The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 3 December 2021, 09:07 AM   #361
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
just an update on my current covid folks.

the old man is on the mend and has been taken off the ventilator.

the other guy, my buddy, his whole family got it. they are all on the mend as well.

thrilled all around.
Good news!!!

Here's to continued improvement.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 3 December 2021, 09:08 AM   #362
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj676 View Post
Covid is literally 99.99x percent survivable.
This means that the mortality is 1:100,000 cases. UK deaths so far are 145,000. That means there must have been 14.5 billion cases in a country with a population of less than 68 million. The entire UK population would need to catch Covid over 200 times each.

The figure of 99.99% survivable is therefore incorrect.

P.S. Covid deaths in the UK are more than double the civilian UK losses during WW2, for context.
Old 3 December 2021, 09:08 AM   #363
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
Good news!!!

Here's to continued improvement.

X2

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
Old 3 December 2021, 10:14 AM   #364
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Just got mine today... Might as well let the office know I won't be in tomorrow.
Old 3 December 2021, 10:44 AM   #365
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Since covid came on the scene, what happened to the common flu?
Old 3 December 2021, 10:49 AM   #366
RyanJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
The flu was unusually low for the 20-21 flu season. The mask wearing, staying home, hand washing, etc all helped with that.

Some light reading:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/season/faq-f...-2020-2021.htm
Old 3 December 2021, 10:51 AM   #367
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Things like that don't disappear they just become a lot less important.

Pandemic vs regular ordinary run of the day Flu.

They still give the Flu Shot. I got mine at the same time I recieved my booster shot.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 3 December 2021, 11:16 AM   #368
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
This means that the mortality is 1:100,000 cases. UK deaths so far are 145,000. That means there must have been 14.5 billion cases in a country with a population of less than 68 million. The entire UK population would need to catch Covid over 200 times each.

The figure of 99.99% survivable is therefore incorrect.

P.S. Covid deaths in the UK are more than double the civilian UK losses during WW2, for context.
Let me try again… UNDER 50 or 60 YEARS OLD (pick your cutoff based on source). You understand that though right and now you’ll revise your quick math some other way to “disprove”.

Plenty of population over that age with significantly higher risk and death rates. Their risk reward analysis is quite different.

I love the amount of “disproving” everything by cherry-picking or straight up ignoring what I or others with questions have asked. Straw man arguments are about as good as ad-hominem (or death wishes) I guess.

Why is Covid more deadly this year with vax?
Why do highly vaxxed countries continue with large wave infections?
Why is data so hard to get on vaccine injuries, wether rampant or rare?

Last, I’d like to read your studies indicating that natural immunity from infection is less effective than a Vaccine. I provided my source and the Israeli study is easily searchable. You seem to want to call everything I say as “wrong” and bring 0 source or reference to educate. Other than some math that misses the whole point of age adjusted risk I guess.
Old 3 December 2021, 11:21 AM   #369
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Quote:

They still give the Flu Shot. I got mine at the same time I recieved my booster shot.
Flu went from 40k-60k deaths a year to 0. That isn’t becoming less important it’s just an inaccurate pcr test that can’t differentiate. A test that isn’t valid after end of this year for this reason it seems.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2...Testing_1.html
Old 3 December 2021, 11:37 AM   #370
Knappo 1307

Quote:

Bingo, the flu doesn't sell, Covid does Baby...
Old 3 December 2021, 11:38 AM   #371
Knappo 1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj676 View Post
Flu went from 40k-60k deaths a year to 0. That isn’t becoming less important it’s just an inaccurate pcr test that can’t differentiate. A test that isn’t valid after end of this year for this reason it seems.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2...Testing_1.html
This ^^
Old 3 December 2021, 12:26 PM   #372
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
I have to say, I always find it amusing how people pick a single thing within all of science to contest, be it vaccines or global warming, yet accept everything that they perceive as benefiting them right now. The same people love electricity, their diabetes meds, the shiny paint on their car, their springy Ultraboost, etc etc….. ALL the results of science/engineering/etc….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say, I always find it amusing how some people pick a single thing within all of their inalienable rights to contest, be it ability to think freely, to own private property, to act in self defense, or to worship within a freely chosen religion, yet accept everything that they perceive as benefiting them right now. The same people love to move freely within their country, love their right to disagree, their security in own home, etc etc ….ALL results of freedom, particularly freedom of choice etc …

See what I did there champ allow people the right of choice, you know how to protect yourself and your loved ones. Allow others the choice to choose what they are comfortable with without fear of becoming a societal pariah. I love that there are TRF members defending their choice to not vaccinate. That’s awesome.

Old 3 December 2021, 12:46 PM   #373
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
I have to say, I always find it amusing how some people pick a single thing within all of their inalienable rights to contest, be it ability to think freely, to own private property, to act in self defense, or to worship within a freely chosen religion, yet accept everything that they perceive as benefiting them right now. The same people love to move freely within their country, love their right to disagree, their security in own home, etc etc ….ALL results of freedom, particularly freedom of choice etc …

See what I did there champ allow people the right of choice, you know how to protect yourself and your loved ones. Allow others the choice to choose what they are comfortable with without fear of becoming a societal pariah. I love that there are TRF members defending their choice to not vaccinate. That’s awesome.

Only when your rights don't interfere with others and that's how many perceive this specific issue and for good reason.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 3 December 2021, 12:58 PM   #374
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Only when your rights don't interfere with others and that's how many perceive this specific issue and for good reason.

Perception isn’t always reality

Old 3 December 2021, 01:03 PM   #375
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Perception isn’t always reality

However, in this case it is those choosing to go unvaccinated who are making this pandemic more deadly than it needs to be and that is a fact.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 3 December 2021, 01:14 PM   #376
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
However, in this case it is those choosing to go unvaccinated who are making this pandemic more deadly than it needs to be and that is a fact.

Ah I see.

Perhaps you’re correct. I received my vaccine as well as my loved ones. Due to the statistics provided by our resident physicians and the like I’m nearly 100% protected against death. According to the statistics, if I were to still acquire covid I would require nothing more than a quarantine or until I tested negative. No big deal. Since ive become fully vaccinated ive been masking when required and social distancing when possible. I admit, ive enjoyed the guilty pleasure of a few sporting events where Social distancing wasn’t possible shame on me.

Never once have I’ve been concerned with people who haven’t been vaccinated. Why should I be? The statistics are on my side…

So I’m not sure what rights you’re specifically referring to..

Old 3 December 2021, 01:15 PM   #377
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Quote:

Well I too love freedom (insert Toby Keith song here) and the right to choose puddin. I have my oversized suv, my things that go boom, my faith, my beliefs, my American flag, choice of schools, ability to live where and how I like, etc etc. But I also understand that when my choice directly impacts another person standing next to me negatively, that’s a problem….. Now we better get outta here before this gets political

Closed Thread