The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 10 October 2014, 04:38 AM   #61
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
James, the white pen body is stunning...glad your Lady is enjoying her new pen!!!

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2014, 07:39 PM   #62
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
His & hers....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413711551.854111.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413711562.125404.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 10:40 PM   #63
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Well as this thread has now surpassed 4,000 views I think it is time for a bump!

Have a nice day everyone.
Old 14 November 2014, 03:40 AM   #64
raky
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Sky-Dweller
Wow, I love your wife's pen! Maybe I should buy my wife one...
raky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2014, 03:42 AM   #65
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raky View Post
Wow, I love your wife's pen! Maybe I should buy my wife one...

Most definitely!

But hurry, I believe they are a limited edition and when they're gone, they're gone.
Old 15 November 2014, 03:55 AM   #66
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Beautiful pen!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 12:05 AM   #67
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

I can't believe this little thread has been viewed 7,500 times!

Unfortunately, i'm off work sick at the moment with Whooping cough of all things.

I've just taken the time to read this thread through again from start to finish.

Thank you again to all who contributed.

And to all the enablers - I do think i'll be looking at a Meisterstück 149 FP in the future...

Take care everyone.
Old 25 January 2015, 02:39 PM   #68
ColRam425
"TRF" Member

I would recommend a Meisterstück Classique or LeGrande RollerBall Platinum-plated with diamond. The diamond, being in the shape of Montblanc's emblem, is just stunning in my opinion.
ColRam425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2015, 08:07 PM   #69
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColRam425 View Post
I would recommend a Meisterstück Classique or LeGrande RollerBall Platinum-plated with diamond. The diamond, being in the shape of Montblanc's emblem, is just stunning in my opinion.

Thank you however a little late.

I bought a Platinum Meisterstuck Le Grande Rollerball and absolutely love it.

Loads of pictures earlier in thread.
Old 12 July 2015, 10:55 PM   #70
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Just an update for everyone...

Like most of you I am simply the custodian of my watches and recently acquired Mont Blanc.

All will be going to this little fella who is 7 days old today!

Old 14 July 2015, 03:20 AM   #71
Frosty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Congratulations! He will be writing in no time at all.
Old 19 July 2015, 04:21 AM   #72
the_Hunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
This has been a great read. Thanks to all that posted. I really learned a lot from this thread.
the_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2015, 06:23 AM   #73
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

I've got another incoming.....

I love my Meisterstuck Le Grand and it's everything I thought it would be but have never really felt comfortable with it in work as my workplace can sometimes be busy and hectic.

Having to remove the lid, put it down carefully, use the pen, then put the lid back on and repeat just wasn't working so now the Meisterstuck stays at home in my study.

For work, thanks to my wonderful wife I now have a new MB Cruise collection BP. The screw movement will be more useful to me and I will be able to worry less and just enjoy this wonderful brand. I also use carbon paper a lot so I feel as though I can be a little more 'rough & ready' with this one.

Well, the obligatory pics:

Old 5 November 2015, 07:47 AM   #74
Numismatist
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
Great thread - well done!
Montblanc Meisterstück Diamond Mozart BP
Montblanc Meisterstück Mozart BP
Numismatist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2015, 07:53 AM   #75
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
The first nice pen i've ever gotten was a Mont Blanc and its been 8 years and i still have it. Its a great starter/seasoned pen collector as the brand is world known and you'll never feel the need to get something else.

As well as people recognized the brand which kind of makes you feel good when someone mentions they like your pen.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2015, 02:50 AM   #76
Lion
"TRF" Member

James, OmegaJJH, Congrats to you and your lady on the birth of your child this past Summer. I know from my own experiences that raising a child is the most rewarding experience I have ever had in my life…..

As for style(s) of pens to use at work either a Rollerball or Ballpoint is/are the best to use…especially if you are using forms with multiple copies or carbon paper. And as you stated using a Ballpoint pen is the easiest to use at work when you can not post the cap and do not want to lay it down…..

For the ultimate experience in using a nice pen you will eventually migrate to a Fountain pen. Even if you only use it at home…as there is no other experience that comes close!!!

Take care…..Leo

Old 6 November 2015, 03:21 AM   #77
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Thanks Leo!

