The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 5 April 2020, 01:53 AM   #1
goforjack
"TRF" Member

CAUTION: User dsouth222

Hi.

This user dm me regarding my Omega thread on “Mitsukoshi” dial.
He sent me multiple pictures claiming he would like to sell me this LE300 piece.
When we finished negotiation on price and understanding background on how he acquired the piece, we exchanged banking / shipping info and he also passed me picture of his license.

And that’s when things start getting fishy.

1. His ID did not look right
2. address was different from his other posts for f2f transactions was
3. Phone number used was different from what was used in previous posts
4. Age on license was different from what he claimed in one of threads

So this is what I found. His license was exactly same as one from fake ID selling website. Background, smudges, even ID number had only one digit different from fake ID website samples.

When I confronted this guy, his response really does not make sense like ‘some people using his ID??’ When he is the one who sent me picture of his license that matches fake Id promotional photos.

Please be caution with this account.
He also claims his name is ‘John Lonewolf.’ Lived in Miami FL and quick to change address to Cleveland OH.

I lastly asked him to set up meet in person in OH, and everything as suspected went silence.

This was going to be my first big transaction thru forum and the piece was going to be special for me. Please be careful with this user unless this person will meet in person. Even so, I would authenticate watch before purchasing.
goforjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 04:10 AM   #2
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Glad you did your due diligence.
Always buy they seller.
If you are going to go pre-owned, you might want to look at our Trusted Sellers on the forum so things don’t go bad the first time around.
Good luck.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 04:20 AM   #3
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by goforjack View Post
Hi.

“This user dm me regarding my Omega thread ... we finished negotiation on price and understanding background on how he acquired the piece, we exchanged banking / shipping info”.

Good catch but I am absolutely positively % flabergastedly amazed and astonished that you went even this far with some dude who PM’d you. Exchanged banking and address info? Dude ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 07:16 AM   #4
goforjack
"TRF" Member

No. He sent me his banking info. I didnt. I did send my shipping address in process.

I know this person’s real name, address, home phone, his job and etc. thru extensive search I have performed.
I would love to post everything with picture here to expose the guy. I am hesitant.

I did contact him again demanding an explanation of intent with all the lies from beginning.
He wouldnt respond back.

This guy uses same ID in multiple platform for watch. So I hope this gets proper exposure.

Is there a quick legal action I can take? Clearly this guy approached me to scam money.
Surprised to see this guy working as CPA in a big company.
goforjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 07:48 AM   #5
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Guys I just banned him. For the love of God would everyone start properly reporting these things to the moderators. Time is of the essence here. I’ve said it a hundred times, it’s okay to start a thread but first use the red triangle to report these scammers to the moderators first and foremost.
This is stated in the rules, by not properly reporting you’re allowing these scumbags to continue to fleece members out of money.

I honestly doubt that this guy works as a CPA in a large company, all part of the scam to lure you in. IP comes back to Brecksville Ohio.
If you haven’t incurred any financial loss I’m not sure what legal action you can take.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote