tiger. Scotty Cameron is able to make and sell $10K putters. FedEx puts up $10MM and soon to be $15MM a year to award the season points leader.

Agree, disagree, be indifferent. It doesn’t matter.

Golf is not anywhere near as physical or remotely close to what baseball is. They play 162 games. On the PGA tour they walk miles and miles each day and some of them lift and workout, while many do not. They are not playing anywhere near the schedule MLB does.

The benefits, while potentially real, would not be the same as baseball. Baseball recovery and golf recovery are very different. Pitches taking something for recovery makes total sense. The faster you can get a started or reliever to be able to throw again the better. Closers get tired yet get called on all the time. If you can cut the recovery time out it’s a win. There are a lot of breaks for most tour guys. Very few play every event or even close to every event. That’s why they have a minimum event mandate on tour for players.

I do agree about the changing of the game. He has changed the way the game is played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 02:16 PM   #83
SPMN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Omega
I was so happy for Tiger today. That scene as the fans swallowed him up and surrounded the 18th green? Wow. There are few athletes in the world who have had a bigger impact on their sport than Tiger. I just hope he can stay healthy and have another great year in 2019.
SPMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 02:35 PM   #84
crew
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Tiger is peaking just in time for the Ryder Cup.
Can’t wait!
crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 02:37 PM   #85
junamuan
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
It was Tiger who made take up golf in the 90's.
junamuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 04:19 PM   #86
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

After Tiger's fall from grace, I didn't think he'd be able to make a comeback, especially this late.

Good for him!
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 04:58 PM   #87
fusionstorm
"TRF" Member

Watch: various vintage
Let's hope he's still got something left in the gas tank for the Ryder Cup. He's played a lot of golf recently......

Gone.....never forgotten: 14000 F, 14060 V COSC, PAM 048, 16623 F, 1680 MK V 3.1M, 16800 matte 8.3M & 1655 MK IV 7.4M
fusionstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 05:44 PM   #88
junamuan
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Never ever under estimate the GOAT.
junamuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 05:50 PM   #89
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
After Tiger's fall from grace, I didn't think he'd be able to make a comeback, especially this late.

Good for him!
I hope he will.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 05:57 PM   #90
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
C’mon Tony, be fair on the trolls.

They don’t bang on as much as Dan.

As for the original question...don’t feel bad for me lig.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote