The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 5 June 2018, 03:04 AM   #1
vettedrvr
"TRF" Member

Submariner Bezel on Yachtmaster?

I'm interested in changing up the look of my Platinum Yachtmaster 116622 with a rubber B strap. I'd like to also look at swapping to a black bezel with the black strap.

I know the Oysterflex black ceramic insert is not compatible so I'm looking for advice on whether the submariner 116610 bezel and insert is compatible with the 116622. I've had some conflicting advice on this question.....

Thanks!
vettedrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2018, 09:30 PM   #2
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

The yachtmaster still uses the older style rotating bezel assembly, like from the 16610 Subs and 16710 GMT. So the 116610 ceramic parts are definitely a no-go.

Check out this article from TRF member Jocke regarding the yachtmaster's platinum bezel.

http://www.watchwallpapers.com/plat.htm

Supposedly, the bezel and insert are 2 separate pieces but more skill is required to remove the insert than with typical aluminum inserts. Even if you did successfully remove the platinum insert, I have no idea if a 16610 black insert would fit properly in the ym's platinum bezel ring.

You could perhaps source an entire 16610 stainless steel bezel ring (the serrated ring itself) and insert which would work but at a greatly increased $$ cost.
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2018, 02:05 AM   #3
vettedrvr
"TRF" Member

NKflyer - Thanks for you response. I THINK you answered my question and indicated that the complete bezel ring with insert from a 16610 sub should fit on my YM 116622? Is that correct? I had already abandoned the idea of swapping just the insert.

I like the idea of the RubberB strap and black bezel as maybe a new look for summer.
vettedrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2018, 02:14 AM   #4
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Yes, I am about 99% sure that it will work. Also, don't use one from a 14060 no-date sub because they are a slightly different size.
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 10:38 PM   #5
campbesl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post
Check out this article from TRF member Jocke regarding the yachtmaster's platinum bezel.
That's a very interesting article from Jocke!

I wonder... I have the blue face Yacht-Master. I wonder if it's face is platinum with the blue coating or would it be another material?

Scott
campbesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2019, 07:27 AM   #6
Montremoi
"TRF" Member

I'm resurrecting this thread as I wonder if the newer model, 126621, has kept the same bezel assembly - or if it was updated as well ? In which case, would a ceramic bezel from a current Sub fit in ?
Montremoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2019, 02:26 AM   #7
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montremoi View Post
I'm resurrecting this thread as I wonder if the newer model, 126621, has kept the same bezel assembly - or if it was updated as well ? In which case, would a ceramic bezel from a current Sub fit in ?
I'm curious about this too, but on the 5 digit models. (For some reason I'm interested in hybred/unusual combinations/something personal and not what everyone else has). Like using a 5 digit Yachtmaster and putting a 5 digit Sub bezel on it. You would have something like a Submariner "light". Thinner smoother case, secure clasp but without the useless dive extension... And just different. And a little less flashy. I would probably go with a brushed finished on the case/center links too.

Why not just buy a 16610 and be happy with it? No good reason, just something a little different.
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2019, 07:14 AM   #8
Montremoi
"TRF" Member

I believe the 5 digit model mods have been discussed in the first posts of this thread :)

Anyway, I'm increasingly of the opinion that merely switching the bezel inserts (put a Sub insert in a Yacht bezel) would be less of a headache, also less costly. But that's just a supposition.
Montremoi is offline   Reply With Quote