The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 23 July 2014, 07:22 PM   #241
The_Walrus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
You would have to pay some consideration of where you are heading so not really a question you can pose here to the forum generally speaking.
If I was to head back to Rio for instance, no. I'd leave my watch back at home.
Thankfully when I got mugged there back in 2004 I had my last 5 bucks on me.
Old 23 July 2014, 10:04 PM   #242
Eugene-Taiwan
"TRF" Member

Nope
116520 Black Dial, Tudor Heritage Classic Blue,116680,NomosAhoi,116710BLNR,ROO carbon 44mm,PAM507
Old 23 July 2014, 10:48 PM   #243
Roger1079
"TRF" Member

Am I the only one chuckling at the posts where people talk about wearing Tag's and Omega's where they feel uneasy about wearing a Rolex?

"I only wear my $1500-$4000 watches in places that make me uneasy and leave my $8000-$12000 watches at home."
Old 23 July 2014, 11:01 PM   #244
Roger1079
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post
Is that really necessary?

Have you ever been jumped or threatened. I would never leave the house without my keys or wallet but a gun would never cross my mind.

Here in the uk we have queensberry rules
One doesn't have to have been attacked or robbed before to take measures to prevent them from being a victim. I suppose your attitude toward firearms is due to the brainwashing caused by their prohibition in the UK.
Old 23 July 2014, 11:55 PM   #245
Case61
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGROLESAR View Post
No! If backed into a corner I use it as brass knuckles ...... it has advanced shock protection .

As you might recall, James Bond actually did that in one of the books. It was On Her Majesty's Secret Service, I believe (again, the book, not the P/o/S movie). Bond is trying to escape from the chalet, sneaks up on a guard, and uses his Rolex as brass knuckles to cold-cock the guard. The watch is smashed, and Bond wonders whether he can put a new Rolex on his expense report.

I'm going from memory of reading the book decades ago when I was a teenager, so I may not have it quite right. But I think I remember it in part because it was the first time I had heard of a Rolex. And I figured if Bond was wearing it, it must be cool.
Old 24 July 2014, 12:09 AM   #246
Bendey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
In Hong Kong, I never worry. Totally safe here, night or day, as it is in Japan. I'd be more cautious travelling in the Western world.
From reading the news, in HK i think more Rolex got stolen from home or shop then from someone wrist.
Old 24 July 2014, 12:09 AM   #247
Alexwwjd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
I live in Mexico and wear these: GMT BLNR, DJ II TT, Omega Seamaster PO, Panerai. I have never had a problem. When I was in college I got robbed, this guy took my Timex (Titanium by the way). I chased him not too close because he had a gun but saw here he went. I went to the Police station who went with me to get the guy but never recovered my precious Timex. Mexico city is a different scenario, thieves there know watches, just like the thieves in the big cities of the world. I'm most of the time in small towns so nobody cares what I wear. I just try to be careful and not getting in places where I can be a victim.
Old 24 July 2014, 12:18 AM   #248
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1079 View Post
One doesn't have to have been attacked or robbed before to take measures to prevent them from being a victim. I suppose your attitude toward firearms is due to the brainwashing caused by their prohibition in the UK.
Thanks for your wisdom Mr Genius.

I'm just off for my brainwashing appointment.
Old 24 July 2014, 01:11 AM   #249
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
As this thread is going down hill fast with some real stupid comments its closed before some members get shown the door of no return.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Closed Thread