The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 27 July 2020, 06:21 AM   #121
Jfullm42
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdjr View Post
Jeff -

You are an honest buyer as well as seller and I am very sorry that this
happened.

Don Duffee
Thank you Don, appreciate the kind words my friend
Old 27 July 2020, 06:28 AM   #122
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
I posted this earlier, but there is reference to TempoKing in Florida as well as Greece?

So was it Greece or Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 July 2020, 06:33 AM   #123
wb55
"TRF" Member

A member for 12 years banned for a bracelet. What an idiot. Once again sorry to hear you were scammed but at least it wasn't worse and thankfully he is now gone from here.
Old 27 July 2020, 06:44 AM   #124
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
So was it Greece or Florida?
Shipped from Greece
Old 27 July 2020, 06:46 AM   #125
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb55 View Post
A member for 12 years banned for a bracelet. What an idiot. Once again sorry to hear you were scammed but at least it wasn't worse and thankfully he is now gone from here.
There has to be more to this story that we're not privy to. Mods don't ban, especially long established members in good standing (until now), without good reason.
Old 27 July 2020, 06:53 AM   #126
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Listing format and language seems to have changed on recent posts. Also, TempoKing's profile shows no "new" posts started for few months but the "posts" list shows bumps of sales listing posted on the lady fee days?. Many of those are flagged as sold. My gut says TempoKing was hacked and more people have been scammed but not sure why a beat up bracelet was shipped when the standard scam is surely nothing shipped at all? Perhaps substandard goods keeps the scam alive a little longer and allows more people to get burnt?

I wonder if we see other buyers in the next few days saying they received bad watches, fakes, or nothing at all?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 27 July 2020, 06:55 AM   #127
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsthetime? View Post
lolwut, this isn't name calling? I'm pretty sure it is. And as you mentioned, everyone is entitled to their opinion (which this isn't mine, but rather a thought) so don't dismiss it or knock it. You must live in fairyland. Open your eye to all aspects that go on outside of fairyland.
lolwut? Fairyland, says the guy who thinks it was a switch by a package handler at a Fed ex or whatever facility So just so I'm following correctly, your take is it was an inside job of an employee who has been hanging on to a pieced together bracelet. Just happens to know, this particular package had a pristine bracelet in it. Does a masterful switch, and sends the pieced together bracelet off to the buyer and no one the wiser? I think Fairyland is calling, and you're the next president...
Old 27 July 2020, 06:59 AM   #128
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
They could make a movie out of it and call it Ocean’s 14 (links).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 July 2020, 07:04 AM   #129
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
lolwut? Fairyland, says the guy who thinks it was a switch by a package handler at a Fed ex or whatever facility So just so I'm following correctly, your take is it was an inside job of an employee who has been hanging on to a pieced together bracelet. Just happens to know, this particular package had a pristine bracelet in it. Does a masterful switch, and sends the pieced together bracelet off to the buyer and no one the wiser? I think Fairyland is calling, and you're the next president...
I think we found our 'Missing Link'
Old 27 July 2020, 08:24 AM   #130
JustinK
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1530,1665,1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
Listing format and language seems to have changed on recent posts. Also, TempoKing's profile shows no "new" posts started for few months but the "posts" list shows bumps of sales listing posted on the lady fee days?. Many of those are flagged as sold. My gut says TempoKing was hacked and more people have been scammed but not sure why a beat up bracelet was shipped when the standard scam is surely nothing shipped at all? Perhaps substandard goods keeps the scam alive a little longer and allows more people to get burnt?

I wonder if we see other buyers in the next few days saying they received bad watches, fakes, or nothing at all?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Nothing on his Facebook page for four years until recently and not high end stuff like a hacker is trying to scam people. Maybe he has someone else handling his business at the moment.

Old 27 July 2020, 08:38 AM   #131
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
I have not spoken to Anastasios in over a year. The last time I saw him we had lunch in Athens May 2019. He moved to Vietnam and was traveling between Greece and Vietnam. Ive done more deals with him than I can remember. In the 15 years that I have known him he has never once did anybody wrong that i know of and has done plenty of favors for watch enthusiasts. He values his reputation and is a man of his word. If he had intentions to scam he could have done it on the countless 100k plus transactions he does all over the world. This does not make any sense to me and this is not how the Anastasios that I know conducts business.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
Old 27 July 2020, 08:44 AM   #132
offrdmania
2024 Pledge Member

Most likely the account being banned is because it is a fished account and the Mods want him to prove that its really him and not a scammer.
Old 27 July 2020, 08:51 AM   #133
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Most likely the account being banned is because it is a fished account and the Mods want him to prove that its really him and not a scammer.
This is where my head is at as well.

Really crazy story, but when folks like Nikos have such strong opinions of the seller, it’s hard to ignore. I truly hope you’re right and that this is all to do with a nefarious hack job.

Jeff, I feel badly for you as ultimately you were short changed and regardless of how it happened it’s a tough pill to swallow.

