The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 27 August 2014, 10:12 PM   #1
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Newbie (to pens) advice please...

Hello all,

My wife has decided that she wants to buy me a special pen for my birthday.

Now this is an area that I don't know anything about... hence why i'm seeking advice from you guys.

Like with Rolex I am not a 'collector' so will probably ever only own one 'special' pen in my lifetime so am looking for something that is a classic choice, will stand the test of time, is a quality piece (for the money), can pass on to my future child and will get the occasional appreciative nod from other enthusiasts from time to time (like with our watches). Kind of like my Sub C is to me. It ticks every box

Well I've decided that I definitely want a Mont Blanc and the particular pen that I really like the look of is the Meisterstuck Platinum Line LeGrand ballpoint pen. (I just wouldn't get the use out of a fountain pen).

So I ask you, does this pen fit the bill? Is this my Submariner watch pen equivalent?

Many thanks everyone.
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2014, 10:46 PM   #2
Rusty888
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc BLNR
Firstly it's great you want to join the fountain pen club. If your set on Mont Blanc that helps.

Using a reference as you meant for the sub. There is really only one pen to go for.

Mont Blanc 149 fountain pen

This is the icon piece. However it's quite a large pen. Perhaps look towards a 146 being a smaller pen. Think sub no date. Realistically it has everything but the nib is smaller and barrel is smaller. Not being a fountain person id say this is the one. They are quite subtle, classic and a great pen to pass down.

I must say if you want the appreciative nod the bigger 149 is hard to miss.

Then the decision is nib size. Id say get the medium nib.

If you do decide to go for a ballpoint choose a rollerball to. It's in between and offers at least something. Is platinum the way as the 90th anniversary has some great rose gold ones.

It's hard to say as I use ball points as pens but fountain pens as pieces of art.

To this day I've never seem someone be handed down a ball point and be really happy. I've seen people get into fountain pens and love it due to pieces been handed down and they always have that connection.

How can I say it without being rude. Handing a ball point even Mont Blanc is like handing down a Casio g-shock. It's a nice gesture but it's not special.

By all means ask any question you may have.
Rusty888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2014, 12:30 AM   #3
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
James, I'm glad to hear you are interested in owning a fine, quality "Writing Instrument." There are of course many fine brands out their to choose from...and at all price points as well. My best suggestion is to look up and go to a store specializing in writing instruments so you can see and test different brands and types(Fountain Pen, Rollerball, Fine Liner and of course Ballpoint Pens).

I prefer Fountain Pens because they glide and the ink flows from the Nib across the surface of the paper without using any pressure. But like everything all pens have advantages and drawbacks. With FP's you should never loan them to anyone to use because the Nib can become damaged(bending of the splines)if one applies too much pressure when writing/printing with the instrument. Also if you plan on using a fountain pen for work and you are signing documents and other types of paperwork with 2, 3, or 4 carbon copies you would need to apply too much pressure to go through all the copies.....

Next I prefer Rollerball pens over Ballpoint pens because the ink flows better...but of course the choices are always yours to make. But when you visit a store specializing in all types and brands of pens you can see how they feel in your hands, how they write and whether you find the pen comfortable to hold and use. Also pay attention to the materials used to make the bodies of the pen(cap and barrel). The reason is some pens like MontBlancs' use layers of resin for the body and caps of many of their models and if you accidentally drop the pen it can break upon impact with hard surfaces. And even though they can be repaired it can cost quite a bit of cash to fix, must be sent to the manufacturer for repair so you will be without for a time while it's off to get fixed.....

Now as for MontBlanc, they have Boutiques in many of the major world cities where you can go in and "Test-Drive" the pens...and if you decide to check out Fountain pens they will have a set containing all the different sizes of Nibs for you to write with and test. If you do decide to go with a Fountain pen my suggestion is to buy a FP which can take cartridges or use a Converter. This way you have choices and a Converter holds more ink then a cartridge. Plus you have many more choices of ink colors to choose from over cartridges. As mentioned by Shaun(Rusty888)MontBlanc's "Flagship" pen is the Model #149 which is a piston fill only and does hold quite a bit of bottled ink(way more than a Converter). MontBlanc, like many other manufacturers, also comes out with many Limited Edition pens each year. And usually many of these L.E. pens will come in either FP's, Rollerball's or Ballpoint's to give you choices and sometimes a Limited Edition bottled Ink will be associated with its release.....

