The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 January 2014, 09:24 AM   #181
EricG75
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
2014 gt 500

Gt500
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.5 KB, 281 views)
EricG75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2014, 09:31 AM   #182
Sole_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaudC4S View Post
Vintage cars, vintage watches

Really my dream car...? A B5 RS4 I hate you :) Amazing collection!
Sole_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2014, 10:08 AM   #183
jmusser3r
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by utaeng96 View Post
Good Ole American V8!
Love the BOSS 302 Laguna Seca! Best sounding car under $50k IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
My two gt's.
I don't think those two gt's can be topped.
jmusser3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2014, 10:29 AM   #184
newrolexman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG75 View Post
Gt500

Nice car!
newrolexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2014, 11:59 AM   #185
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Gentlemen, some very impressive and unique cars, love this thread! In case you guys are wondering, my avatar pic originated on the AMG and Mercedes forums as my 1st AMG was a 2008 C63 and then I became enamored by the AMG brand but I am a fanatic and respect every single car. Here is a pic of mine......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20120927_134647.jpg (116.8 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg photo-1.jpg (94.0 KB, 232 views)
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2014, 12:07 PM   #186
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Gentlemen, some very impressive and unique cars, love this thread! In case you guys are wondering, my avatar pic originated on the AMG and Mercedes forums as my 1st AMG was a 2008 C63 and then I became enamored by the AMG brand but I am a fanatic and respect every single car. Here is a pic of mine......
For the most part, I think people have mixed feelings about the SLS, but I absolutely love it. I cannot get over what a beautiful car is. I was actually having a conversation with a friend of mine not too long ago about the best looking cars in recent history and I couldn't think of a single car that looked better than the SLS. Of course, many will disagree, but MB hit a grand slam with that car. Inside and out... just perfect.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2014, 12:07 PM   #187
zion_rasta
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II ceramic
In the north where cars get a beating during the winter, they are just transportation tools.

I rather spend money on a platinum Daytona than a luxury car... And it is not about one or the other, I just don't care for cars.

Watches and bicycles...
Sold - Daytona 116523; YM 116622; Datejust 16233
zion_rasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2014, 12:33 PM   #188
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

[QUOTE=Homebrw;4640314]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrolexman View Post
Any Shelby GT500 guys here?

No Shelby, but I was saving for a blower that would put me in that range before we expatted to France. I think the Shelby GT500 is arguably the most bang for the buck. Certainly the most HP per $. I do love my 7 year old triple black GT vert though, and she has 17,000 pristine, rain-free miles on her. Hard to keep black cars and SS watches swirl free!

Chris
Nice rig!
It takes a great detailer to keep a black car swirl free. A lot of work,but totally worth it. Where are you in the Carolinas?
G8RDPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2014, 12:44 PM   #189
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJack View Post
Too true Tom...... and the trouble is once you know it's an option..... you have to have it..... I never even knew you could have red leather air vents before they were mentioned ....... but as soon as I knew I could......it's suddenly a must have....

Steve,Love your Turbo S. Did you have to pay more to get the steering in the wrong(right)side?
Great to see you back on the attire thread!
Hope all is well on your side. It's cold in the south!
Old 9 January 2014, 12:46 PM   #190
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
My two gt's.
Those are truly great cars.
Drive them safely!
Old 9 January 2014, 12:52 PM   #191
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

Had 2 recent get togethers with my close friends.
First weekend we had perfect weather.
Had a Porsche play date. My 997 Turbo and my friends GT3 Cup car.
The second week about a month later we invited my other friend. He brought his SLS Roadster. Sadly,the weather did not cooperate.
We did have an amazing looking garage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4031.jpg (99.2 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg SLS Driveway_2.jpg (75.3 KB, 199 views)
Old 9 January 2014, 01:09 PM   #192
1st amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
For the most part, I think people have mixed feelings about the SLS, but I absolutely love it. I cannot get over what a beautiful car is. I was actually having a conversation with a friend of mine not too long ago about the best looking cars in recent history and I couldn't think of a single car that looked better than the SLS. Of course, many will disagree, but MB hit a grand slam with that car. Inside and out... just perfect.
You are right Wes,until you actually get to experience all the SLS has to offer, it may be a car that will not get the first vote. But if you do get to sit and feel or hear this car, it will change your perspective...I for one am content to be lucky to attain this car, especially that MB just announced it is not continuing production as they always had stated it would be a three or four year production run only.
Old 9 January 2014, 01:11 PM   #193
1st amg

