The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 4 December 2013, 02:58 PM   #31
busytimmy
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
BUMP
Can we get an update from the OP please? Still loving the watch? Any more observations to share?
busytimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2013, 04:57 PM   #32
Qimchi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Everything
Let me input some of my own thoughts on the white dial 5711, which I have owned it for approx 10 mths now.

It has been my daily watch since I first bought it and am still loving it. So far, it only sustained minor hairline scratches given that I wear the watch with logical and reasonable care. Most of the scratches are found at the polished link area and more scratches towards the clasp. I suspect the scratches happened when I was using my laptop and contacts with cufflinks. I can say that even with these scratches, the 5711 still look pretty. It does not need to be in pristine condition to look like 5711.

In regards to the movement, I have not encountered any mechanical or physical issues. I believe most people will agree that the clasp for 5711 "seems fragile". But on average I put on/took out my watch about 2 times a day and I can say that it is still holding strong. My arm movement can also be quite big, which leads to the rotor winding the watch and I can tell you it is a big joy to hear it spin. And at times, I will purposely spin my watch just to hear the rotor...abit crazy I know...

Like many of the owners before me mentioned. This watch can be worn casually or formally and it really does so. It bend in particularly very well with my Silver iPhone 5S, tribute to Mont Blanc pen and my penguin attire (White shirt & black pants). Strangely I am finding myself getting stuffs that are silver, white and black to compliment my 5711......crazy again I know...

Personally I have yet to test the timing of the watch and I have not been in a situation whereby I need to change the time due to watch running either too fast or too slow. Call me crazy the 3rd time, but I always look forward to the months without 31 days so that I have a reason to pull out the crown and enjoy changing the date and winding the watch.

Here is a picture of my watch at the work desk (Friday is a dress down day )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5711.jpg (83.0 KB, 1317 views)
Qimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2013, 01:06 AM   #33
myclue
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Beautiful!
myclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2013, 07:00 PM   #34
redsubby
"TRF" Member

Hi Qimchi, how big is your wrist? Judging by the photo, just over 6 in?
Mine is between 6.75 and 7 and when I tried one on, it felt pretty small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qimchi View Post
Let me input some of my own thoughts on the white dial 5711, which I have owned it for approx 10 mths now.

It has been my daily watch since I first bought it and am still loving it. So far, it only sustained minor hairline scratches given that I wear the watch with logical and reasonable care. Most of the scratches are found at the polished link area and more scratches towards the clasp. I suspect the scratches happened when I was using my laptop and contacts with cufflinks. I can say that even with these scratches, the 5711 still look pretty. It does not need to be in pristine condition to look like 5711.

In regards to the movement, I have not encountered any mechanical or physical issues. I believe most people will agree that the clasp for 5711 "seems fragile". But on average I put on/took out my watch about 2 times a day and I can say that it is still holding strong. My arm movement can also be quite big, which leads to the rotor winding the watch and I can tell you it is a big joy to hear it spin. And at times, I will purposely spin my watch just to hear the rotor...abit crazy I know...

Like many of the owners before me mentioned. This watch can be worn casually or formally and it really does so. It bend in particularly very well with my Silver iPhone 5S, tribute to Mont Blanc pen and my penguin attire (White shirt & black pants). Strangely I am finding myself getting stuffs that are silver, white and black to compliment my 5711......crazy again I know...

Personally I have yet to test the timing of the watch and I have not been in a situation whereby I need to change the time due to watch running either too fast or too slow. Call me crazy the 3rd time, but I always look forward to the months without 31 days so that I have a reason to pull out the crown and enjoy changing the date and winding the watch.

Here is a picture of my watch at the work desk (Friday is a dress down day )
redsubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2013, 03:33 PM   #35
Qimchi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Everything
Yes sir. My wrist is around 6". In fact I kind of wish I have a bigger wrist so that I would not miss out on so many beautiful and big watches. I saw many pictures of other owners with bigger wrist size and I thought the 5711 fits them perfectly.

I think the 5711 is probably my max size. Believe it or not, I was initially thinking of 5800 instead.
Qimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2013, 04:37 PM   #36
redsubby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qimchi View Post
Yes sir. My wrist is around 6". In fact I kind of wish I have a bigger wrist so that I would not miss out on so many beautiful and big watches. I saw many pictures of other owners with bigger wrist size and I thought the 5711 fits them perfectly.

I think the 5711 is probably my max size. Believe it or not, I was initially thinking of 5800 instead.
I actually think the 5711 looks good on your smaller wrist. For me, I think it'd be too small. For some reason it wears pretty small.
redsubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2013, 08:42 AM   #37
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by busytimmy View Post
BUMP
Can we get an update from the OP please? Still loving the watch? Any more observations to share?
Simply put, I love my 5711 in white.

It has become my go to watch, getting the majority of wrist time. I have been spoiled for all other watches and I sold three to get this one and do not regret it one bit.

I am considering selling some others that I am not wearing, I find myself reaching for the 5711 in just about every case. I wear it to work and it gives me real pleasure to put it on with some jeans for a casual dinner out.

It has been running consistently -2 per day and wears great. Very comfortable. I used to enjoy the heavy feel of a larger watch but as I detailed in my original post, my weight loss and wrist shrinkage have given me more appreciation for a watch that is not top heavy or overly large.