Another trick will be once you have checked out the many different pens...you can usually find many of them on online Websites and at a slightly reduced price(such as 10% or 20% off)from Retail. Seeing that you live in the UK there should be many great choices of Website all over Europe and elsewhere to choose from. One site here in America located in New York City and is well known is the Fountain Pen Hospital( www.fountainpenhospital.com ). So check them out with all the others.....

Good luck and enjoy the 'Hunt'.....Leo

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2014, 06:08 AM   #4
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Thank you both Leo & Shaun for such wonderful responses which leaves me with much to ponder.

My plan has always been to go to 'The Pen Shop' (that's actually what it's called in the UK) to test drive the various different models to see which is preferred and which one feels 'right'.

I really don't think a fountain pen is for me. As beautiful as some of them are I want a pen that I can use every day and for every occasion. Most of my work is done on carbon paper so that kind of counts one out. I think a fountain pen is definitely a better buy for all of the reasons that you've both listed but doesn't really fit my current job role.

I take on board your very valid point about handing a ballpoint/rollerball pen as a future gift isn't as special as a fountain pen and you are most certainly correct but in all honesty this pen is being bought for me to actually use. I tell people that I would like to give my Rolex to my child one day but I'm still going to wear it every single day between now and then.

So, assuming that I'm not going for a FP do you believe that the MB Meisterstück Is a well rounded choice?

Many thanks.

James.
Old 28 August 2014, 07:24 AM   #5
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

I think a fountain pen would be lovely to own and use and would be very comfortable to write with but is maybe for me, one for the future.
Old 28 August 2014, 04:21 PM   #6
Rusty888
"TRF" Member

Hi James,

You most certainly cant fault the meisterstuck. Its a solid choice and unlike their starwalker line which has the floating emblem the emblem is clearly shown on top for all to see, even if you hold it in your pocket.

Regards
Old 28 August 2014, 07:34 PM   #7
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Hi Shaun,

Funny you should say that....

From online research only i'd narrowed it down to 2 choices:
meisterstuck and starwalker line.

Although I had thought about Platinum for both your post has made me look at the Rose gold and also yellow gold ones. I think this decision can only be made once i've seen them in the flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty888 View Post

the emblem is clearly shown on top for all to see, even if you hold it in your pocket.

Regards
To be honest I just assumed that like with our watches 99.9% of the population wouldn't even notice or care it would just be the enthusiast that might give it a glancing nod.
Old 28 August 2014, 08:55 PM   #8
Rusty888
"TRF" Member

I think the rose golf is the one. Yellow gold is a bit too much in my opinion

You would be surprised. The Mont Blanc emblem is noticed more than my rolex. Most people have a watch and can you really tell the difference. Most people use cheap promotional pens so any clean looking pen gets noticed.
Old 1 September 2014, 04:36 AM   #9
Father Goose
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
Many good options: Montblanc, Pelikan, Waterman, etc.
Father Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2014, 12:11 AM   #10
Bling72
"TRF" Member

Go with Mont Blanc. Now I have a Fineliner, a Mechanical pencil and a Le Grand 90th
Fountain pen. Go into Mont Blanc and test out ALL of the Fountain pen nibs, get yourself
once in a life time Fountain pen. If you don't know how to use one, learn. Who wants a
ball point ? seriously, use a 50c one at work. People lose pens every day at work.

The fountain pen, you can become an artist, do your signatures, write your memoirs,
pick up a journal and share your most brilliant thoughts.

If you're going to get only one pen of a life time, don't waste it on a ball point.

You can have so much enjoyment using fountain pen inks. You will have to get the pen
serviced, and look after it. But consider it like your Rolex for pens. People complain that
it is plastic and it breaks when they drop or or throw it on the ground... well DUR !!!...
if you smash it, of course it will shatter. Anyone going to ruin something so nicely
made on purpose ? no way !!... you wouldn't throw your Rolex on the ground, run over it
with your car, then smash it with a hammer, and whine that they should of made it
indestructable... rofl...

