The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 18 June 2018, 12:55 PM   #1
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Anyone here own the IWC Portuguese Classic? Question about the 89361 movement

I tried on the Portuguese classic and the base Portuguese -- both blue and white dials, with the intention of getting the base model with the modified 7750 Valjoux movement, given how reliable and easy to fix it is.

But the blue dial classic was something to behold, and was the watch I loved (both blue and white dial versions) more.

However, I've read where there were some issues with the poor accuracy of the movement shortly after the watch came out in 2013.

To me, having a high end watch with an in house movement is ideal, but not if it means it's a movement that has known poor accuracy, especially when a modified workhorse movement like the Valjoux outperforms it in that regard.
To me, that simply shouldn't happen, but I know that it's not uncommon.

Does anyone here have experience with this watch?
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 01:07 PM   #2
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmd View Post
I tried on the Portuguese classic and the base Portuguese -- both blue and white dials, with the intention of getting the base model with the modified 7750 Valjoux movement, given how reliable and easy to fix it is.

But the blue dial classic was something to behold, and was the watch I loved (both blue and white dial versions) more.

However, I've read where there were some issues with the poor accuracy of the movement shortly after the watch came out in 2013.

To me, having a high end watch with an in house movement is ideal, but not if it means it's a movement that has known poor accuracy, especially when a modified workhorse movement like the Valjoux outperforms it in that regard.
To me, that simply shouldn't happen, but I know that it's not uncommon.

Does anyone here have experience with this watch?
I can’t comment, but very interested in the responses. I’ve been looking at a couple of models in the IWC lineup, want to know what owners and users think.
Old 25 June 2018, 10:18 PM   #3
jd57
"TRF" Member

I have the Rose Gold White Dial Chronograph Classic and find it to be reliable and accurate. It is a bit of a chunky watch, which is great for the weekend but not so much with a shirt cuff and a suit. It does dress up or down well except for thickness.
jd57 is offline   Reply With Quote