The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 November 2021, 05:44 PM   #61
Bent_remy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster TinTin
Ok so it's been an couple of months now. Any luck in getting you Pepsi? have you reached back out to the AD?
Bent_remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 06:11 PM   #62
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
I emailed my AD to express my interest in a Pepsi gmt yesterday. My purchase history with this AD is limited to a Kermit that they sold me toward the end of last year.

After the purchase I bought a nice bottle of whiskey for the AD as well as coffee and donuts for the staff to show thanks.

My email:

“Hi!

Hope all is well.

I’ve really been enjoying my sub since you sold it to me, thanks very much once again.

With that said... there is a new void in my life that can only be filled with a Pepsi GMT :)

I know the wait is long, probably very very long, however I would really appreciate if you would put my name down for consideration.

With thanks,”

This was his response to my email.

“Dear (name omitted),

Thank you for your email. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your beautiful Rolex Submariner.

(AD name omitted) will note your interest and keep you in mind when a GMT-Master II becomes available.

Have a wonderful night!”

I’m excited and encouraged by the response, but thinking it could also be a gentle blow off.

What do you guys think? Maybe some of you guys are better versed in AD language than I am.
gift them cars!
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 09:47 PM   #63
ks58
Banned

Gotta start somewhere and I would jump back into the AD to chat more.
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 10:07 PM   #64
rolexperfect
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116506
I’d always show up in person rather than email. Maybe not possible but the best it to show up in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 November 2021, 10:26 PM   #65
Gobee
"TRF" Member

They already wrote you a nice check with the starbuck. If you have not done other business with them, they might want to prioritize the Pepsi to their good customers or give a chance to new person like it happened to you last year.
Gobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 10:33 PM   #66
Watchcollector123
"TRF" Member

First of all what you bought is not a Kermit. You could call it Cermit if you want to use a nick name.
As far as the email goes, I think there is a reason to feel a bit optimistic. First of all you got a response, secondly he cc’ed it to your SA and the response IMO is slightly better than a stock response. I wouldn’t get the hopes too up but you did the right thing and atleast they didn’t blow you off.
Good luck.
Watchcollector123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 11:10 PM   #67
t3mmaurer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41, Subc date
After reading through threads such as these, I get the feeling that all the naysayers that respond, and there are many, are just flippers or grey dealers.

Discouraging you from waiting the AD route is their way of getting you to buy grey.

Good luck OP with your pursuit!
t3mmaurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 11:17 PM   #68
Flintstone
"TRF" Member

OMG. You’ll have it by Christmas. NOT.
Flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 12:22 AM   #69
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

Sharing what I’m sure the AD considered a private email exchange with a public forum is in incredibly poor taste IMO, and would be enough for me to tell you I no longer wish to have you as a client. It’s a manipulative breach of trust and anyone with an ounce of sense would know this.
Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 12:49 AM   #70
Ferrari308
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona,GMT,Sub,DJ
I have hopes for the OP if for no reason other than all the naysayers in this thread.

PDG
Ferrari308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 12:54 AM   #71
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Emailed my AD about a Pepsi (see response)

Hey- They did sell you a Kermit so you definitely have a better chance of obtaining another piece that is not so easy to acquire. You should reach out to your sales associate directly though, just to be sure.

Ps- don’t listen to the naysayers and the negativity. People will make fun of you for spending 40-50 dollars to go get a bottle of whiskey for your sales associate because this is a “luxury product” and they’re the ones who should be gifting you, but small gestures like that go a long way. If that’s the way you see it- when you go out to eat you shouldn’t leave a good tip either since the restaurant should be thanking you for spending your money at the establishment. A good sales associate still goes to the higher ups and vouches for you to get the watch you’re inquiring about and they have more pull than we may think. A small gift to show your appreciation doesn’t hurt. It will only help you in the long run.

If your only goal here is obtaining hard to get Rolex pieces though, this all goes out the window. Most AD’s unless they sell jewelry too and not just watches don’t think of someone who only wants Rolex sports models and Patek’s as their ideal client.

Good luck- hoping it works out for you!

stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 01:18 AM   #72
envuks
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

“Accepted to waitlist” is the new incoming!

Cheers and good luck!

“A man with one watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.”
envuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 01:40 AM   #73
Tanalasta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by envuks View Post

Cheers and good luck!

Good luck. Sounds like they put you on the expressions of interest list. But it may be a long (very) long wait. One can only hope

Tanalasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 01:47 AM   #74
TomLou
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rlx 1807 President
…..You never know
TomLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 02:03 AM   #75
OpusXIII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy, Hulk, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
A void in your life from the lack of a watch lOl now I know why people are paying these prices. Good luck filling that void.
Exactly. That coupled with the whiskey, coffee, doughnuts? Folks act like it's the AD's doing us a favor. It's gotten ridiculous, almost to the point of embarrassment.
Old 30 November 2021, 02:18 AM   #76
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by envuks View Post

Cheers and good luck!

Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 07:49 AM   #77
Stoffel
Banned

Buying them whiskey, coffee and donuts because you’re so grateful they took your money? A void in your life? It’s just tragic, it really is.

You’re not the only one on here who thinks like that but I can’t get my head around it. My self respect is worth way more than any watch. If I had to kiss ass to get a watch I’d feel sick every time I looked at it.
Stoffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 09:43 AM   #78
Letitsnow
"TRF" Member

People that are laughing because you show your appreciation to get a Starbucks with no purchase history forget that right now on the market is up to the seller decide who gets the allocation, so this small details can be important when they think in someone to call.