I tested and held Mont Blanc pens against most other brands, when you write with such
as nice Mont Blanc fountain pen, it is like a wonderful feeling. You won't regret it.

I tested these pens and inks on so many kinds of paper. The Mont Blanc Le Grand
Fountain pen, I see no reason to pick up anything else. It feels so wonderful to write with. I just need to improve my hand writing and calligraphy.

Calligraphy is a dying art, the younger generation only understand printers and printing.
Too lazy to write, too lazy NOT to SMS/text people. Not even enough manners,
patience, or skill to talk to people face to face the old fashioned way. Why do people
not write love letters to anyone anymore or just friendly correspondence, I will tell you
why, technology killed it. Too convenient to pick up the lousy smart phone to make us
dumber !!! (yes should be called dumb phones, too dependent on it).

Go to the Mont Blanc boutique, let them fuss over you. You get the 2 year international
warrenty if anyone goes wrong (just don't drop it or smash it lol).

If you are not happy with that shop, go to another one. Don't settle for any substandard
customer service since someone will be paying for such a nice pen.
Mont Blanc Starwalker Red Gold Fineliner & Mech Pencil
Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Red Gold 90th Anniv FPen
Bling72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2014, 12:24 AM   #11
Lion
"TRF" Member

I like many here enjoy owning and using a fountain pen but go with what you want and will feel comfortable using. I do prefer a FP and there are many very fine brands to choose from but if you have your heart set on a very fine quality Ballpoint Pen...then by all means have your wife gift you one.....

Take care.....Leo

Old 3 September 2014, 01:45 AM   #12
Bling72
"TRF" Member

Forget the heart lol. This is where I disagree. Go with the Fountain pen. Make yourself
learn to use it, enjoy using it with fountain pen ink. I am very surpised and dissapointed
that more enthusiasts and pen lovers haven't also nudged you towards a fountain pen
option.

I have picked up all four kinds of pens, and practiced/compared using the same inks,
on the same papers. Experienced or not in Calligraphy, when you write on the higher
quality papers and use beautiful inks, when a company makes the each of the types
in the same range, there is no comparison. The feel of the fountain pen is absolutely
amazing.

Never met a huge pen lover who hates fountain pens. Must not know how to use one, or
does not appreciate calligraphy.

I said this before, we sadly live in a world that is becoming paperless, all technology
driven, and when people want to send a message across in paper form, they print it.

Asbolute shame, we are de-evolving in penmanship and class in the world of hand writing.
Anyone with extremelly beautiful hand writing will not discard it all for a cheap printer.

Ball point pens ? I will never buy one. If I am going to invest that kind of money, I see
absolutely no reason to get anything apart from a fountain pen. Now you have a lot of
people who have that grip when they pick up a pen, they squeeze it with 4 fingers,
and their wrist is bent 90 degrees, and hold the pen so tight and rigid.

If you are one of those, that is not how one holds a fountain pen. It's holding it ever
so gently and you don't use your wrist, you use your elbow to move the pen up and
down the paper. Relax and let the words flow out of the nib.

Writing with a fountain pen is supposed to take you to a calm place, a world of your own
the rules you control, to write your finer thoughts, or simply to sign your signature.

It is bliss for any opportunity to practice practice practice, and write. That is partly
what is the attracting quality of a good fountain pen.

Even if you take out the brand out of the equation, most pen lovers would agree, you
don't hold a fountain pen like you're trying to choke a chicken.

You have nothing to lose by going to a pen shop that sells all types of pens.

Pick up the foutain pens, pick up all types and try them all out. It is am important
decision. I sincerely hope you opt for the fountain pen. I have no idea what I was
thinking getting a mechanical pencil. Yes it's a lovely one and nice to use, but I NEVER
use a pencil, even to scribble. Fountain pen, no I wouldn't use at work, but... I get
endless wonderful joy writing on the beautiful paper that I buy, and putting on the nice
music to write, you can't put a price on experiences like that.

