The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 August 2016, 12:11 AM   #1
paolozambelli
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Omega PO
Lifting Bezel

Hi Guys

need to pick your brain on my DSSD,

just today ive noticed that the whole bezel has 'popped' up a bit, normally it sits pretty close to the watch case. when its 'popped' up i can physically push it back down and it sort of clicks back and stays there till i either rotate the bezel or rock it a bit.

does anyone know what could be causing this... and more importantly is teh bezel likely to fall off?

ive attached a couple of pics showing it in both its normal position and its 'popped' position

Cheers guys

Paolo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4004.JPG (79.3 KB, 403 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4003.JPG (76.7 KB, 405 views)
paolozambelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 12:25 AM   #2
RichM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
They all look like that. Here's my YM. Some to a lesser degree. I wouldn't about it. Edit: I see what you mean. I don't think mine moves at all but I'm not about to try. Sorry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (80.4 KB, 387 views)
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 12:29 AM   #3
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
It's differently lifting on the one side. I'd take it in
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 12:34 AM   #4
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
For "peace of mind" i take into my AD and get it sorted,,,,,
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 01:24 AM   #5
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
The amount of play in the bezel you're describing does not sound right to me. I would def get it checked out.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 01:30 AM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolozambelli View Post
Hi Guys

need to pick your brain on my DSSD,

just today ive noticed that the whole bezel has 'popped' up a bit, normally it sits pretty close to the watch case. when its 'popped' up i can physically push it back down and it sort of clicks back and stays there till i either rotate the bezel or rock it a bit.

does anyone know what could be causing this... and more importantly is teh bezel likely to fall off?

ive attached a couple of pics showing it in both its normal position and its 'popped' position

Cheers guys

Paolo
With watches like the DSSD with the ceramic bezel its totally different from the older aluminium 16610 type,on the ceramic the bezel it floats on 3 spring loaded ball bearings plus a spring loaded click stop.So there will be a tiny bit of play both lateral and up and down its spring loaded.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 01:46 AM   #7
paolozambelli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
With watches like the DSSD with the ceramic bezel its totally different from the older aluminium 16610 type,on the ceramic the bezel it floats on 3 spring loaded ball bearings plus a spring loaded click stop.So there will be a tiny bit of play both lateral and up and down its spring loaded.
i appreciate that... but when its in its 'popped' up position the lip of the ceramic is above the leading edge of the crystal which makes me feel that way more play than should be expected, and its only in the 12-3ish quadrant that there is that much pop, the rest of the bezel stays pretty well tight to the main watch case.

either way im sure it needs to be looked at by either the AD or an RSC but my main worry is im getting married in 2 days and then off on my honeymoon the day after for 3 weeks...and im just a bit worried about the security of the bezel... maybe i need to check my insurance will cover if the bezel falls off lol
Old 18 August 2016, 02:54 AM   #8
captain_NEMO
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
Good luck - keep us posted!
captain_NEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 03:11 AM   #9
traf
"TRF" Member

Watch: me ride bikes
From the second photo you can visibly see one of the ball bearings, definitely not normal...

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
traf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 03:12 AM   #10
mtgjr
Banned

Watch: Pepsi GMT
Sounds like a perfect time to send it into an RSC to look at it. You'll be out of pocket for several weeks anyway, so the turnaround time won't really bother you.
mtgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 03:52 AM   #11
paolozambelli
"TRF" Member

its not ideal timing as my Omega is off getting serviced as well so will be without a watch grr!
I've spoken to my AD, so going to try and get down there on Friday and get them to to look at it. hopefully its something simple like the o-ring/gasket that now secures the bezel has slipped or broken, surely that something they would carry? apart from that there isn't much to the bezel that could go wrong?
Old 18 August 2016, 06:16 AM   #12
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
its not ideal timing as my Omega is off getting serviced as well so will be without a watch grr!
I've spoken to my AD, so going to try and get down there on Friday and get them to to look at it. hopefully its something simple like the o-ring/gasket that now secures the bezel has slipped or broken, surely that something they would carry? apart from that there isn't much to the bezel that could go wrong?
You won't believe it, but the only thing that holds the bezel to the case is a very thin nylon/Delrin retaining ring. It sounds like yours might be compromised if there is an abnormally large gap between the bezel ring and the case. There is a special tool used to remove and install these modern bezels, so the watch MAY have to go to RSC, not sure. But that retaining ring is a much smaller price to pay than a lost/broken bezel and insert IF it falls off the watch, IMO.
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 06:59 AM   #13
paolozambelli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
You won't believe it, but the only thing that holds the bezel to the case is a very thin nylon/Delrin retaining ring. It sounds like yours might be compromised if there is an abnormally large gap between the bezel ring and the case. There is a special tool used to remove and install these modern bezels, so the watch MAY have to go to RSC, not sure. But that retaining ring is a much smaller price to pay than a lost/broken bezel and insert IF it falls off the watch, IMO.
i know the ring you're talking about, I'm going to call the RSC in London first thing tomorrow and see if they can fit me in on Friday, lay it on thick with the wedding/honeymoon so fingers crossed. if the insert/bezel falls off gets blocked/lost worst case ill have to go through my insurance, hopefully it won't have to come to that.
Old 19 August 2016, 07:08 PM   #14
paolozambelli
"TRF" Member

So an update.
Went to the RSC at St James Square and they saw me straight away, before I had a chance to seat I had a technician collecting my watch to inspect it.
So they removed the bezel, inspected it as well as the watch case and no damage or wear, they replaced the retaining clip/plastic bit (they did say what it was called but I can't remember) and it still moves the same amount... Just likes like there is a lot of play in the bezel at that corner. Least I can relax about it now and not worry about it falling off!
Old 19 August 2016, 11:07 PM   #15
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
So an update.
Went to the RSC at St James Square and they saw me straight away, before I had a chance to seat I had a technician collecting my watch to inspect it.
So they removed the bezel, inspected it as well as the watch case and no damage or wear, they replaced the retaining clip/plastic bit (they did say what it was called but I can't remember) and it still moves the same amount... Just likes like there is a lot of play in the bezel at that corner. Least I can relax about it now and not worry about it falling off!
Congrats on getting married and enjoy your honeymoon wherever it may be!
Enjoy the watch! Post a few pics when you and the new bride are back
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote