The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 June 2018, 06:37 AM   #1
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Question for SD43 owners about bracelet fitment

Hi everyone, I have a question for you who are lucky enough to own this watch. I have a wrist size of between 6.75 and 7inches, depending on the day or the consumption of alcohol or crappy food. My question is, by removing only the divers extension, is this enough links to be removed, or do I also need to remove an additional link to get a proper fit. I know there is quite a bit of adjustment with the glidelock on this watch. So, if any of you who have the same size of wrist would be able to chime in soon, that would be great, my AD who I deal with is about to send the watch to me and I would like it ready to be worn and avoid going to the local AD who is not in my good books. Thanks gang.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 06:43 AM   #2
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Hi everyone, I have a question for you who are lucky enough to own this watch. I have a wrist size of between 6.75 and 7inches, depending on the day or the consumption of alcohol or crappy food. My question is, by removing only the divers extension, is this enough links to be removed, or do I also need to remove an additional link to get a proper fit. I know there is quite a bit of adjustment with the glidelock on this watch. So, if any of you who have the same size of wrist would be able to chime in soon, that would be great, my AD who I deal with is about to send the watch to me and I would like it ready to be worn and avoid going to the local AD who is not in my good books. Thanks gang.
I have a 7" wrist, maybe slightly larger. I have the diver extension removed and I believe 2 links.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 06:46 AM   #3
Hramez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Philippe
My wrist is 7.25/7.5 inch , I took off the diving extension only , think for your wrist size u will need to remove an extra link , but a better answer will
Be From someone who have your wrist size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hramez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 06:50 AM   #4
Net-man
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky-D, Sea-D
Get a screwdriver and purple thread locker
You will find your true fitting in a few tries.
Get a Panerai screwdriver if that helps.

Net-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 07:06 AM   #5
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Diver extension and you'll be between 1 and 2 more links out, depends on which side of center you want the glide lock on. Hope that makes sense, I have 7 3/8" wrist and I have extension and 1 link out and it's just right. I think you'll need extension plus 2.
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 07:21 AM   #6
gt0279a
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
My guess would be you need be remove at least one link from the 6 o’clock side in addition to the dive extension
Rolex Sea Dweller 126600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 16600 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Submariner 1680
gt0279a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 07:22 AM   #7
Flybak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
I had two links removed, 7 inch wrist. Congrats in advance!
Flybak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 07:34 AM   #8
Easy E
2024 Pledge Member

Very likely 2 links.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 08:15 AM   #9
genkifd
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
why dont you just go back to your AD and let them adjust the bracelet? i did it they took took the diver's extension and two links out.
SKX007 Japanese version
genkifd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 09:36 AM   #10
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
My wrist is the same size as yours.

I’ve got 4 links at 6 o’clock and 5 on the 12 o’clock side. Divers extension removed. Plenty of room on the glidelock to expand if needed.

From memory they come with 5 on the 6 o’clock side and 5 and a half link and divers extension on the 12 o’clock side.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 11:03 AM   #11
RolexNorth
Banned

Watch: YM2SS,SD43,HULK
My wrist is between 7.5-8 inches. Had one link removed. Fits great, don't even notice it.
RolexNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 11:05 AM   #12
alpine24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post

I’ve got 4 links at 6 o’clock and 5 on the 12 o’clock side. Divers extension removed. Plenty of room on the glidelock to expand if needed.

From memory they come with 5 on the 6 o’clock side and 5 and a half link and divers extension on the 12 o’clock side.

I'm the same....
alpine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 11:12 AM   #13
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Hey Nick, glad you landed one and I hope you love it as much as I love mine

I have a flat 7” wrist and I have the diver extension removed with 5 links at 12 and 4.5 at 6. The glidelock is dead center with slightly less than a pinky width to slide underneath.

I think if you went 5 and 4 you’d be golden
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 11:13 AM   #14
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

In other words ... what you said
Old 19 June 2018, 11:24 AM   #15
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Hey Nick, glad you landed one and I hope you love it as much as I love mine

I have a flat 7” wrist and I have the diver extension removed with 5 links at 12 and 4.5 at 6. The glidelock is dead center with slightly less than a pinky width to slide underneath.