It is about putting the entire writing experience together. You have the unique opportunity
from your very thoughtful wife, to take the maximum advantage of the
purchasing experience. You realise that not all pens are made equal, however one thing
that is blatantly obviously to me, is that with fountain pens, the differences between
nice, nicer, lovely, and this is MY PEN-GIMMIE !!!, are much greater.

Now think about this next question my friend...

what comes to your mind when you think 'ball point pen' ? Just something you write with
right ? What difference would that make if you purchased a $500 one ? just an
expensive $500 ball point pen. Just the same as a 10c bic pen. Just the material of
the casing.

Fountain pen however, has much more differences, the nib is arguably the most important
part of the pen. I hope you realise that Mont Blanc offer a Be Spoke program
which means they will design a pen that suits your writing style.

Fountain pens carry nostalgic value to some pen lovers, but also carries emotional ties.
If you ever considered writing/starting a journal, the fountain pen will enhance those
writing experiences.

Open yourself to getting into the fountain pen idea. With that kind of money, it is simply
a waste to not get something so beautiful like a fountain pen. One will grab you and
you will love it, Just have to try out the various nibs, and ask as many questions as you
can. If they are not knowledeable with their own products, ask for someone who can or
go somewhere else. Don't leave your purchasing experience to a sales person who has
no knowledge of their products. It's like trying to buy a Ferarri from a flight attendent.

PM me if you have any specific questions.
Old 3 September 2014, 01:46 AM   #13
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Thanks Leo.

I've been thinking long and hard about this recently. (I'm on holiday at the moment so have plenty of time on my hands).

I have decided that I am going to go for a ballpoint/rollerball over a FP. Purely on the basis that it will suit my current lifestyle far more than a FP will.

I have also had the realisation that a Mont Blanc pen (although not cheap) is not in the same league as a watch so it's not as if I'm going to be limited to one fine writing instrument in my lifetime. It's taken me a while to figure this out. It's much easier to own 2 or 3 pens than 2 or 3 Rolex's!

I think I will buy myself a FP in a few years time perhaps when I've changed jobs and it will fit with my needs more. This then will be something that I can pass on.

I do like the idea of a FP for all of the reasons listed above and would very much like one. Hey I've got plenty more birthdays to come.

Just told my wife I'm going to take her out for a nice lunch after we've visited our local MB boutique!!!

Will let you know which one sings to me!

Thanks everyone.
Old 3 September 2014, 01:56 AM   #14
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Wow!

Thank you for that wonderful reply.

I have decided to get a FP but perhaps in a few years when I'm not doing 14 hr days in the office and my lifestyle will allow me to enjoy and appreciate a FP for all of those lovely reasons you've listed.

I look forward to a time when I'm not quite so busy and can sit in my study relaxing with some music on.
Seems a long way away though.
Old 3 September 2014, 02:05 AM   #15
Bling72
"TRF" Member

Icon11

Image of the 90th Anniverersary Meisterstuck (Masterpiece) - Le Grand Fountain Pen.

This nib is 14 ct Red Gold.

If you buy a fountain pen from a Mont Blanc Boutique, you have the opportunity to exchange the nib
for a different one - ONCE, within 6 weeks of the purchase date.

Ask the boutique for confirmation in your area just in case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s_0321.jpg (192.6 KB, 1049 views)

Last edited by Bling72; 3 September 2014 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: update
Old 3 September 2014, 02:13 AM   #16
Bling72
"TRF" Member

Omega - there's a saying of balancing one's life into thirds...

8 hours sleep
8 hours work
8 hours Rest/Relaxation/Family/down time/your time

Any imbalance, the other two significantly suffer, you cannot cheat that system and
it doesn't work like a debit/credit ledger. You cannot make up for lost sleep, and
sleep deprivation. Long term effects reduce your life span. Simple medical and proven
fact.

That is why we work so hard and go holidays, work ourselves to get that 2-4 weeks
a year. However there is burn out during those 48-50 other hours. There's a way to
work 10 hours of higher quality than 14 hours of not as high quality. Investing more time
in yourself/relaxation/rest, family and/or sleep you are more charged for those 10.