Being said that, I think if didn't had any contact all the year alone would be a little bit hard to get it soon. My suggestion, go the AD and spent some time there, it would more beneficial towards you goal …
Letitsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 11:11 AM   #79
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

You got a Kermit as your first watch from an Ontario AD? What a lucky man you are, that's unbelievable. How'd you pull that off?
Parapraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 11:32 AM   #80
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Gentle blow off.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 11:34 AM   #81
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Generic response don’t get to excited about it. My opinion is since they got you the sub they are going to want you to spend some more money. You get 2 answers from an AD one we can’t add to list or we will put you on the list. Good luck hope it works out for you
dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 01:18 PM   #82
CAWatchLove
Banned

That generic response raises red flags for “on to the next”.

They are not allowed to tell you they cannot deliver or get you something. This is forbidden by Rolex so they have to be careful with how they blow you off.

This email response was the epitome of a blow off.
CAWatchLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 01:57 PM   #83
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
I emailed my AD to express my interest in a Pepsi gmt yesterday. My purchase history with this AD is limited to a Kermit that they sold me toward the end of last year.

After the purchase I bought a nice bottle of whiskey for the AD as well as coffee and donuts for the staff to show thanks.

My email:

“Hi!

Hope all is well.

I’ve really been enjoying my sub since you sold it to me, thanks very much once again.

With that said... there is a new void in my life that can only be filled with a Pepsi GMT :)

I know the wait is long, probably very very long, however I would really appreciate if you would put my name down for consideration.

With thanks,”

This was his response to my email.

“Dear (name omitted),

Thank you for your email. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your beautiful Rolex Submariner.

(AD name omitted) will note your interest and keep you in mind when a GMT-Master II becomes available.

Have a wonderful night!”

I’m excited and encouraged by the response, but thinking it could also be a gentle blow off.

What do you guys think? Maybe some of you guys are better versed in AD language than I am.
I have to be honest. These actions are pathetic of a grown person.

You have a void in your life that could only be filled by a watch? Plus a childish emoji to-boot?

Buying the sales staff coffee and donuts?

All of this is madness. I try to rationalize posts like this, but I just can’t. You are essentially begging a dealer to spend money with them, and willing to sacrifice any sense of dignity along the way in your pursuit. What ever happened to acting like an adult and going into the store to express your interest? You are buying luxury goods, they should be grateful to get your business. By buying the staff donuts, you have put yourself into a category of simps.

Adults should adult. Not beg watch dealers to sell them product because it’ll fill their juvenile void.
espanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 02:02 PM   #84
28mm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by espanol View Post

You have a void in your life that could only be filled by a watch? Plus a childish emoji to-boot?

All of this is madness. I try to rationalize posts like this, but I just can’t. You are essentially begging a dealer to spend money with them, and willing to sacrifice any sense of dignity along the way in your pursuit. What ever happened to acting like an adult and going into the store to express your interest? You are buying luxury goods, they should be grateful to get your business. By buying the staff donuts, you have put yourself into a category of simps.

Adults should adult. Not beg watch dealers to sell them product because it’ll fill their juvenile void.

^^^ Jeez espanol!

Give the guy a break!

We all have our ways of navigating these very odd times with trying to acquire watches we want. The OP has his and you have yours.

I get you don't approve but I think you're being overly harsh and unnecessarily judgmental. Calling his actions 'pathetic'?

C'mon now.
Old 30 November 2021, 02:47 PM   #85
28mm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari308 View Post
I have hopes for the OP if for no reason other than all the naysayers in this thread.

PDG
same! I think the OP did what he did his way and he's already had success. Is it over the top, too much, embarrassing and on and on?

Sure for the posters who get so bent out of shape, yes it would be embarrassing for them to do what he did.

What I like about it is that it's proactive and making things happen and in my experience, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Old 30 November 2021, 02:59 PM   #86
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Sad but the AD doesn't mention the whiskey or the coffee and donuts in the reply. What kind of whiskey was it?
Old 30 November 2021, 03:03 PM   #87
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Emailed my AD about a Pepsi (see response)

Quote:
Originally Posted by espanol View Post

While I agree with your sentiment you catch more flies with honey. I got my first Daytona because I did something similar back in 2017. I know a guy who gets every watch he wants from Patek and he ****** bakes the staff at the boutique brownies lol they love him.

The luxury has been somewhat removed from the process for many brands unfortunately. It’s why many have sought the haven of independents and vintage and honestly the door is closed on independents now too.
Old 30 November 2021, 04:30 PM   #88
RealMadrid1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona | BLNR
Hope for the best and expect the worst (or in this case, nothing).

Not realistic to expect a BLRO having purchased one watch (and a Cermit at that). SA probably feels like they already did you a favor. And I can’t really blame the SA for giving a throwaway response to a request for one of the hottest watches on earth with minimal spend history.
RealMadrid1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 04:44 PM   #89
EricUSC
"TRF" Member

This thread was posted on April 1, 2021. Stuff like this posted on April Fools Day should be taken seriously.
EricUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 05:31 PM   #90
28mm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricUSC View Post
This thread was posted on April 1, 2021. Stuff like this posted on April Fools Day should be taken seriously.

you won the forum!