The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 30 August 2021, 05:48 PM   #91
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

I am considering the 7027 in WG as well but on the fence because of the size. I have 17,5 cm wrists and generally like to wear 40-42 sports watches. i’m worried the 37/38mm may look too small. Anyone here happen to have good wrist shots on a similarly sized wrist?
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2021, 11:29 PM   #92
loftycomfort
"TRF" Member

I have the 7097 retrograde seconds in WG, and it is the watch that provides the most amount of visual treat. There’re the guilloche dial and jumping seconds hand and all that, but what don’t get mentioned often are the giant piece of WG rotor with free hand engraved brand name at the back, and the snail shaped cam that drives the retrograde mechanism. There are details everywhere on the watch - pure watch nerd heaven on the wrist.

I’d show pics if I could figure out how to do that on TRF.

With a 40mm case and prominent lugs, I wear this Tradition more as a statement piece with casual attire than as a discreet dress watch.
loftycomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2021, 12:17 AM   #93
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBaker View Post
I am considering the 7027 in WG as well but on the fence because of the size. I have 17,5 cm wrists and generally like to wear 40-42 sports watches. i’m worried the 37/38mm may look too small. Anyone here happen to have good wrist shots on a similarly sized wrist?
The lugs are quite long on Breguet which makes them wear large. IE 37 -> 40

I wore both the 7027 and the big brother to it, and definitely prefer the 7027. My wrists are a similar size to yours.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2021, 12:49 AM   #94
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
The lugs are quite long on Breguet which makes them wear large. IE 37 -> 40

I wore both the 7027 and the big brother to it, and definitely prefer the 7027. My wrists are a similar size to yours.
IMO, the 37mm 7027 wears large, but not to the tune of a 40mm. If you are used to wearing 40-42mm sport watches, this will wear small.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2021, 01:22 AM   #95
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the input gentlemen. The problem of course is that the 7027 has been discontinued so I would be buying sight unseen. In fact, I have never tried on a Breguet, and I don’t know how the straight lugs would fit. For some reason, there aren’t a whole lot of wrist shots online that are taken from a decent angle + distance. I guess my best bet would be to visit the AD near me, try on the 7097 and hope it wears too big :-).
Old 31 August 2021, 02:58 AM   #96
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the input gentlemen. The problem of course is that the 7027 has been discontinued so I would be buying sight unseen. In fact, I have never tried on a Breguet, and I don’t know how the straight lugs would fit. For some reason, there aren’t a whole lot of wrist shots online that are taken from a decent angle + distance. I guess my best bet would be to visit the AD near me, try on the 7097 and hope it wears too big :-).
These are screenshots of pics on my Instagram, so the quality might not be great. My wrist is 16cm.

Old 31 August 2021, 03:32 AM   #97
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'll take some pics for you when mine arrives this week.
Old 31 August 2021, 05:06 AM   #98
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
These are screenshots of pics on my Instagram, so the quality might not be great. My wrist is 16cm.

Those are some lovely pics, look like it fits you like a glove. Looking at your Instagram, I noticed you have a Lange 1. That’s 38.5 - how would you compare that to the Tradition? I recently tried on the Lange 1 and found it to be borderline small for my wrist.
Old 31 August 2021, 05:09 AM   #99
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'll take some pics for you when mine arrives this week.
That’d be much appreciated.

The other Breguet model I’m considering is the Reveil du Tsar which is 39mm and seems to be wearing just slightly larger based on some of the photos I see on the web.
Old 31 August 2021, 05:16 AM   #100
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Those are some lovely pics, look like it fits you like a glove. Looking at your Instagram, I noticed you have a Lange 1. That’s 38.5 - how would you compare that to the Tradition? I recently tried on the Lange 1 and found it to be borderline small for my wrist.
Many thanks.

The Lange 1 and 7027 wear the same to me. If you found the Lange 1 to be on the smaller side, the 7027 will be no different.

Another option is the 7037. It's harder to find, but it's 1mm larger than the 7027 which might suite you better. It offers a retrograde seconds too, which is a nice addition over the 7027.

Old 31 August 2021, 05:24 AM   #101
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That’d be much appreciated.

The other Breguet model I’m considering is the Reveil du Tsar which is 39mm and seems to be wearing just slightly larger based on some of the photos I see on the web.
I almost bought one for a bit more than what I paid for the tradition. The Tradition won out for me because I love skeletons/open hearts. However, the Tsar is really underpriced on the used market IMO. The alarm + extensive guilloche work and great movement finishing is a really wild value for the $.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Many thanks.

The Lange 1 and 7027 wear the same to me. If you found the Lange 1 to be on the smaller side, the 7027 will be no different.

Another option is the 7037. It's harder to find, but it's 1mm larger than the 7027 which might suite you better. It offers a retrograde seconds too, which is a nice addition over the 7027.
Interesting, I thought the Lange 1 definitely felt smaller. Had 101.031 for about 8 or a year before.

Either way I'll post some pics soon! :D
Old 24 June 2022, 08:40 PM   #102
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I almost bought one for a bit more than what I paid for the tradition. The Tradition won out for me because I love skeletons/open hearts. However, the Tsar is really underpriced on the used market IMO. The alarm + extensive guilloche work and great movement finishing is a really wild value for the $.

Interesting, I thought the Lange 1 definitely felt smaller. Had 101.031 for about 8 or a year before.

Either way I'll post some pics soon! :D

Did you end up getting your watch? If so how are you liking it
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2022, 10:58 PM   #103
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
Did you end up getting your watch? If so how are you liking it
Yes but I sold it. However, I am a bit of a watchwhore so YMMV. I liked it a lot but I have a few comparable pieces.