The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 November 2021, 10:01 PM   #1
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Anyone here dealt with RSC Beverly Hills?

My YG Daytona from 2000 has never been serviced and I’m visiting my sons in LA next week. I’m thinking about delivering my watch to RSC Beverly Hills in person. Love to hear about TRF members experiences with them.

Old 30 November 2021, 10:29 PM   #2
chris242
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610lv
Dealt with them about 4 years ago. Was a good experience, turnaround of about 4 weeks for a routine service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chris242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 12:27 AM   #3
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris242 View Post
Dealt with them about 4 years ago. Was a good experience, turnaround of about 4 weeks for a routine service.

Next question, how expensive? Last time I had service on a Rolex was back in the 80s.
Old 1 December 2021, 04:15 AM   #4
chris242

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
Next question, how expensive? Last time I had service on a Rolex was back in the 80s.
$700 for a full service, had 2 links added for $120 and another $180 for a new crystal
Old 1 December 2021, 04:15 AM   #5
chris242

Quote:
$700 for a full service, had 2 links added for $120 and another $180 for a new crystal
This was for a 16570
Old 1 December 2021, 04:20 AM   #6
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Never had any work done by them, but have spoken to them on the phone a bunch of times. They are very nice and helpful if you give them a call. No press one for this or two for that BS, they just answer and help you out.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 04:25 AM   #7
OYptL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Quote:
I was under the impression that all 18k services were differently priced than 904L.
OYptL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 05:35 AM   #8
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Make sure you make an appointment in advance, they will not let you in the building (or even the parking lot) without an existing appointment. Also, it is nothing more than a lobby. A very uninteresting lobby, nothing cool to look at.

I have only been once to try different size OF straps, so I can't speak to the service process.
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 06:04 AM   #9
MikelSS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
A couple of years ago I came in to ask them if they had a new coke insert in stock for my GMT Master II (16710); they requested to see my watch, and after inspecting it they refused unless I got a new bracelet as well due to having it on a Submariner bracelet so I left.
MikelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 06:43 AM   #10
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Sounds reasonable and not unlike others I've heard. I am anticipating it will be more for mine and while mine is not beat up, its been over 20 years since new so may need a lot more than it seems?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYptL View Post
I was under the impression that all 18k services were differently priced than 904L.
Sounds logical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
Make sure you make an appointment in advance, they will not let you in the building (or even the parking lot) without an existing appointment. Also, it is nothing more than a lobby. A very uninteresting lobby, nothing cool to look at.

I absolutely plan to make and appointment but thanks for the heads up.

I have only been once to try different size OF straps, so I can't speak to the service process.
I'll report back when completed...
Old 1 December 2021, 06:44 AM   #11
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikelSS View Post
A couple of years ago I came in to ask them if they had a new coke insert in stock for my GMT Master II (16710); they requested to see my watch, and after inspecting it they refused unless I got a new bracelet as well due to having it on a Submariner bracelet so I left.
That's weird and seemingly random...Sometimes Rolex is just difficult to imagine what the heck they are thinking...
Old 1 December 2021, 06:48 AM   #12
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Here’s my watch, looks good for never serviced or polished but I am looking forward to it looking new again.

Old 1 December 2021, 07:03 AM   #13
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Are you going to do a polish?
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 07:07 AM   #14
TimeLord2

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Was there in January 2021 for an estimate on my 1675/3. Prices have gone up. Base rate was $2100 and then additional parts were extra. Of course mine is from 1974 or so, and was definitely part of the price increase as parts (so they say…) are getting scarce (not in Europe apparently!). I did not have them service the watch. I am thinking maybe you try a different RSC as I think they, being in Beverly Hills, think their service is on another level even though they had to send mine to the Litiiz, PA facility. They did give me a bottle of water and some chocolates. Also, after I had it serviced (Phillip Ridley) they charged me like $170 just for a new bezel insert, and to mount and retain my original. I imagine the Daytona will be a little more expensive, like the GMT, given the complication. And do call ahead and make an appointment. It took me 2 weeks for an appointment. So there you have it.
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 10:53 PM   #15
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
Are you going to do a polish?
At 70 years old, I would love to have my watch look new again. I’ve never collected my watches as an investment, just for my personal enjoyment. Having said that, I would like to discuss it with them and see if there’s such a thing as a very light polish given the shape I have kept my watch in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2 View Post
Was there in January 2021 for an estimate on my 1675/3. Prices have gone up. Base rate was $2100 and then additional parts were extra. Of course mine is from 1974 or so, and was definitely part of the price increase as parts (so they say…) are getting scarce (not in Europe apparently!). I did not have them service the watch. I am thinking maybe you try a different RSC as I think they, being in Beverly Hills, think their service is on another level even though they had to send mine to the Litiiz, PA facility. They did give me a bottle of water and some chocolates. Also, after I had it serviced (Phillip Ridley) they charged me like $170 just for a new bezel insert, and to mount and retain my original. I imagine the Daytona will be a little more expensive, like the GMT, given the complication. And do call ahead and make an appointment. It took me 2 weeks for an appointment. So there you have it.
Thank you so much for the heads up about the appointment. I’m only taking my watch to Beverly Hills RSC because I’m going to travel there next week. This is only the second time we have traveled since March of 2020. If they can’t give me an appointment, I suppose I’ll just arrange to send it to possibly Dallas RSC as I’ve heard good things about them. Thanks again!
Old 2 December 2021, 03:59 AM   #16
OYptL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Go ahead and tell them to make it look new. You will not regret it.
OYptL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2021, 09:00 AM   #17
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYptL View Post
Go ahead and tell them to make it look new. You will not regret it.
I agree. I just spoke to Kaylee at RSC BH, I'm stopping by in two weeks around 9AM. They are no longer requiring appointments. Excited to have my watch renewed...
Old 2 December 2021, 09:15 AM   #18
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

I live outside Chicago but was in L.A. for a wedding about 4 years ago. My new-to-me Daytona had an issue where the second hand would stumble/slow down around 12 o'clock when running the chrono. I figured when in L.A. it would be good to give it to the BH RSC rather than going through the mail. I went in there, they were very nice, and I asked if they happened to have an extra Rolex magazine #1 (with my watch on the cover). They said to come back in 1/2 an hour. I did, they gave me the magazine, sent the watch off to PA where they do all Daytonas (I believe). 12 days later it was at my door in Chicago. Fixed under warranty. Great experience!

I imagine warranty service gets priority, so may take longer for a service. Plus not sure how they handle shipping to the U.K. if you aren't going to be in the US long enough. Good luck!
Old 3 December 2021, 04:46 AM   #19
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
I live outside Chicago but was in L.A. for a wedding about 4 years ago. My new-to-me Daytona had an issue where the second hand would stumble/slow down around 12 o'clock when running the chrono. I figured when in L.A. it would be good to give it to the BH RSC rather than going through the mail. I went in there, they were very nice, and I asked if they happened to have an extra Rolex magazine #1 (with my watch on the cover). They said to come back in 1/2 an hour. I did, they gave me the magazine, sent the watch off to PA where they do all Daytonas (I believe). 12 days later it was at my door in Chicago. Fixed under warranty. Great experience!

I imagine warranty service gets priority, so may take longer for a service. Plus not sure how they handle shipping to the U.K. if you aren't going to be in the US long enough. Good luck!
Thanks for the info and your story!! I'm in the US so mailing it back to me seems easy enough. I think it will be all good for me. A side note, my son texted me yesterday to tell me about the uptick in Rolex watch related crimes in Beverly Hills in addition to people in nice cars being followed home and then robbed. This wont be relevant for me but I am considering wearing a Casio while out there...