Don't know how the 14 works for you, but there is always time to pick up a nice fountain
pen and write. Even 10-20 minutes it is worth it.
Old 3 September 2014, 02:26 AM   #17
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

My work / life balance is completely to cock at the moment.

It is something I am aware of and trying to rectify.
Old 3 September 2014, 03:09 AM   #18
Frosty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
I think you are right in getting a ball point. It will write on more surfaces than a RB will, which is useful in an office. jmho

As far as the Le Grand is concerned, I like the size. I have a RB and never use it. I have a BP and use it a lot.

Fountain pens have a very limited use in the office. I have a Burgundy 146 (Le Grand size) and a 149 I use on rare occasions, because I like them. Beware! FP's are a slippery slope, you cannot buy just one!
Old 3 September 2014, 03:26 AM   #19
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Thanks Larry.
Old 3 September 2014, 11:12 AM   #20
Bling72
"TRF" Member

Frosty has valid points. Some people do get additional Fountain pens for a different nib
type.

I simply cannot see myself parting with so much money for a fountain pen. If I am going
to spend that kind of money, out of 1000 times, I would choose a fountain pen 999 of
those times, and maybe once, a fine-liner.

The writing experience of a fountain pen just cannot be matched, or even come close
by a fine-liner or a ball point.

What you're really paying the several hundred extra dollars for is the casing/shell.
The ball point part of it makes nearly no difference to a 10c BIC ball point pen.
Old 3 September 2014, 02:31 PM   #21
SUBversive
Banned

Watch: Sun Dial
Great read and opinions gents.

I hope the op keeps us posted.

I think 500 is a unwritten limit for me. Anything more and I hesitate to actually use the pen in daily work for fear of losing it.

Take that from someone who's searched for days for a missing lamy pen.
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2014, 05:17 PM   #22
Bling72
"TRF" Member

Well you know you have shirt pockets, so the pen can lock in the pocket.

Never put ANYTHING in a jacket/coat pocket, or pants pocket that does not have
zips. It cost me $25 for the sewer to alter the jacket and put a zip in there.

Even then I never let my jacket out of my sight. If I can help it, I will put it in my bag,
lock the bag.

Watch is different you're always wearing it. If you have to take it off, you shouldn't
let it leave your sight for a second.
Old 3 September 2014, 07:40 PM   #23
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBversive View Post
Great read and opinions gents.

I hope the op keeps us posted.

I most certainly will.

I've not got a weekend free for a couple of weeks and my birthday isn't actually until November but I can guarantee pictures when it's bought !!
Old 4 September 2014, 06:42 AM   #24
Lion
"TRF" Member

James, good luck and from what you have shared...I think you are correct in looking at either Rollerball or Ballpoint pens for work related use. Fountain pens are not good and useful for going through multiple carbon copies if you are signing documents. And the idea of getting a very good quality FP down the road for personal use is a scenario worth working towards. But let me caution you, if you buy a RB or BP pen for business and work and you buy one made with resin remember, if dropped the resin can break so be careful and do not loan it to anyone to use. They can be sent to the manufacturer for repair but be prepared for a bill of over $100.00. Just make certain you have a cheap pen handy for others to use.....I like the Pilot G2's which come in line widths from Ultra Fine(.38mm) to Bold(1.0mm). They are Premium Gel Writers which come in blue or black(sometimes you can get other colors such as green or red)and come in packages containing two or four pens. Most all of your Office Supply store chains carry them and just wait for a sale.....

Take care.....Leo

Old 4 September 2014, 11:23 AM   #25
Bling72
"TRF" Member

No this is where I completely disagree.

There is absolutely ZERO merit in getting a Mont Blanc Ball Point pen as a first pen, over
a Fountain Pen.

The bread and butter part of any Ball point pen is the refill part, which pretty much works
similarly in a $500 pen or a 50c pen. You're basically paying 99% of the pen for the shell,
or resin. It is like pouring perfume on a pig !!!

