The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 18 June 2021, 10:17 AM   #631
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Run for your lives!
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2021, 11:32 AM   #632
ts3
"TRF" Member

EWC have the third one under Incoming Watches in less than a month and I keep thinking it is again the same watch that was either returned by the buyer or EWC have pulled and relisted the piece to adjust the price.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2021, 12:16 PM   #633
BigAppleBill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjanef View Post
That’s a steal. Commission included?
Read the fine print. Additional 20 percent VAT is applied.
BigAppleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2021, 12:46 PM   #634
lutchki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAppleBill View Post
Read the fine print. Additional 20 percent VAT is applied.

I believe on one of the auction sites either Christie’s or Sotheby’s, the price you see finalized included the 20% house fee. Though not sales tax.
lutchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2021, 05:00 PM   #635
harrison_cheng
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhahn44 View Post
Good auction house to buy the watches from. Most of the watches were sold cheaper than those from other major auction hourse.

However, the price of George Daniels YG Millennium really impress me.
( £ 519,000 )
harrison_cheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2021, 06:52 PM   #636
DGB
"TRF" Member

Sold in auction for £60k = $84k , that’s still a lot of money.

Lately auction sales , specifically Philips’ were ludicrous, maybe buyers are coming back to their senses.

I wonder what would the CB price be when it will be discontinued…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2021, 07:20 PM   #637
harrison_cheng
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post
Sold in auction for £60k = $84k , that’s still a lot of money.
84K is very close to the price of the recent grey market though.
harrison_cheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2021, 09:44 PM   #638
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
The bubble is bursting!!!!
Lol
Let me guess
You don’t have one but want one
Old 19 June 2021, 12:37 AM   #639
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Lol
Let me guess
True and sort of true. It would be nice to have one but I can't afford one even at MSRP. I'm still a small timer. I'd actually prefer the standard 40mm CS in platinum.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 01:11 AM   #640
crod
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ OPTIMUM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Lol
Let me guess
I have one, bought it in 2014 new, I LOVE IT and wouldnt sell it. That said, I dont think its a $100K and would like for it to come back to earth and its insane that is practically in the same price range as the CO.
Old 20 June 2021, 05:49 AM   #641
Stranger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Moser Streamliner
$112k at European Watch Co, ref 38295.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 07:52 AM   #642
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDelage View Post
$112k at European Watch Co, ref 38295.
I've got some $TITAN to sell at $60/coin.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 01:10 AM   #643
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
I am seeing all listings over $100k now.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 02:21 AM   #644
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

Pro proposed me 75-78k$ when they ask for it 110 k$... nice premium...
Bloomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 02:40 AM   #645
cbalster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomberg View Post
Pro proposed me 75-78k$ when they ask for it 110 k$... nice premium...
Yeah they all try to buy it in the 70s and sell it for a tidy 50% profit. Otherwise you consign it to them and they take 10%. Expensive watch to sell. Like most timepieces, if you make money, you made it on the buy. Don't invest in watches.
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 08:18 AM   #646
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalster View Post
Yeah they all try to buy it in the 70s and sell it for a tidy 50% profit. Otherwise you consign it to them and they take 10%. Expensive watch to sell. Like most timepieces, if you make money, you made it on the buy. Don't invest in watches.
I wish more people would listen to this advice and stop trying to promote watches as an investment alternative to cryptocurrency.

GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 08:19 AM   #647
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I wish more people would listen to this advice and stop trying to promote watches as an investment alternative to cryptocurrency.

llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 01:56 AM   #648
mchen42
"TRF" Member

The current price for CB is crazy. I agree with the opinion that watch is never a nice investment. However, the government has printed so many dollars and the inflation is crazy. Watch might be a way to fight with the inflation, which is an excuse for me to buy more watches:). The high demand results in the secondary market price.

Well, we can also put our money in the stock may be Tesla or Apple but we can never “wear” Tesla or apple. Just my personal opinion. Happy to discuss.

mchen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 11:36 AM   #649
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
I finally took a trip to NYC and visited the boutique over there. The two sales people were friendly however it was definitely a visit that went nowhere. I told them about what I would be potentially interested in and all they had to say was keep dropping in and come to our "collectors events". I explained to them that I live in Boston and would not be dropping in. I am not delusional enough to expect to walk out of the boutique with the watch I want on my first visit but expecting me to travel repeatedly for a relationship sounds like a load of BS to me. Our AD in Boston is getting cut like every other AD. Is everyone in the US supposed to travel to the 3 boutiques repeatedly to beg for watches? Ridiculous! At least I was able to place a deposit on a Gronefeld Principia.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 12:01 PM   #650
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
I finally took a trip to NYC and visited the boutique over there. The two sales people were friendly however it was definitely a visit that went nowhere. I told them about what I would be potentially interested in and all they had to say was keep dropping in and come to our "collectors events". I explained to them that I live in Boston and would not be dropping in. I am not delusional enough to expect to walk out of the boutique with the watch I want on my first visit but expecting me to travel repeatedly for a relationship sounds like a load of BS to me. Our AD in Boston is getting cut like every other AD. Is everyone in the US supposed to travel to the 3 boutiques repeatedly to beg for watches? Ridiculous! At least I was able to place a deposit on a Gronefeld Principia.

