The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 2 November 2017, 11:39 PM   #1
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Bremont Watch

Hi Guys

My neighbor's son, who is very much into watches, saw my D-blue and compliment about it. Then he started talking about all the other non-Rolex brands that he loves (Most of them, I have never heard of). One company that he highly recommends is called BREMONT. I went on the website and checked out their watches. It is about the same price point as Tudor. They have some pretty cool looking watches.
Have you guys heard about this company? What do you think about their watches? And do they keep good resale value?

Apologize in advance if this thread needs to be moved to the "non-Rolex watch" section.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2017, 11:46 PM   #2
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Nice watches

Resale, nope
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2017, 11:51 PM   #3
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Nice watches

Resale, nope
really.
I was trying to find any Grey seller online that may have used ones, but couldn't really find anything.
So, what was your experience with the watch? How did you know the resale is bad?
Old 2 November 2017, 11:54 PM   #4
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
really.
I was trying to find any Grey seller online that may have used ones, but couldn't really find anything.
So, what was your experience with the watch? How did you know the resale is bad?
I’ve owned about 8 of them - resale bad. Watchrecon has a solid supply
Old 2 November 2017, 11:55 PM   #5
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Are they still using ETA movements or do they make their own yet?
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2017, 12:00 AM   #6
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I’ve owned about 8 of them - resale bad. Watchrecon has a solid supply
wow, 8. You must liked the brand a lot at one point. Why did you decide to sell them? Something wrong with the watches or just got tired of them?

I was trying to see how much the Grey market are selling them new and used to determine how bad they keep their value. I will check out Watchreco. Thank you.
Old 3 November 2017, 12:23 AM   #7
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Eta they tweak I think. I like them but I sell practically everything so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 November 2017, 05:35 AM   #8
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Bremont watches have only been around for about 15 years. It's a couple of brothers in England who went into the watchmaking business, bit I don't think that they actually make any of the parts.

Only time will tell if this company becomes a true collectible watch company.
Old 3 November 2017, 09:32 AM   #9
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
I own one and like it a lot. There have been a couple of good deals in the for sale section lately. In my opinion, Bremont are built like tanks!
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2017, 12:27 PM   #10
slcbbrown
"TRF" Member

Watch: 50's TT t-bird
Nice brand. I'd happily own one, but I buy to keep.
slcbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2017, 01:37 PM   #11
Breigue
"TRF" Member

I owned the MBII Orange barrel. I like their design. They are not trying to do too much but they manage to put together a fresh look that works. Their watches quality is solid and reading on people experience their CS is excellent. But I don't have first hand experience with their CS.
Breigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2018, 02:46 AM   #12
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
Bremont Watch

I own an ALT1 ZT/BK and it’s an outstanding watch. It’s a heavily modified eta movement, and this particular one is the most accurate wristwatch I’ve ever owned — and I’ve owned a lot of Rolexes.

The case construction is a bit unusual, but I wear it on a lot of straps and I’m pleased about the prettier... maybe more attractive ... case. I recently bought and sold the Tudor GMT, because it wasn’t anywhere near as comfortable (or as accurate) as the Bremont.

Their watches are robust, easy to wear (if a little boxy), reliable, functional, and innovative. Bremont’s rotating chapter ring is a nice piece of engineering and locates with a feel that is seconded only by Rolex’s gmt bezel. They also nicely apply the lume which is thick, bright, and includes a 0/24 hour marker on the chapter ring as well as on the chrono hands. Their customer service is outstanding (their old NA watch rep, Mike, was a great guy; sadly he’s now moved to Tudor).

On the downside for me: the Zulu vs. GMT hand movement is frustrating (I travel a bit and prefer ‘true gmt’ hand operation), I can’t wear the leather strap because the clasp irritates my wrist (which means it’s a bit hard for me to dress it up), and the watch is a bit tall (though 1.5mm thinner than the PO GMT). Their resale is low too and few people want to trade them.

In short, I think Bremont get a pretty rough and undeserved deal.

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
shedlock2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2018, 02:56 AM   #13
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Why did you dig up 3 old Bremont threads and post your same review to all 3?

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2018, 04:20 AM   #14
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Why did you dig up 3 old Bremont threads and post your same review to all 3?

Because not all people read each thread and sometimes only stumble across one. Better question to ask why there are three threads asking largely the same question, and an even better question is to ask why you would be so upset at my cross-posting to write a comment about the fact (on all three), rather than on the content of the posts.

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
Old 13 September 2018, 05:04 AM   #15
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

I'm far from upset, I'm actually amused. I'm just genuinely curious as to your unusual thought process. I've yet to see this tactic, of digging up multiple old threads (one that has been dead for 3 years) to post the same thing. Why stop at 3? Why not 5 or 10? Surely more people will stumble upon 10 different threads than 3. Now, a part of me wanted to stop at one thread response. But I amuse myself too much.

Old 13 September 2018, 07:08 AM   #16
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

I really don't get the beef about old threads. At least one of the threads was replied to in 2018 anyway. Threads with these sorts of questions are resources for people, and as we know, not everyone searches well for the information they're looking for. I, myself, was looking for other people's perspectives on Bremont and found only a few replies. My data was, therefore, of merit -- to all three posts. Given that my brief search had only thrown up 3 posts that were imminently relevant, I felt no need to dig up more. I am pleased that my actions were of amusement -- much better than to be of annoyance or frustration!

Old 13 September 2018, 07:58 AM   #17
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
I really don't get the beef about old threads. At least one of the threads was replied to in 2018 anyway. Threads with these sorts of questions are resources for people, and as we know, not everyone searches well for the information they're looking for. I, myself, was looking for other people's perspectives on Bremont and found only a few replies. My data was, therefore, of merit -- to all three posts. Given that my brief search had only thrown up 3 posts that were imminently relevant, I felt no need to dig up more. I am pleased that my actions were of amusement -- much better than to be of annoyance or frustration!
Just pulling your leg my friend (tad bored at work today). It was a very good review and no doubt many will find it useful.

Old 13 September 2018, 08:28 AM   #18
Air Rescue 5
Banned

Watch: GMT MII
Nice watches. Especially their pilots. They outsource their movement but charge in house movement prices. No they don't hold value.
Air Rescue 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2018, 06:27 PM   #19
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Just pulling your leg my friend (tad bored at work today). It was a very good review and no doubt many will find it useful.
Thanks!! Watch preferences are hard, so I try to be balanced. Plus I really do think they get a bit of a bad rep.

hahah! Bored at work! I get that, for sure!

Old 13 September 2018, 07:51 PM   #20
Faddius
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SD4k
A Uk dealer told me (lol ) that they are in the process of developing their own in house mvt. No idea if true or not.
Faddius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 05:04 AM   #21
BisonHead
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,SD,DJ,OP
I have the Bremont MBII.
Its a great watch.

The leather strap is a bit chunky and the buckle seemed to rub on my wrist.
A lot better on a kevlar one with deployment clasp or G10/NATO.

Tough as old boots, don't particularly moddle-coddle my watches and it has stood the test of time. Wore it plenty in AFG.
BisonHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 05:09 AM   #22
rolexforum73
"TRF" Member

They are making they’re own in house movement and it’ll be released in 2020.

They are a very special watch company with a great mission and ethos. They do manufacture their own cases and bezels etc, and will eventually be a full in-house production shop.

I love my bremont, it’s one of my favourites.
rolexforum73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 01:19 PM   #23
Pongster
"TRF" Member

I have the bremont jaguar. Love it. It goes well with my jaguar. And i also buy to keep. So resale value not an issue for me.

Here it is (with my other car inspired pieces) -

Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote