The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 26 March 2020, 03:49 AM   #1
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Beware of someone posing as me (C)

I wanted to make everyone alert to this. One of my buddies came to me with this and I know the scammer reached out to a lot of people from my past dealings.

"On Mar 25, 2020, at 1:46 AM, John C wrote:

Xxxx;

How are you? I'm emailing you because I'm helping my brother in law unload a few of his watches and was wondering if you had any interest. He has a black dial Daytona 116520 SS V series in MINT condition w/box and papers he is only looking to get $13k which is a great deal for this watch. Also selling for him a Rolex 116610LN box and papers for $7,500, and a Tudor big block vintage exotic monte carlo 94300 in mint conditon box and papers $13,500.

Let me know if your interested. I can get some photos over to you. Figured I will email some friends and recent /old clients of mine before listing them.
Sincerely

John C

This lowlife is trying to take advantage of people's panic during a sensitive time..... Super low.

Please pass this along and make people aware. I I have a good idea who this is also from a recent suspicious transaction I had. I will post more details when in front of computer.

Stay healthy and safe everyone.

Regards
John

Last edited by HL65; 30 April 2020 at 05:54 PM..
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 03:52 AM   #2
toucan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5970
Sorry to hear John. You are one of the good ones!
toucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 06:10 AM   #3
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

OK I'm finally in front of a computer so I can give people more info.

If I'm wrong then I apologize....but I had a super suspicious inquiry lately from another member that I thought looked off. The user is pusherv.

He contacted me about a watch I had for sale and I replied as usual....what gave me alarms was:

1) He was interested in an Omega, yet none of his posts in history show any interest in the brand.

2) Going over his post history...he has one suspicious sales listing that looks like it was innocently bumped over a long span of time with expired pictures with his username and an old date.

3) All of his posts are short and of no real substance I saw.

His name also turned up as someone that LawrenceB had problems with (He claims his name is Nick Butts) :

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ighlight=butts

The email he emailed me with in correspondence after PM is nbuttschevrolet@gmail.com.

Anyhow, this guy dropped off the face of the earth in communication after I tried to verify his identity some more as my usual protocol for selling. So I hope the mods look seriously into this member and whatever else he's tied up with. This doesn't ever happen to me so I find it super suspicious this happened almost right after communicating with this guy last week.

Stay safe and healthy out there all. Special hell awaits scumbags taking advantage of people during these kind of times.
Old 7 April 2020, 03:44 PM   #4
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Alright. Someone (one of my previous deals) has just been scammed out of a watch by this guy posing as me using this email. Please make note of this people it's pretty serious when there's lowlifes like this out there.

I'm gathering more information from the unfortunate victim right now so I will post more info as I find out more. Stay vigilant people and be careful dealing with people on TRF...even if it's someone that claims to be someone you've dealt with. Do your due dilligence.
Old 8 April 2020, 01:10 PM   #5
Gambron
"TRF" Member

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=735687
Gambron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 11:27 PM   #6
Frakis
2024 Pledge Member

Beware of someone posing as me (C)

Hi. I’ve received the same exact message verbatim.

Gambron - I hope you get your watch back. Unfortunately, these stories are happening more and more frequently.

Hi John. It’s taken care of. Sorry I missed it. If there’s anything else, just shout out. Happy to help. Enjoy your Sunday

Paul.

Last edited by mailman; 11 June 2021 at 09:49 AM..
Frakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 11:34 PM   #7
kwcsports
"TRF" Member

So sorry to hear this. These people are scum of the earth. Hope victim gets his watch back.
kwcsports is offline   Reply With Quote