Jamie, your two cars are the ones I lust after, both cars are collectible and hard to acquire. Enjoy them both in good health!
Old 10 January 2014, 02:44 AM   #194
DiamondJack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RDPM View Post
Steve,Love your Turbo S. Did you have to pay more to get the steering in the wrong(right)side?
Great to see you back on the attire thread!
Hope all is well on your side. It's cold in the south!
Quote:
The second week about a month later we invited my other friend. He brought his SLS Roadster. Sadly,the weather did not cooperate.
Thanks and surprisingly no extra cost for the steering wheel on the right hand side....... possibly the only thing Porsche don't charge extra for......

I love your white Turbo and that would have been my preferred colour but I really wanted a red interior and it just went so well with the metallic black paintwork. But quite a stable you have there with your friends beauties. What is the GT3 Cup car like compared to your Turbo? I also still prefer the shape of the 997 (meaner looking than the 991 ) and interior of the 997 (hate that big centre consol on the 991) so i don't think I'll be changing anytime soon.

Yes in London, the weather is very mild and apart from coastal areas suffering with flooding, and all in all we have had a very easy winter........ I saw Joey's clip throwing hot water and it turning into to ice...... amazing!!!
DiamondJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 02:54 AM   #195
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJack View Post
Thanks and surprisingly no extra cost for the steering wheel on the right hand side....... possibly the only thing Porsche don't charge extra for......

I love your white Turbo and that would have been my preferred colour but I really wanted a red interior and it just went so well with the metallic black paintwork. But quite a stable you have there with your friends beauties. What is the GT3 Cup car like compared to your Turbo? I also still prefer the shape of the 997 (meaner looking than the 991 ) and interior of the 997 (hate that big centre consol on the 991) so i don't think I'll be changing anytime soon.

Yes in London, the weather is very mild and apart from coastal areas suffering with flooding, and all in all we have had a very easy winter........ I saw Joey's clip throwing hot water and it turning into to ice...... amazing!!!
The GT3 Cup car has had a lot of work done to it. My friend drives it at the track(a lot). It sounds amazing(as does the SLS). The Turbo is faster in a straight line,but around corners,there is no comparison. The Turbo is a great daily driver,but I think the GT3 would be too rough.

My prior car(997S) was black. Easily my favorite color for a car,but not easy to keep clean and swirl free.
Old 10 January 2014, 03:40 AM   #196
Survivor
Banned

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zion_rasta View Post
In the north where cars get a beating during the winter, they are just transportation tools.

I rather spend money on a platinum Daytona than a luxury car... And it is not about one or the other, I just don't care for cars.

Watches and bicycles...
The thread is for "Car Enthusiasts" not for "Non-Enthusiasts"
Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 04:22 AM   #197
DiamondJack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few
Quote:
The GT3 Cup car has had a lot of work done to it. My friend drives it at the track(a lot). It sounds amazing(as does the SLS). The Turbo is faster in a straight line,but around corners,there is no comparison. The Turbo is a great daily driver,but I think the GT3 would be too rough.

My prior car(997S) was black. Easily my favorite color for a car,but not easy to keep clean and swirl free.
It would be fantastic to have a go in a GT3 Cup car..... not that my abilities on the track would make much difference....... I had a go in a friend's Radical last year and that was quite incredible and started to give you an idea of the g-forces racing drivers experience. The grip when cornering was astounding and on quite a few corners after a while you just didn't need to step off the gas at all....... but had neckache for a few days later....

And black is a nightmare to keep clean. The guy I use to clean mine is however loving his increased business!!!
DiamondJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 04:46 AM   #198
tkerrmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: ME RACE PORSCHES
Quote:

Your friends car looks like a street GT3 is it a factory "Cup" race car? cause inside would look like this…not very street friendly, but either way awesome car!

tkerrmd is offline   Reply With Quote