I really hope we can learn what ultimately happened here.
Old 27 July 2020, 08:57 AM   #134
Jfullm42
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbum View Post
I have not spoken to Anastasios in over a year. The last time I saw him we had lunch in Athens May 2019. He moved to Vietnam and was traveling between Greece and Vietnam. Ive done more deals with him than I can remember. In the 15 years that I have known him he has never once did anybody wrong that i know of and has done plenty of favors for watch enthusiasts. He values his reputation and is a man of his word. If he had intentions to scam he could have done it on the countless 100k plus transactions he does all over the world. This does not make any sense to me and this is not how the Anastasios that I know conducts business.
Thank you for sharing this Nick, I appreciate you shedding light, and I do agree, it seems completely out of character. That is also why I posted earlier on if anyone has spoken to him that has a relationship with him. I have a strong feeling that this was not the real Anastasios, but a hacker who got into his email and TRF account. That is really the only logical thing that makes sense to me. I just don't get why I would receive anything if it were a hacker. Overall it is such a weird situation and I hope someone can get in contact with him to hear if he has any idea about this.
Old 27 July 2020, 08:58 AM   #135
Jfullm42
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
That is what I am hopeful for as well, not hopeful in the way that I am out money, but hopeful that this wasn't really him
Old 27 July 2020, 09:00 AM   #136
Jfullm42
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
This is where my head is at as well.

Really crazy story, but when folks like Nikos have such strong opinions of the seller, it’s hard to ignore. I truly hope you’re right and that this is all to do with a nefarious hack job.

Jeff, I feel badly for you as ultimately you were short changed and regardless of how it happened it’s a tough pill to swallow.

I really hope we can learn what ultimately happened here.
Me too, me too, I would really love to know from his side. Once again if anyone knows Anastasios and can talk with him over the phone I'd be curious on what he would say, or if he even knows
Old 27 July 2020, 09:03 AM   #137
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
There has to be more to this story that we're not privy to. Mods don't ban, especially long established members in good standing (until now), without good reason.
Exactly. There must have been something there. My money is on the mods.
Old 27 July 2020, 09:19 AM   #138
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbum View Post
Since you know Anastasios personally can you confirm the Greek cell number in the recent FS listings is legit +30 6949.5988.27
Old 27 July 2020, 09:43 AM   #139
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Just reading this thread...

A regretful experience and outcome for the OP, but not great form from either member when digging deeper.

Both their comments actually damage their collective reputations. It was handled very poorly by both.

I hope the OP can be whole again with the item or funds and I wish TK well. I bought an OQ from him waaay back with no problems.

Learn from this one Buyers and Sellers.

Old 27 July 2020, 12:48 PM   #140
whatsthetime?
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishy26 View Post
Come on my friend, buyer’s got a dud and seller’s a long time member here, many consider him a friend. An unfortunate situation overall, far from a resolution. Don’t troll this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
I think we found our 'Missing Link'
I stand by my thought of possibility, regardless of your being blind to the real world we live in where anything is possible.
Old 27 July 2020, 01:06 PM   #141
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I stand by my thought of possibility, regardless of your being blind to the real world we live in where anything is possible.
You're entitled to your beliefs even if no one else believes them
Old 27 July 2020, 01:09 PM   #142
perchek
"TRF" Member

I'm a soon to be first time 116613 owner and threads like these always scare me when it comes to buying from anyone other than an AD. I feel like, at any moment, a reputable seller can go rogue, get hacked, etc. and the end result is I'd get screwed. I commend those who still partake in the risk of wiring cash.

Regarding this case, I still believe it to be something like I mentioned earlier. I'm just guessing that he has someone working for him doing these lesser deals, who may not have been as honest/upstanding as he is, and changed the links on the bracelet before sending. Or it's just the fact that these COVID times have hit us all hard, and some have decided it's time to start cutting corners!
Old 28 July 2020, 03:49 AM   #143
Littletommy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
This customs nonsense is too far fetched
Yes, it's utterly ridiculous.
Old 28 July 2020, 04:03 AM   #144
whatsthetime?
"TRF" Member

It's my though and I didn't ask for anyones opinion, so leave it alone and grow up already.
Enough is enough you're all like a bunch of gossiping little pampered girls.
Old 28 July 2020, 04:17 AM   #145
VonSlingshot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's my though and I didn't ask for anyones opinion, so leave it alone and grow up already.
Yet you keep coming back to add your $0.0000000000000000002

Anything is indeed possible.
You could be a nice person
Old 28 July 2020, 04:35 AM   #146
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
If you don't want opinions, don't put it on social media. BTW, how's your move going? You know, to fairyland....
Old 28 July 2020, 04:41 AM   #147
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littletommy View Post
Yes, it's utterly ridiculous.
Agreed! It’s so out of left field!
Old 28 July 2020, 04:43 AM   #148
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear that. I bought a very nice 16800 of him before he went native.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
No, dead. A sad demise.
dP

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Old 28 July 2020, 04:44 AM   #149
Beauregard
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116719BLRO
Quote:
This customs nonsense is too far fetched

A little comic relief for this sad situation.