The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 November 2021, 08:46 AM   #31
JasH
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
Ah I see......When you say free choice though that means whether was paying 150k or 450k was not a problem?

I still would have gone with the ceramic then
To be honest I wasn't aware of the price difference at the time, but wanted only the steel one. So yes, it was an entirely free choice.

Had it been the ceramic I truly desired, I would have bought that. I think the ceramic is absolutely stunning too though, but the steel works better to my eyes.

I do have another (much cheaper) AP with ceramic bezel, where it works well as the watch is rose gold and black.
JasH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 02:16 AM   #32
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
Ah I see......When you say free choice though that means whether was paying 150k or 450k was not a problem?

I still would have gone with the ceramic then

I'm patiently waiting for my 15407st from the boutique. I refuse to pay the second hand price for these watches unless it's truly impossible to get it from the boutique.
What has been communicated to you based on what it will take to get one via the boutique?
Old 30 November 2021, 03:05 AM   #33
Xerxes77
Banned

Congratulations and yes ….. the beast of the best
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 05:35 AM   #34
seadubs
"TRF" Member

I agree the ST is the sharpest, with the ceramic a very very close 2nd. If you paid $150k that is a steal! The seem to be close to $200k now.

Congrats! This is truly one of the most mesmerizing dials !
seadubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 06:02 AM   #35
JasH
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykii View Post
What has been communicated to you based on what it will take to get one via the boutique?
Boutique told me I would honestly never ever get one, but they were happy to add me to the list. ETA 50 years if I recall. I told them thanks but not to bother.
Old 30 November 2021, 06:04 AM   #36
JasH
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadubs View Post
I agree the ST is the sharpest, with the ceramic a very very close 2nd. If you paid $150k that is a steal! The seem to be close to $200k now.

Congrats! This is truly one of the most mesmerizing dials !
I bought it earlier this year, so actually paid less than $150k. But it was brand new and just collected from a boutique by the flipper.

I will never sell this though, as it is by far my favourite watch.
Old 30 November 2021, 11:12 AM   #37
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasH View Post
I bought it earlier this year, so actually paid less than $150k. But it was brand new and just collected from a boutique by the flipper.
Any idea why the boutique would supply the "flipper"? Did you register the watch with AP? Wondering if there are people in sufficiently good standing with AP for them to tolerate a 15407 flip, or if that was your flippers endgame with AP.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 11:59 AM   #38
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Any idea why the boutique would supply the "flipper"? Did you register the watch with AP? Wondering if there are people in sufficiently good standing with AP for them to tolerate a 15407 flip, or if that was your flipper endgame with AP.
given all of the many APs with grey dealers it's gotta be tolerated by AP for some VIPs. interesting questions.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 08:44 AM   #39
JasH
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Any idea why the boutique would supply the "flipper"? Did you register the watch with AP? Wondering if there are people in sufficiently good standing with AP for them to tolerate a 15407 flip, or if that was your flippers endgame with AP.
I really don't know about the relationship between the boutique and flipper. VVVIP client though.

I did register it. No issues arose.
Old 1 December 2021, 09:52 AM   #40
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:

In North America and Europe, it’s the end game if you pull that stunt. I sold a two year old Bucci RO that I got before this madness and got a bit of a hard time.

Can’t speak for Asia or Middle East
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 10:07 AM   #41
ajw99
"TRF" Member

That watch looks awesome! How is legibility of the hands / time (if it even matters with a watch like that!)?
ajw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 12:57 PM   #42
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw99 View Post
That watch looks awesome! How is legibility of the hands / time (if it even matters with a watch like that!)?
It don't matter.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 02:51 PM   #43
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I really don't know about the relationship between the boutique and flipper. VVVIP client though.

I did register it. No issues arose.
Interesting, thx!
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 03:27 PM   #44
pav333hp
"TRF" Member

1. Congrats OP on absolutely stunning... actually beyond stunning piece!!! I too agree with you that it looks perfect in steel and I'm glad you are actually wearing and enjoying it.