I definitely think there is a FP in my future.
Old 17 March 2016, 11:44 PM   #78
NewEnthusiast
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King/Seamaster
James, just found this thread. Congratulations on the great pens and the new addition to the family. You made a good choice going with pen(s) you're comfortable using and can use at work. That said, don't live your life without getting a fountain pen, they really are wonderful things and add a real sense of occasion to writing; even if your use is restricted to cards, signatures and witty inscriptions in books given as gifts. If you don't want to spend Mont Blanc money on a fountain pen but still want an impressive and good writing instrument then Cross, Waterman, Sheaffer and Parker all offer excellent models.
NewEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2016, 12:10 AM   #79
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnthusiast View Post
James, just found this thread. Congratulations on the great pens and the new addition to the family. You made a good choice going with pen(s) you're comfortable using and can use at work. That said, don't live your life without getting a fountain pen, they really are wonderful things and add a real sense of occasion to writing; even if your use is restricted to cards, signatures and witty inscriptions in books given as gifts. If you don't want to spend Mont Blanc money on a fountain pen but still want an impressive and good writing instrument then Cross, Waterman, Sheaffer and Parker all offer excellent models.
Hi James,

Started a new job recently and have been very busy so haven't been checking the forum as often as normal so only just seen your post.

I definitely think I see a fountain pen in my future but it will probably be saved for all the things you've mentioned. For day to day I just love my RB and the Cruise is just perfect for the work environment.
Old 18 April 2016, 01:58 AM   #80
NewEnthusiast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaJJH View Post
Hi James,

Started a new job recently and have been very busy so haven't been checking the forum as often as normal so only just seen your post.

I definitely think I see a fountain pen in my future but it will probably be saved for all the things you've mentioned. For day to day I just love my RB and the Cruise is just perfect for the work environment.
Hi James

Glad you're enjoying the MB. Like good watches, nice pens add a layer of pleasure to the day and make every day mundane tasks that much more enjoyable.

Have you started searching for pens for your little one yet? My first is on the way and I'm already thinking about what I can get them once they realise how enjoyable pens are!
Old 18 April 2016, 03:13 AM   #81
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Well firstly huge congrats on your imminent arrival.

I've not starting thinking about pens just yet but I love that my little boy (now 9 months old) absolutely loves playing with my watches.

I've bought this for him. It's a birth year Datejust that I intend to wear so he associates it as being daddy's watch and then I'll give it to him for his 21st birthday and can tell him that the watch is also 21 years old.

You've got me thinking now....

Old 18 April 2016, 08:42 PM   #82
NewEnthusiast
"TRF" Member

Thank you :-)

Lovely idea with the datejust, especially wearing it so it's got added inheritance value.

Not sure the budget will stretch to me doing the same but, if I may, I might borrow and adapt the idea with a fountain pen. Buy one on or about the time bump becomes baby. Use it to register the birth and for all important life events that require paperwork then make it an 18th b'day gift.
Old 18 April 2016, 09:16 PM   #83
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnthusiast View Post
Thank you :-)

Lovely idea with the datejust, especially wearing it so it's got added inheritance value.

Not sure the budget will stretch to me doing the same but, if I may, I might borrow and adapt the idea with a fountain pen. Buy one on or about the time bump becomes baby. Use it to register the birth and for all important life events that require paperwork then make it an 18th b'day gift.

Buying a nice fountain pen to mark the birth and pass down is a fantastic idea!!

Don't worry about getting one the day he or she is born though. You can imagine how the conversation might go whilst your wife is lying in hospital....

"I'm just popping in to town to buy a pen"
You'd be mince meat!

I think I bought the DJ when he was about 6 weeks old. A little bit more enjoyable that way and the 3 of you can be present.

One other small point to note (as I had my bubble well and truly burst)
I took my MB to sign the birth register for the exact same reasons you mentioned. Apparently you HAVE to use the registrars fountain pen, special long lasting ink or something???

Please let me know what pen you go for.
May I suggest a little pic like I did with baby and pen? That picture will accompany the watch on his 21st.

James.
Old 18 April 2016, 09:32 PM   #84
NewEnthusiast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Buying a nice fountain pen to mark the birth and pass down is a fantastic idea!!

