The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 June 2018, 11:52 PM   #1
Amazing
"TRF" Member

OP 39 Rhodium Dial UK availability

I am wondering if anyone has experience in picking up the OP39 in the UK. I would think this is a more readily available piece. I think it looks like a great watch and a good start in the Rolex world.

I have been looking to buy something with my AD to establish a relationship, with the caveat of it being something I actually want to wear. The rhodium or black dialed models appeal to me. My long term target pieces are a 116500LN and one of the more colourful GMTs.

All thoughts are welcome.
Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 02:54 AM   #2
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
I am wondering if anyone has experience in picking up the OP39 in the UK. I would think this is a more readily available piece. I think it looks like a great watch and a good start in the Rolex world.

I have been looking to buy something with my AD to establish a relationship, with the caveat of it being something I actually want to wear. The rhodium or black dialed models appeal to me. My long term target pieces are a 116500LN and one of the more colourful GMTs.

All thoughts are welcome.
Good luck with the OP, I think it’s a lovely watch, especially the new white and black dial. Maybe also consider a standard DJ with the smooth bezel and oyster bracelet.

However don’t buy it thinking it will grant you a golden ticket to a BLNR/Pepsi/Daytona....it likely won’t.

ADs keep these/prioritise these for high spenders/VIPs/friends of the AD, often people spending 6 figures plus per year. Purchasing one watch from them won’t cut it and you’ll only set yourself up for disappointment.

That’s my advice, if you’d rather have a Blnr/Daytona,you’d be better paying the premium now than buying something you don’t really want.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 03:01 PM   #3
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Good luck with the OP, I think it’s a lovely watch, especially the new white and black dial. Maybe also consider a standard DJ with the smooth bezel and oyster bracelet.

However don’t buy it thinking it will grant you a golden ticket to a BLNR/Pepsi/Daytona....it likely won’t.

ADs keep these/prioritise these for high spenders/VIPs/friends of the AD, often people spending 6 figures plus per year. Purchasing one watch from them won’t cut it and you’ll only set yourself up for disappointment.

That’s my advice, if you’d rather have a Blnr/Daytona,you’d be better paying the premium now than buying something you don’t really want.

Agreed. Unfortunately, that’s the way of the world currently...
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 04:40 PM   #4
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

I bought the exact watch you’re after a couple of months ago. It’s not a waiting list piece, I emailed my AD wanting to try it on alongside the red grape version. I was told it was slightly less readily available than the other two (excluding Basel releases) and I got the call that it was in store for me to try a couple of weeks later.

To give an alternative perspective to the other two replies, I had no relationship with a Rolex AD until last Summer. I was after a BLNR and also an OP31 for the wife, planning on buying both from the same AD. After visiting multiple AD’s and getting on lists in various places but with no luck, I just went ahead and bought the OP31 from one of my local AD’s and forgot about the BLNR. 6 months later, in January, I got the call from that same local AD and picked it up. Now, things may be even tougher now trying to pick up hot Rolexes, but it is possible. Talk to the dealer, show some interest. If they have some affinity for you and think you might become a good customer, you never know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 19 June 2018, 05:41 PM   #5
Pavlos
"TRF" Member

I have the OP39 Rhodium. I keep calling AD's, you will find one within two months. I came across a date Submariner after five months, but went for OP39 as I liked it
Pavlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 05:47 PM   #6
Pavlos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
I bought the exact watch you’re after a couple of months ago. It’s not a waiting list piece, I emailed my AD wanting to try it on alongside the red grape version. I was told it was slightly less readily available than the other two (excluding Basel releases) and I got the call that it was in store for me to try a couple of weeks later.

To give an alternative perspective to the other two replies, I had no relationship with a Rolex AD until last Summer. I was after a BLNR and also an OP31 for the wife, planning on buying both from the same AD. After visiting multiple AD’s and getting on lists in various places but with no luck, I just went ahead and bought the OP31 from one of my local AD’s and forgot about the BLNR. 6 months later, in January, I got the call from that same local AD and picked it up. Now, things may be even tougher now trying to pick up hot Rolexes, but it is possible. Talk to the dealer, show some interest. If they have some affinity for you and think you might become a good customer, you never know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This OP is popular show your support and post on WRUW. See you there with mine also
Pavlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 06:16 PM   #7
chrisb57
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 / 114300
I was in York recently , and they had the grape and Rhodium dials in the window . Bit of a travel up north for you though.
chrisb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 07:24 PM   #8
Amazing
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. Don't worry I've been around the block and understand this won't get me straight into the big boys club. I'm just looking to buy a nice piece I can wear for a few years and start my relationship with an AD. I think it will be a good option for that.
Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 07:30 PM   #9
Robbyman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Pepsi/Sub
I saw these in Preston’s in Leeds. I think they still have them and would expect you to be able to get hold of one quite quickly.
Robbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 07:46 PM   #10
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Saw a blue dial OP at the weekend
Gorgeous piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 07:50 PM   #11
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Not sure this will help with Herts ADs who I imagine have a lot of frustrated suburban Londoners on their books now. In a smaller provincial town this would be more effective in building for a popular piece but probably a black subc at best.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 10:58 PM   #12
A-Wax
"TRF" Member

Shouldn't be a huge problem to get one - a couple of local ADs only had blue/grape last year when I was looking but the other had a rhodium. Since I was looking to actually buy a few months down the road I had them order a fresh one (with deposit) and left the display model there for someone else to grab. It's my first and only Rolex, so I had no prior relationship with the AD.
A-Wax is offline   Reply With Quote