Even if you buy a Rollerball or Ballpoint first, I do agree you will find more 'practical' use
at work, but 9999/10000 times (if you get a FP later), you will get far more enjoyment
from using the FP.

It's not always buying something for work-related purposes. You said it yourself, you
work very hard and long hours, but you do also invest time with/to yourself. Why not
indulge, and spoil yourself with something you can really enjoy.

It is like going to a restaurant and being offered a glass of any wine or drink at no
cost to you, and you still opt to take a glass of tap water.

There are several sites such as fountain pen network, there is no ball point network or
rollerball network, all for a pretty good reason. Majority of pen enthusiasts, will discuss
how much they enjoy using their Fountain pens, more than the other kinds.

I made the mistake of getting a Mechanical Pencil and a Rollerball. I got the Fountain
Pen third. If I knew I was going to get this much more enjoyment from the FP, and if
I got the FP first, I would of just got myself two more fountain pens.

Personally myself, I would never get another pen again unless it was a Fountain Pen.

Like I said, when you go to the boutique, try out all the types that you can, with the
fountain pens, try out every nib possible. I.e. An Extra Fine, Fine, Medium, Broad,
Oblique, Oblique Broad (if they have it), Double Broad... at least one of those types
you will prefer. Ask as many questions as you can regarding ALL pens, they get paid
to know their products back to front, make them earn their cushy job.

I would seriously doubt anyone working in a store will talk you out of buying a Fountain
Pen and every user on this network will agree on that. It is not because it is most
expensive option, but the greatest enjoyment you will ever get out of a pen.
Old 4 September 2014, 02:13 PM   #26
Rusty888
"TRF" Member

I agree and disagree with you bling.

For you me and lion and others this is our thoughts.

However I am personally considering getting a MB ballpoint to match my fountain pen for areas where a fp doesn't work.

Now the OP has mentioned he cannot use a fp or doesn't want one just yet. I say go for it. I would say buy one that's a classic and you can add the fp to match years later. That is a 146 or 149.

There's many analogies but I like Ralph Lauren. Why would I buy this if Louis Vuitton makes the same thing just a little different. Some could say spending $200 on a shirt is stupid.

That's why we have choices and we each make our own decisions. Me I would never get a fine liner, rollerball or mechanical pencil from mb. But that's my choice.
Old 4 September 2014, 10:59 PM   #27
Bling72
"TRF" Member

My apologies to all, I mis-read the earlier statement, so FP is out. Ok, well the fineliner
would make a nicer option than the ball point, as the inks are much more vibrant, and
nicer. I have the Starwalker Fine Liner, and it both feels and looks nice to write with.

The refill colours are amazing. The Barbados Blue and Lavendar Purple are extremelly
nice.

On another note, a $200 shirt is nice if you can get 50-90% off it lol.
Old 4 September 2014, 11:05 PM   #28
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

No worries.

I shall add the fine liner to the list of pens to try out!
Old 4 September 2014, 11:10 PM   #29
Lion
"TRF" Member

Maybe I have not made myself clear...I do see a use for all types of pens and mechanical pencils...especially within the workplace environment.....

I no longer work so I prefer to use Fountain pens but if I did work I would use Rollerball pens and Gel writers in the workplace. Then in my personal life I would carry and use Fountain pens which give me great satisfaction. I also still use mechanical pencils when drafting Landscape Designs for friends and occasional clients.....

Mechanical pencils whether for Drafting Designs(I use mechanical pencils holding 2mm diameter graphite lead)purposes or for writing notes to the production floor in a factory. Pencils do have their uses...they are far superior to ink when used around water or in direct sunlight in greenhouses.....

The main point is there is no one right way to use and own only one type of writing instrument. They all have their distinct purposes and everyone is allowed to make their own choices!!!

Take care.....Leo

Old 5 September 2014, 12:06 AM   #30
Bling72
"TRF" Member

Fair call. Yes I would guess I would eventually find a use for my Mechanical Pencil :)

When I get to the stage where I could sketch and get more skilled in using a pencil.

The more pens you try the easier it will be to find something that really suits you.

Good luck.