Don't worry about getting one the day he or she is born though. You can imagine how the conversation might go whilst your wife is lying in hospital....

"I'm just popping in to town to buy a pen"
You'd be mince meat!

I think I bought the DJ when he was about 6 weeks old. A little bit more enjoyable that way and the 3 of you can be present.

One other small point to note (as I had my bubble well and truly burst)
I took my MB to sign the birth register for the exact same reasons you mentioned. Apparently you HAVE to use the registrars fountain pen, special long lasting ink or something???

Please let me know what pen you go for.
May I suggest a little pic like I did with baby and pen? That picture will accompany the watch on his 21st.

James.
Haha yes I agree. Nipping off to the pen shop just after the birth might be a bit risky and slightly insensitive.

I have heard of registrar's ink (apparently it doesn't fade) however we were able to sign our wedding register with the MB fountain pen my wife got me as an engagement present. We raised it in advance of our wedding and the only stipulations were that it had to be a fountain pen and it had to be black. Even if special ink is needed, hopefully they will have a bottle I can dip the nib in which will be enough to fill out the key details.

I love the idea of the picture of baby + pen. Once I've got one, I'll put it up here perhaps posed with some of my watches too.

James
Old 18 April 2016, 09:37 PM   #85
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Look forward to it.

Best of luck to you and your wife.
Old 18 April 2016, 11:49 PM   #86
Lion
"TRF" Member

James(OmegaJJH) and James(NewEnthusiast)glad to see you are both interested in fine writing instruments and want to teach your children about the finer things in life. Big Congrats…with one of you being a new parent and the other becoming a Dad soon. If I can pass on a little piece of advice…enjoy your children when they are young and become involved in their daily lives(be there for them by making time each and every day). As they do grow up quite fast and before you know it they will have finished school and be on their own…shaping their futures……

Sometimes it seems like yesterday that our son was born yet he is now 31 and on his own. Teach them good morals, ethics and manners and above everything else teach them that their word must have and be backed with integrity and honesty…..

Take care…..Leo

Old 19 April 2016, 03:43 AM   #87
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
James(OmegaJJH) and James(NewEnthusiast)glad to see you are both interested in fine writing instruments and want to teach your children about the finer things in life. Big Congrats…with one of you being a new parent and the other becoming a Dad soon. If I can pass on a little piece of advice…enjoy your children when they are young and become involved in their daily lives(be there for them by making time each and every day). As they do grow up quite fast and before you know it they will have finished school and be on their own…shaping their futures……

Sometimes it seems like yesterday that our son was born yet he is now 31 and on his own. Teach them good morals, ethics and manners and above everything else teach them that their word must have and be backed with integrity and honesty…..

Take care…..Leo

Thanks Leo.

I've taken all of your advice on board. In fact, I've recently got a new job that means I am at home much more to spend time with my son.

I had one of those jobs where I was out of the house first thing and not home until my boy was fast asleep in bed so only really got to see him at weekends.

I'm 4 weeks in now and have seen my boy more in these last 4 weeks than in the last 4 months!

My work vs life balance was all wrong - wanting to spend time with my new best friend was the catalyst that I needed to do something about it.

You're certainly right about them growing up so fast. Mine is only 9 months old and is now crawling about but only seems like yesterday I was arguing with the registrar about wanting to sign the birth register with my MB.

Thanks again Leo.

James.
Old 19 April 2016, 08:57 AM   #88
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Quote:
Just an update for everyone...

Like most of you I am simply the custodian of my watches and recently acquired Mont Blanc.

All will be going to this little fella who is 7 days old today!

That is one fortunate child!

And that is a beautiful photograph! My compliments!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2016, 07:24 PM   #89
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
That is one fortunate child!

And that is a beautiful photograph! My compliments!
Many thanks Richard, means a lot!

He's quite a special baby!
Old 19 April 2016, 08:23 PM   #90
NewEnthusiast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post

Take care…..Leo
Thanks for the advice Leo.

My own father embodied all of the things you listed above. He also made and makes a lot of time for me. For both of these things I feel incredibly fortunate and I aspire to do the same for my child. Obviously, the gulf between what one plans to do when expecting a child and what actually happens when the child is born is huge but if I do half as good a job as my dad then I will be proud of a job well done.

James