If you have not looked at one, do so. If you have not tried one on, do so. I am not going to debate the blue vs. white as that has been done to death. I like both, I like my white dial as it is clean, sporty and very legible.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2013, 08:31 AM   #38
Nytol

Watch: AP 15300
A fantastic read.

I love the 5711 in white, I tried to get one from a couple of places a few months ago, but ultimately had no luck.

I’d previously tried the AP15400 in white and did not like it, but a twist of fate had me try the 15300, and I loved it, so got one.

I’m not actively seeking the 5711 right now as I’m enjoying the AP, but will no doubt be looking to add one in the new year.
Nytol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2013, 05:12 AM   #39
Turkish
"TRF" Member

Super review, thanks.
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 06:34 AM   #40
MATCH1969
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage
Bought mine last Summer and still in love with it !

image.jpg
MATCH1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2014, 02:33 PM   #41
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Great review!
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2014, 07:02 PM   #42
Tony-GB
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116680 & 116622
Love coming back to this review. Any more updates...?

http://www.helenanddouglas.org.uk/

www.cheetah.org
Tony-GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2014, 10:17 AM   #43
Joshuamaxkatz
"TRF" Member

Super pretty; congrats!
Joshuamaxkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2014, 06:57 AM   #44
ksbjkn
"TRF" Member

Great review!
ksbjkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2014, 09:28 AM   #45
Louribal
"TRF" Member

Awesome review and pics
Louribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2014, 07:10 PM   #46
Touring
2024 Pledge Member

One of the better reviews I've read. Congratulations!
Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2014, 01:02 PM   #47
Fleekk
"TRF" Member

I totally enjoy the review.

I am currently considering the blue dial but I got a question, does is this beauty a hairlines magnet on the dial?
Fleekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2014, 05:24 PM   #48
mario belgium
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,2xHeuer
This review is superb,
mario belgium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2014, 08:43 PM   #49
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Awesome review. Thank you for taking the time Brian.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2014, 01:42 AM   #50
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I would be interested if it came in WG to add some weight. It is a nice looking watch. It just felt a bit light on my wrist. But it looks great on both of you guys. Superb review.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2015, 08:15 PM   #51
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Brian, I hope you update this thread over time. It'd be great to see how you feel about the watch in 3 months, 1yr, etc.
Two year update:

I am back in the islands and although my 5711 is safely tucked into its bed inside my safe, it is getting a much need rest as it is my go to watch, getting most of my daily wear time.

Simply put I love this watch. It's fits as if it were a custom made piece. The white is crisp and easy to read and while all stainless steel scratches, the bracelet, clasp and bezel look very good. Time keeping remains at about -1.5 seconds per day.

I will likely be bringing something home with me but that honeymoon will be short as I will want my Nautilus back on my wrist.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 2 July 2015, 05:21 AM   #52
engin33r
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, Daytona, DD2
Nice.... thanks for the review
engin33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2015, 11:43 AM   #53
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Thanks for the update brian. Your review was critical in my ability to assess the white before acquiring it myself this spring
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2015, 07:51 AM   #54
topcat30093
"TRF" Member

Thanks for your update.

Good to read that you are still enjoying it and equally important wearing it on a very regular basis.

Look forward to reading your "Incoming" :)
Old 4 July 2015, 10:48 AM   #55
Abdon
"TRF" Member

Watch: All I can!
GREAT review, EXCELLENT watch!!! I really enjoy mine as well, I too have the 5711 in all white...still enamored by its classic beauty!!! Thank you for the update!!!

SS Sub 16610, 5513 meters first Sub, Tag Heuer Autavia (2003),Seiko Orange Monster, Seiko Turtle, Breitling Superocean
Abdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2015, 10:06 PM   #56
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Thanks for the update brian. Your review was critical in my ability to assess the white before acquiring it myself this spring
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat30093 View Post
Thanks for your update.

Good to read that you are still enjoying it and equally important wearing it on a very regular basis.

Look forward to reading your "Incoming" :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdon View Post
GREAT review, EXCELLENT watch!!! I really enjoy mine as well, I too have the 5711 in all white...still enamored by its classic beauty!!! Thank you for the update!!!
Thanks everyone, glad to see others enjoying the white dial.

Working on my new review now.
Old 15 July 2015, 01:00 AM   #57
Slider817
"TRF" Member

Watch: Journe, AP & Lange
great Review, thanks for the update, the 5711 in white is on my short list, might take about a year or so till I can get one, just purchased a few watches, but I think it will be my next major purchase.
Slider817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2015, 05:33 PM   #58
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
Great to see the love enduring, I like my Aquanaut more now 18 months on than when I got it. Took me a while to live with and accept the rotor noise. Everything else I love.

The Nautilus is a cracking piece and a favourite of the forum.
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2015, 10:40 AM   #59
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Thanks for updating the thread. This has got to be one of the hottest white dial pieces on the market...fantastic review, too.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2015, 05:24 AM   #60
roxytico
"TRF" Member

Watch: V-MAC ANTIMAGNETIC
Blue is the warmest color

Quote:
Originally Posted by robisan View Post
The Nautilus series Pateks are a beauty, thanks for this thread and enjoy it.
Couldn't agree more. I find the 5711 tremendously elegant.
roxytico is offline   Reply With Quote