2. For people arguing which is better - PM, ceramic, or steel - OP clearly stated this is his grail, so why bother with silly questions, comments or arguments. OP made this choice and is very happy.

3. The flipper part is a bit annoying tbh. There are people, such as OP, who genuinely love this watch, but are not given the opportunity to own one because of the VIP clients who flip. But I suppose life is not fair, lol... Still annoying... I'd LOVE the opportunity to buy on at MSRP so I can wear and enjoy it, but that might be a bit challenging... LOL
pav333hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 11:43 PM   #45
JF100
"TRF" Member

they are probably gonna discontinue it bro i would just buy it. I heard the gold is discontinued a while back hence the price went parabolic.
JF100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2021, 06:48 AM   #46
JasH
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw99 View Post
The hand finishing everywhere is so good, and the background behind the hands is generally dark, so the hands catch any light extremely well rendering it very easy to read other than in dim light.
Old 2 December 2021, 06:52 AM   #47
JasH
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav333hp View Post
1. Congrats OP on absolutely stunning... actually beyond stunning piece!!! I too agree with you that it looks perfect in steel and I'm glad you are actually wearing and enjoying it.

2. For people arguing which is better - PM, ceramic, or steel - OP clearly stated this is his grail, so why bother with silly questions, comments or arguments. OP made this choice and is very happy.

3. The flipper part is a bit annoying tbh. There are people, such as OP, who genuinely love this watch, but are not given the opportunity to own one because of the VIP clients who flip. But I suppose life is not fair, lol... Still annoying... I'd LOVE the opportunity to buy on at MSRP so I can wear and enjoy it, but that might be a bit challenging... LOL

Thanks, and you clearly "get it". I too found it annoying about flippers, resulting in people like who want to wear it never being able to obtain it at a retailer. But I decided life is too short, and to just take the plunge and own my grail.

I was also concerned it would get discontinued, and thereby become a much harder to acquire watch. Hence, I just went for it when I got the chance of a brand new one.
Old 2 December 2021, 09:19 AM   #48
pav333hp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks, and you clearly "get it". I too found it annoying about flippers, resulting in people like who want to wear it never being able to obtain it at a retailer. But I decided life is too short, and to just take the plunge and own my grail.

I was also concerned it would get discontinued, and thereby become a much harder to acquire watch. Hence, I just went for it when I got the chance of a brand new one.
In all honesty, I applaud you!!! You absolutely did the right thing! Life is too short, not to enjoy amazing watches. :)
pav333hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2021, 01:10 PM   #49
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
Stunning !
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2021, 03:06 PM   #50
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Love it
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2021, 03:50 PM   #51
Neom
Banned

Looking forward to the day you get bored of it and want to flip it for a new grail OP (perhaps the rose gold version? :P)
Neom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2021, 05:14 PM   #52
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Congrats OP! I agree that ST is the better choice compared to the ceramic. I never like the ceramic clasp for some reason. Hopefully next year 2022 I can get my hands on one.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2021, 11:10 PM   #53
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Love it. Recall vividly having the Miami boutique pull the 15305st (prior gen) from the wall case in 2016 and trying it on in awe. Sadly I balked at the 35k msrp lol

Such is life.
Old 3 December 2021, 03:12 AM   #54
PaulRP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Cartier
Very unique beautiful piece.
PaulRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 05:50 AM   #55
JasH
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks all :)

Nice to see the love for the Steel Skelly
Old 5 December 2021, 08:15 AM   #56
GS93108
"TRF" Member

The 15407 in steel is just perfect. The black ceramic version is essentially a completely different watch. I fell in love with the 15407 a couple of years ago but the 15416 has a completely different appeal. I've love to have both as they are that different.
Nice pick up OP, and great commitment.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audemars piguet , grail , openworks , skeleton , skelly