The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Have you brought your Patek into service within the first 5 years due to an issue?
Yes 35 24.82%
No 73 51.77%
I don’t own a Patek 33 23.40%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 November 2021, 02:48 AM   #31
Billfav
"TRF" Member

My Patek's have been flawless

No issues - none. However my AP RO I had was a POS. Bought it new and sent twice in for service in the 3 years I had it. Fortunately it was under warranty which is why after the warranty period I had to let her go.
Billfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 02:51 PM   #32
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfav View Post
No issues - none. However my AP RO I had was a POS. Bought it new and sent twice in for service in the 3 years I had it. Fortunately it was under warranty which is why after the warranty period I had to let her go.
That is just crazy.

This isn’t a statistically sound way of comparing the two, but over on the AP thread it’s 50/50 while Patek it’s 33/67 which is a pretty meaningful difference. And then with a number of experiences like this, it definitely doesn’t seem like isolated incidences with AP.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 09:48 PM   #33
alanski
"TRF" Member

5990a packed in 3 days after i got it

Fixed under warranty from Rhone. Took around 8 9 weeks I recall
alanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 12:40 AM   #34
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

This is why PP needs to provide a five, and better still eight-year warranty like Panerai and others do. Ask yourself why far lower-cost timepiece manufacturers give a 3x+ better warranty than Patek?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 01:53 AM   #35
Billfav
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
That is just crazy.

This isn’t a statistically sound way of comparing the two, but over on the AP thread it’s 50/50 while Patek it’s 33/67 which is a pretty meaningful difference. And then with a number of experiences like this, it definitely doesn’t seem like isolated incidences with AP.
In full transparency AP service was fantastic. Making shipping easy, responsivness and status along the way. First time I sent it back was because it was running 20 seconds per day off (don't recall if fast or slow). Unacceptable. AP like PP had a 2 year warranty. If I recall corrrectly you could have them inspect it before the 2 years was up and they gave you an additional year warranty. The watch was worn like all my timepieces on a rotation and had a charmed life for a luxury sports watch. The second time I had a problem with it, I was on my way out to an event, grabbed the watch a few hours before leaving set the time and wound it. Worn on the wrist several hours and headed out to the event. I thought I was running late but found out the watch was running almost 30 mins off. Huh WTF? Sent it back to AP they serviced it and I sold it. At the end of the day the timepiece was less reliable then a $100 Seiko 5.

Getting back to PP. Have not had a problem (knock on wood) with any of them. Same with any of my Rolex, and ALS. Maybe the AP was just a lemon. Don't know.
Billfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 05:51 AM   #36
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Five APs and no issues with any of them. Only one Patek, but again no issues. And my watches get well worn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 03:36 PM   #37
m3tek44
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: this
knock on wood, have NOT taken Patek for service yet.
m3tek44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 04:57 PM   #38
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfav View Post
In full transparency AP service was fantastic. Making shipping easy, responsivness and status along the way. First time I sent it back was because it was running 20 seconds per day off (don't recall if fast or slow). Unacceptable. AP like PP had a 2 year warranty. If I recall corrrectly you could have them inspect it before the 2 years was up and they gave you an additional year warranty. The watch was worn like all my timepieces on a rotation and had a charmed life for a luxury sports watch. The second time I had a problem with it, I was on my way out to an event, grabbed the watch a few hours before leaving set the time and wound it. Worn on the wrist several hours and headed out to the event. I thought I was running late but found out the watch was running almost 30 mins off. Huh WTF? Sent it back to AP they serviced it and I sold it. At the end of the day the timepiece was less reliable then a $100 Seiko 5.

Getting back to PP. Have not had a problem (knock on wood) with any of them. Same with any of my Rolex, and ALS. Maybe the AP was just a lemon. Don't know.
Everyone I know with AP has had problems.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 01:44 PM   #39
Xeron2
"TRF" Member

Yes, multiple times.

But, I wear them and beat the hell out of them. You would probably be horrified at the scratches. Worst offender is the seatbelt when I’ve had too many drinks and it hits it on release.

BTW, Greetings ! I’m new to the forum. Long term Timezone poster but that PP site has just about died unfortunately.
Xeron2 is offline   Reply With Quote