I think if you went 5 and 4 you’d be golden
Perfect, I thank everyone for their input, but Brian, you make the most sense, I will call them tomorrow morning before they ship it out.
This was a little unexpected as I was in Montreal for the Formula 1 race weekend, and the AD I have bought pretty much all my Rolex from called me while I was there. A coincidence for sure that weekend. They just received one, so went to see it and will have it sent to me hopefully this week! Finally back to a SS with black face, I missed having one.
Old 19 June 2018, 11:26 AM   #16
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

+1

I followed devildog’s Recommendation and fits perfectly. 6.75 wrist here.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 11:41 AM   #17
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Looking forward to the incoming brother, congratulations in advance
Old 19 June 2018, 11:47 AM   #18
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Congrats Nicholas, I’ve got a 7.25 in wrist and I removed the divers extension and the half link. For me that’s the perfect size to put the glide lock and the clasp in the right spot!
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 05:02 PM   #19
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
In other words ... what you said
One of us is always there

Old 19 June 2018, 10:45 PM   #20
fishingbear
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMTsSubLVEx2SDDayt
As it’s been noted, you’ll need the extension and a link or two removed.
Once the 126600 is fitted it is supremely comfortable especially for a 43mm watch.
fishingbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 10:49 PM   #21
Rolexsd4000
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Mk1 , TT SD43
I have a 7.5 flat wrist and only the divers extension taken out .
You might need to take out the 1/2 link too .
Try the combos .

Old 20 June 2018, 12:23 AM   #22
tjfslaughter
Banned

Question for SD43 owners about bracelet fitment

Sorry in advance to hijack:

My wrist is at about 7 3/4" somewhat flat on both sides. I only have a small link taken out and still have the dive extension. Do you guys think it would be more comfortable removing the dive extension? Here is a pic.
tjfslaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 12:32 AM   #23
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post

My wrist is at about 7 3/4" somewhat flat on both sides. I only have a small link taken out and still have the dive extension. Do you guys think it would be more comfortable removing the dive extension? Here is a pic.
Yes I would remove the extension unless you have an actual need for it. Have the link put back in. I'm at 6 at 12 o'clock and 4.5 at 6 o'clock with a 7.5" wrist. I believe that setup would work well for you.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 12:33 AM   #24
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexsd4000 View Post
I have a 7.5 flat wrist and only the divers extension taken out .
You might need to take out the 1/2 link too .
Try the combos .

Same size wrist here - just curious to hear how you configured your links?
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 02:48 AM   #25
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post

Depending on your wrist you may be fine, but most here find removing the dive extension is very worthwhile. Simply because its about one and a half links long but without the pivot point.

As you've only had to remove the half link, if you do take the extension out you'll need to replace it with your half link and a new full link

Old 20 June 2018, 02:51 AM   #26
tjfslaughter
Banned

Quote:
Depending on your wrist you may be fine, but most here find removing the dive extension is very worthwhile. Simply because its about one and a half links long but without the pivot point.

As you've only had to remove the half link, if you do take the extension out you'll need to replace it with your half link and a new full link
Right now it does not bother me as it usually sits in a place that does not need to hinge.
tjfslaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 03:11 AM   #27
superconductor71
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126600
Watching this thread closely. While I do dive occasionally (recreational), it's been 99% in a shorty suit so really no need for a diver's extension. I just got my SD43 (gift) and i'm going in to the AD to get it properly set, so this is all good info for me to ask them.
superconductor71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 03:18 AM   #28
Andrew NYC
2024 Pledge Member

I just took delivery of my SD43 yesterday and also had the extension link and 2 others removed. Fit's like a glove. I don't think I every used the extension link on my 16610 in the past 24 years that I've owned it and I'm a certified diver (and wear it diving). Also I think that the bottom of the bracelet and clasp is ascetically more appealing and uniform without it. That said you do have options of downsizing without removing the extension link.

Congrats! I know I'm loving mine.

-andrew
Andrew NYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 03:20 AM   #29
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superconductor71 View Post
Watching this thread closely. While I do dive occasionally (recreational), it's been 99% in a shorty suit so really no need for a diver's extension. I just got my SD43 (gift) and i'm going in to the AD to get it properly set, so this is all good info for me to ask them.
Agreed, I dive a few times a year but always warm water diving and I've never used a dive extension over a wet suit. In fact I don't like to especially if I'm wearing a nice dive watch with my computer on my other wrist - a little trick, I roll my suit over my watch when putting on BC and entering / exiting the water, in my experience this is when all the damage occurs to my watch...
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 06:56 AM   #30
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NYC View Post
I just took delivery of my SD43 yesterday and also had the extension link and 2 others removed. Fit's like a glove. I don't think I every used the extension link on my 16610 in the past 24 years that I've owned it and I'm a certified diver (and wear it diving). Also I think that the bottom of the bracelet and clasp is ascetically more appealing and uniform without it. That said you do have options of downsizing without removing the extension link.

Congrats! I know I'm loving mine.

-andrew
Andrew, what size is your wrist?