The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 September 2020, 08:04 PM   #31
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Just to add, I was worried about slippage. So far, zero concerns about that. It’s not very slippery at all, even with this high shine. My only real complaint is the scratching.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 09:36 PM   #32
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Do any of you guys know if you can pour concrete over top of an existing concrete floor?

I have about 8” of depth to work with, so rather than hammer out the existing floor, I’d simply like to pour over top of it. Will there be issues with doing this?
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 01:38 AM   #33
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Do any of you guys know if you can pour concrete over top of an existing concrete floor?

I have about 8” of depth to work with, so rather than hammer out the existing floor, I’d simply like to pour over top of it. Will there be issues with doing this?
I’d imagine there’d be expansion and contraction between the layers from heat that could cause premature cracking
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 01:49 AM   #34
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I’m not certain the exact brand. But the garage was sanded, polished and painted. I opted against the top coat as it takes away the shine. Conversely, it is very prone to scratching. It looks nice and I like it, but I’m not certain I’d recommend.

If you want more detail, let me know and I’ll ask my GC. It’s not a specific brand of anything, but rather his floor guy with a relatively new technique.

ps. Cabinets go up in a week. Should look pretty cool once they are in.
C’mon, man. That’s just obscene! My garage has got a 1999 Saturn and a water heater in it.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 01:59 AM   #35
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
C’mon, man. That’s just obscene! My garage has got a 1999 Saturn and a water heater in it.
Sorry for the forum flexing brother.

This garage is a lifetime in the making. Dreams that came true.

Still wish I had room for one or two more tho. So I’m still chasing that dragon.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 02:09 AM   #36
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Sorry for the forum flexing brother.

This garage is a lifetime in the making. Dreams that came true.

Still wish I had room for one or two more tho. So I’m still chasing that dragon.
Good on you, man. Figure out what you want in life and go get it.
Me? I’m just trying to get that hot water.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 02:33 AM   #37
Jackie Daytona
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:
I’m not certain the exact brand. But the garage was sanded, polished and painted. I opted against the top coat as it takes away the shine. Conversely, it is very prone to scratching. It looks nice and I like it, but I’m not certain I’d recommend.

If you want more detail, let me know and I’ll ask my GC. It’s not a specific brand of anything, but rather his floor guy with a relatively new technique.

That is beautiful. I love that finish and color. I’m going to have to start looking into this.
Old 18 September 2020, 03:08 AM   #38
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Growing up in Canada we just left our floors natural and played on them.

Here my dad an his two wives are doing a bit of clean up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (7.4 KB, 115 views)
Old 18 September 2020, 03:18 AM   #39
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
There is a big difference between a floor that you just park your car on and one that is used as a shop or work-space.

In the machine shop, I just sealed the concrete, no special coating because the welding spatter, machining chips, and any maintenance wreaks havoc with any coating.

The main house garage has epoxy with the cute little speckles. It holds up well, but over time does show wear.
Old 18 September 2020, 06:14 AM   #40
encarter13
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Floor looks great, but not enough room for all your cars!
Old 18 September 2020, 07:16 AM   #41
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:

Old 18 September 2020, 12:53 PM   #42
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

I just had mine professionally refinished with epoxy. My floor had cracks and moisture issues, so it took a lot of prep and a sealing coat first. The next day they laid the color flakes and did the final epoxy. I gave it 3 days to cure before I moved stuff back into the garage. It was around $2,300 for a large-ish 2 car garage. I was worried that it might be slick when wet, since I have motorcycles that I drive in and out, but it's a non-issue. Really easy to keep clean too. I wish I'd done this 18 years ago when I bought my place. Now I just need to get my Carrera 3.2 back from the gearbox rebuild to join it's younger sibling!

Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 03:56 PM   #43
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Quote:
Originally Posted by timepieceluvr View Post
I’d stay away from the polish unless you like super slippery. These pics aren’t that great but here is ours, was done in 2014 and still looks great. Zero maintenance

We have the same in our garage. The Jeep used to have an oil leak that I could never find nor fix. Wiped off every week and still looks great.
kieselguhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 04:59 PM   #44
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore66 View Post
I just had mine professionally refinished with epoxy. My floor had cracks and moisture issues, so it took a lot of prep and a sealing coat first. The next day they laid the color flakes and did the final epoxy. I gave it 3 days to cure before I moved stuff back into the garage. It was around $2,300 for a large-ish 2 car garage. I was worried that it might be slick when wet, since I have motorcycles that I drive in and out, but it's a non-issue. Really easy to keep clean too. I wish I'd done this 18 years ago when I bought my place. Now I just need to get my Carrera 3.2 back from the gearbox rebuild to join it's younger sibling!

Very nice. A year later and I still never got this done..... might try to get it done before winter but doubtful. The idea of unloading my garage for all that time makes me tired.

I had an 899 track bike, I see your 959 sitting back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 12:18 PM   #45
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

Nice bike! I've had faster bikes but I just prefer being able to wring out the middleweight bikes on the street and using all the power. The 959 is almost too easy though, and I really miss my 900SS/SP's that I've owned and I'm thinking about getting back to an air-cooled Duc. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I've been spending a lot more time on this than my Ducati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Very nice. A year later and I still never got this done..... might try to get it done before winter but doubtful. The idea of unloading my garage for all that time makes me tired.

I had an 899 track bike, I see your 959 sitting back there.

Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 12:21 PM   #46
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore66 View Post
Nice bike! I've had faster bikes but I just prefer being able to wring out the middleweight bikes on the street and using all the power. The 959 is almost too easy though, and I really miss my 900SS/SP's that I've owned and I'm thinking about getting back to an air-cooled Duc.

Yeah I sold it and my S4RS earlier this year. Done with bikes. First sold the S4RS and said no more street but then moved away from doing it on the track as well, it's just too dangerous for me with a young family. Risk was just no longer worth the reward but it was fun.

V25V is offline   Reply With Quote