I agree. That is simply unrealistic and a joke. Yes it’s convenient if you are in the general vicinity but if you don’t travel for work and are nowhere near I think these proposals are far fetched. There have to be other ways to demonstrate one is serious as a customer.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 12:07 PM   #651
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Just to clarify. Are you looking for a CB?
Old 25 June 2021, 12:12 PM   #652
thekman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Just to clarify. Are you looking for a CB?

No. I want an Octa Lune or CS. I also asked what are steps to develop a relationship in general and all they could say was keep dropping in and come to events.

Old 25 June 2021, 02:08 PM   #653
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No. I want an Octa Lune or CS. I also asked what are steps to develop a relationship in general and all they could say was keep dropping in and come to events.

I was referred by someone to the boutique as I also don’t live close by one. He did not own any FPJ watches but is interested about the brand and since he lives close by the boutique so he went in and got invited to some events. The feeling he got is that the boutique arranges events to better know their potential collectors and to screen for flippers. So attending one event may help to let them know you better.

I never bought any piece from the boutique as my only FPJ was bought from an AD out of the country. But when I inquired about getting a CS, I was told my name will be on the list and will find out about timeline at the end of year when the allocation comes in. (Being warned that it can be quite a wait)
Old 25 June 2021, 10:49 PM   #654
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Quote:
I was referred by someone to the boutique as I also don’t live close by one. He did not own any FPJ watches but is interested about the brand and since he lives close by the boutique so he went in and got invited to some events. The feeling he got is that the boutique arranges events to better know their potential collectors and to screen for flippers. So attending one event may help to let them know you better.

I never bought any piece from the boutique as my only FPJ was bought from an AD out of the country. But when I inquired about getting a CS, I was told my name will be on the list and will find out about timeline at the end of year when the allocation comes in. (Being warned that it can be quite a wait)
100% - was just at NYC boutique this past Saturday. They flat out said that they bring in their trusted collectors to these cocktail hours and based on their feedback they try to weed out flippers. They want people who want the watches and have true passion for the brand. Honestly due to their limited production I can't fault them for this.

I'm in Westchester NY - I have the fortunate luxury of a 40 minute ride into the city so attending these events would be feasible. Always looking to get to know fellow collectors as well and cocktails - well that's just the icing on the cake.
Old 25 June 2021, 11:48 PM   #655
thekman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
100% - was just at NYC boutique this past Saturday. They flat out said that they bring in their trusted collectors to these cocktail hours and based on their feedback they try to weed out flippers. They want people who want the watches and have true passion for the brand. Honestly due to their limited production I can't fault them for this.

I'm in Westchester NY - I have the fortunate luxury of a 40 minute ride into the city so attending these events would be feasible. Always looking to get to know fellow collectors as well and cocktails - well that's just the icing on the cake.

I completely understand the scarcity of the watches and the problem they have in allocating them. But asking people to come to events when you only have 3 boutiques in the whole US and plan on cutting ADs unfortunately puts most of us who dont live near one out of the game

Old 26 June 2021, 02:00 AM   #656
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I completely understand the scarcity of the watches and the problem they have in allocating them. But asking people to come to events when you only have 3 boutiques in the whole US and plan on cutting ADs unfortunately puts most of us who dont live near one out of the game

I think once you visited the boutique and have a contact there, you can keep tab with him/her and once they know you better, you should be able to order what you want. I have never met the lady who is helping me but I feel that she genuinely tried to help. Imagine being a salesperson who has nothing to sell for the next 12 months, I can imagine that their only job is to know the potential customers.

They do care about who gets the watches and trying to make sure it is not going to the flippers. At least they are not making you buy a bunch of unwanted things to get a hot model.

In this case, I do believe that patience will pay off.
Old 26 June 2021, 02:07 AM   #657
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
At least they are not making you buy a bunch of unwanted things to get a hot model.
Is there anything being produced that's an unwanted model? Seems like the whole brand is in demand. Only thing I can think of is maybe the Linesport.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 02:34 AM   #658
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Is there anything being produced that's an unwanted model? Seems like the whole brand is in demand. Only thing I can think of is maybe the Linesport.
Very true. I don't think even Linesport is readily avaliable? Exactly 12 months ago, I was offered a 40mm Ti Elegante at a discount and now even that is 2x over list?!
Old 26 June 2021, 02:50 AM   #659
loftycomfort
"TRF" Member

I wonder if I can flip some FPJ swags to buy myself and the misses a nice steak dinner.
loftycomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 03:47 AM   #660
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftycomfort View Post
I wonder if I can flip some FPJ swags to buy myself and the misses a nice steak dinner.

Do you have the chocolate?